Death-dealing Duo of Doom?

CaIypso - Harshlands
CaIypso - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Assassin
As a result of a debate over Assassin skills in the archer forum, I thought of something that, in theory, seems absurdly dangerous:

Two 86+ assassins, both start out in stealth of course.
Find a target group. One assassin uses Frenzy, Tangling Mire, and Subsea Strike. The other double-sparks, uses Frenzy, and then Earthen Rift.
Both return to stealth.
With good communication and timing, elapsed time is around 4 or 5 seconds.

If I'm understanding the mechanics correctly, that's -45-50% PDef and +80% damage (Subsea 30% + Frenzy 20% + Chill 30%) applied to (Base + ~3500) and then (Base + 700%), with maybe around 25% crit rate.

Thoughts, comments, criticism?
Post edited by CaIypso - Harshlands on

Comments

• rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    same as, bm + wiz & any other combo

bm drops heavens flame & stun / wiz BIDS / archer roll head on keyboard, barb armageddon and so on.

ofc spikes work thats what i wanted to say.
  • CaIypso - Harshlands
    CaIypso - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's not really the massive damage that gets my attention, it's the massive damage that is impossible to see coming, is done in a few seconds, and leaves no trace but the dead and the dying.

More specifically, can anyone see a way to stop or counter this short of blind luck?
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    absolute domain
  • Kriticalhitz - Raging Tide
    Kriticalhitz - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's not really the massive damage that gets my attention, it's the massive damage that is impossible to see coming, is done in a few seconds, and leaves no trace but the dead and the dying.

More specifically, can anyone see a way to stop or counter this short of blind luck?

O_Ob:shocked massive damage yes.. but there is a way to stop and counter. if the group is experienced, they wont go and bunch up waiting for some aoes to hit them <_<. they will be seperated.. anyways the sin class is popular,, there is a chance that a higher level sin is lurking nearby and can destroyone in a matter of secondsb:sad
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ive thought about similar situations before. and this is actually a bad **** way to do things. when you hit some one coming out of stealth you notice it takes them at least a full 1 -2 seconds before they do anything at all. im guessing this is becasue they are to busy scratching thier balls or typing in faction chat. but not everyone has there hand on the hotkey for the stun attack all the time. so this would work wonders. if you dont beleive me ill kill you with it
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    Vorhes - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ive thought about similar situations before. and this is actually a bad **** way to do things. when you hit some one coming out of stealth you notice it takes them at least a full 1 -2 seconds before they do anything at all. im guessing this is becasue they are to busy scratching thier balls or typing in faction chat. but not everyone has there hand on the hotkey for the stun attack all the time. so this would work wonders. if you dont beleive me ill kill you with it

LOL scratching balls
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    imo the biggest worry with that setup in open pvp type scenarios is other, higher level sins... like someone else said. no one else sees you coming, but you can't see them coming b:surrender

And if they're on your target group's side (faction or squad or w/e) they could always warn them about your approach.. then the group would have plenty of time to prevent getting hit ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    note: we can avoid stunning using maze steps

so would be better maze steps, inner harmony (to get chi), and then the skills.
    maze steps lasts only 10 secs, so have to kill fast b:shocked