Intentionally getting someone killed by a mob

Vive - Lost City
Vive - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Is this against the rules?
I was getting pk'd while I were attacking a mob, and then this person stunned me so the mob could finish me off.
I also got a screenshot of him saying he intentionally wanted me to get killed by that mob. Do I have a good chance of getting this person banned if I send in a ticket or is this all fair game?
Post edited by Vive - Lost City on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    That's pretty low and could be considered griefing. If it bugs you, submit a ticket. Personally, I would just go after them and kill them.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hmmm... I'm not sure. I would think that that's just one of the risks you take by playing on a PvP server. The only time this is against the rules is if a person were to lure a boss into a safe zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Dunno....I would say just send a ticket in if this is a concern to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Vive - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    That's pretty low and could be considered griefing. If it bugs you, submit a ticket. Personally, I would just go after them and kill them.

He admitted to being 13 too b:sad so I'm not sure if it's low or if he doesn't understand why it's wrong to do so. No offence to the rest of the 13 year olds on here >.<
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    As far as I am aware, if it only happens once maybe twice, the offending person will not be banned. Most certainly not permanently.

However, if it bothers you, you can send a ticket in (with the screenshot of course) and see what happens. They may get temporarily banned for harassment, but frankly it would appear in PWI once isn't enough to take punitive action against people, so I'm doubtful anything will happen if you ticket it.

Only one way to find out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I was getting pk'd while I were attacking a mob, and then this person stunned me so the mob could finish me off.
    I also got a screenshot of him saying he intentionally wanted me to get killed by that mob. Do I have a good chance of getting this person banned if I send in a ticket or is this all fair game?

it is bannable on PvE servers, dunno about PvP server...

take the other's advice, submit a ticket, include screenshots...

if nothing else, he might get banned for admitting to being underage :P
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if nothing else, he might get banned for admitting to being underage :P

13 is not underage for this game....read the ToS b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    13 is not underage for this game....read the ToS b:surrender

oh, coulda sword it said 14+
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    very small chance of getting someone that does that banned.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Why so serious? I've lost count at the amount of times ive intentionally got someone killed for being a complete ****.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    In most cases I bet not.

One example -- some idiot assassin was trying to bum free orbs off a boss my veno was tanking in COA. I hadn't attacked it yet besides my pet, so all I did was unsummon my pet and watched him get his **** beat, die, and I brought back the herc and solo'd it. There's no way this could be considered illegal.
  • Vive - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    In most cases I bet not.

One example -- some idiot assassin was trying to bum free orbs off a boss my veno was tanking in COA. I hadn't attacked it yet besides my pet, so all I did was unsummon my pet and watched him get his **** beat, die, and I brought back the herc and solo'd it. There's no way this could be considered illegal.

I have thought of situations like that too, thats why I asked. But he did quite literally admit it that was his only goal and for no reason. But eh, I think I'll just drop it. Good to know it's considered fair game.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hmm the people who do that are usually your KOS or a friend of someone you just killed
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hmm the people who do that are usually your KOS or a friend of someone you just killed

Wrong, alot of people do it simply because the person was a complete idiot or even more arrogant than they are stupid.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010

this is the best type of pk

a good pker will always attempt to get you killed this way

it causes greater grief than regular pk

and it also doesnt get you all rednamed
  • Michyx - Lost City
    Michyx - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just a guy who wants to have fun in a pvp server. Just send a ticket , GM's will know what to do with him.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not saying its right or wrong.
    But hasnt it been said before while this might not be bannable it is frowned upon, since you intentionally trying to make the other person lose xp rather than just PK for no xp loss ?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    back when tideborns first came out, after about 3 days me started patrolling the oracle spots
    there was this one psychic who was killing those skeleton mobs and me shot 1 gush at it......it just happened to take out 95% of it's life then not even half a second later a skeleton shot her and she fell.
    b:shocked

that was pretty funny but completely unintentional.
    >.<'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    back when tideborns first came out, after about 3 days me started patrolling the oracle spots
    there was this one psychic who was killing those skeleton mobs and me shot 1 gush at it......it just happened to take out 95% of it's life then not even half a second later a skeleton shot her and she fell.
    b:shocked

that was pretty funny but completely unintentional.
    >.<'

I was chasing down a redname near Hidden Orchid once...they flew too low to the ground and aggroed Yan and died...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I was chasing down a redname near Hidden Orchid once...they flew too low to the ground and aggroed Yan and died...b:surrender

i didnt have safety lock on once and i attacked some barb and i did like 200 damage

so i ran away

and yan teh traitor killed me

i dropeed some herbs QQ b:cry
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It was stated a long time ago by GMs on this forum that it is indeed against the ToS. MPK (Monster Player Killing) is considered both exploiting and greifing. It circumvents the normal rules of PK in 2 ways;

(1) Its exploiting in that it enables people to kill players who are blue names, thus crossing the barrier that was meant to protect people not in PK mode (under 30 on PvP servers, any blue name on PvE, and anyone in a safe zone).
    (2) Its greifing in that it causes the player to lose Exp, which is a penalty not built into the PK system as intended by the developers.

What the penalty might be i cant say, might just be a warning or one of those stupid 5 minute bans meant as a slap on the wrist. The player would probably have to show a pattern of repeated MPK before further and more severe penalties would be incurred.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    oh, coulda sword it said 14+

The question is, did he get parental consent?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    The question is, did he get parental consent?

impossible to prove or disprove
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    impossible to prove or disprove

yups, that is why it the real question :) I always thought that line on the TOS was funny, since as you said, it is kind of hard to prove.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • avenged911221
    avenged911221 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you're going to QQ why play a PvP server? Go re-roll PvE
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It was stated a long time ago by GMs on this forum that it is indeed against the ToS. MPK (Monster Player Killing) is considered both exploiting and greifing. It circumvents the normal rules of PK in 2 ways;

(1) Its exploiting in that it enables people to kill players who are blue names, thus crossing the barrier that was meant to protect people not in PK mode (under 30 on PvP servers, any blue name on PvE, and anyone in a safe zone).
    . . .

I'm not sure I know what you mean. How do you kill a player that's blue named? You can't stun them.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    I'm not sure I know what you mean. How do you kill a player that's blue named? You can't stun them.

a) You can cast genie expel on a Veno healing a Herc tanking a boss (happened to me, a Veno was tanking Blackhole devourer, the Veno got Expelled, Herc died, Blackhole turned on me next & killed me). People also do it on clerics so the Barb & the entire squad after dies.

b) Luring any sort of AoE boss over. Infamously Jewelscalen or some World Bosses.

Both tectics use Monsters to Player Kill (MPK) a Blue name.
  • Vive - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    If you're going to QQ why play a PvP server? Go re-roll PvE

Only if you pay all my stuff ;)
    (2) Its greifing in that it causes the player to lose Exp, which is a penalty not built into the PK system as intended by the developers.

What the penalty might be i cant say, might just be a warning or one of those stupid 5 minute bans meant as a slap on the wrist. The player would probably have to show a pattern of repeated MPK before further and more severe penalties would be incurred.

That's what I thought. Completely not worth the hassle of a ticket too.
  • darckazuma
    darckazuma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    For those that said send a ticket u must not have played many MMO...

In order for this to be harassment that player must do this multiple times not just 1 or 5x... i'd say about x10 for 2 days atleast then it will be considered harassment so dont waste ur time sending a ticket it wont do anything
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    darckazuma wrote: »
    For those that said send a ticket u must not have played many MMO...

In order for this to be harassment that player must do this multiple times not just 1 or 5x... i'd say about x10 for 2 days atleast then it will be considered harassment so dont waste ur time sending a ticket it wont do anything

Yes that is true in the case of harassment, but the OP wasnt talking about that.

In this case the player might only MPK player X once, but then go on to do it to players Y, Z, W, A , B and S.

If none of them submit a ticket then nothing can be done and its very unlikely to be done after 2 or 3 tickets. BUT if it becomes a recuring theme and they recieve 20+ tickets about the same player doing the same thing, then the evidence builds up and they know its a problem that needs sorting.