do you think i can get him banned?

[image removed]
Post edited by hemoglobin on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Level 80 red name. No. Oh, you got mail btw!
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    actually... you should get banned for calling him names.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah I'd block out the part where you bypass the swear filter if I were you
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    were you red?
    is you a lowbie that requires a culti quest?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't think so.
    PK is PK.
    If they don't want an area PKable they should make the area into a safe zone.
    Any area that is not a safe zone is free game.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    your level 80 and you think he can get banned for pking in SP?

SP is one of the best places to PK, hell, GMs have logged on and watched tourneys in SP, as factions duel it out.

You should watch your language though....it isnt nice to call people female dogs :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    also u have red name....wat did u excepted for being nub :D
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    your level 80 and you think he can get banned for pking in SP?

SP is one of the best places to PK, hell, GMs have logged on and watched tourneys in SP, as factions duel it out.

You should watch your language though....it isnt nice to call people female dogs :(

SP used to be the best place to pk but eventually people would camp the entrance for hours on end and enough lowbies complained that pk in sp is almost completely dead. It's still legal to pk there as long as you don't camp lowbies..
  • eternalnab
    edited February 2010
    Options
    SP used to be the best place to pk but eventually people would camp the entrance for hours on end and enough lowbies complained that pk in sp is almost completely dead. It's still legal to pk there as long as you don't camp lowbies..

correct =)
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The official word on this seems to be sort of skewed, but there is a general boundary. If it's just a few random times being PK'd in SP, then it isn't bannable. However, if they continue to do it time and time again to prevent you from doing whatever you need to do in SP, then it is a reportable offense.

In other words, if this was the guy's first time PK'ing you in SP, then he's scot-free. If this was like, the twentieth time you've gone back to SP and he's still PK'ing you, then yeah. Log a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    so i could go in there and blast all the noobs, one time only, and they would not ban me?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    looks like butthurt QQ to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Secret Passage SHOULD be a free to PK area.

Of course killing lowbies in there is wrong. But on a PvP server, peolpe should be allowed to play there.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    where is the image? i wanna see what the QQ is about
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I will make this easy:
    I'll try to clarify a bit for everyone here.

The principal line of the ToS that I feel is the deciding factor regarding PK in SP is the following:

"n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."

So basically, if you are PKing someone repeatedly, to the point where they are unable to play the game normally, that is probably a violation of the ToS.

In this case, if any player is intentionally blocking off a region necessary for quest or game progression by PKing everyone who is trying to get through, then this could be considered a violation of the ToS.

The main issue is "intent" though right? Think of it like this, if you are wandering around the world PKing everyone who you encounter, this is pretty much normal gameplay. If you decide, "Hey, I'm going to stay right here and kill every single person who comes by" you're setting yourself up for trouble if it is a place that people need to go.

Of course, if you are a high level in a low level area this is more of a problem, as you have intentionally chosen a place where the average player population is too low to even stand a chance against you.

Keep in mind that no case is identical, and in all situations the GM who is responding to the ticket has the final decision on whether you are in violation of game rules

tl;dr version: Don't camp a location if people need to go there. Don't camp players who are too low level to fight back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eternalnab
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i love RedsRose ^^
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    where is the image? i wanna see what the QQ is about

its something along these lines.

"You were killed by XXX."
    op: damn you female dog
    op: you'll be banned female dog
    op: female dog female dog

yea... lots of female dogs running around.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    so i could go in there and blast all the noobs, one time only, and they would not ban me?

...pretty much, yeah. Again, gray area is gray for a reason...RedsRose has the OFFICIAL official word on it in her post so...go from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wrong.

I've been told by GMs that ALL forms on PvP in SP are now bannable.

I got banned for killing a person ONE time and the GMs told me that all PvP in secret passage is bannable.

If you pop in, kill one person, and leave, that's bannable.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wrong.

I got banned for killing a person ONE time and the GMs told me that all PvP in secret passage is bannable.

i've also seen friends get banned just for standing next to someone who PK'd another person in SP
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i've also seen friends get banned just for standing next to someone who PK'd another person in SP

i have a cousin... that has a friend... whoes aunt... whos friend with a guy... thats dating this girl... whos 2 timing him with another guy... whos stalking this other girl... who knows a guy that got banned for standing at the center archo platform.

• VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i have a cousin... that has a friend... whoes aunt... whos friend with a guy... thats dating this girl... whos 2 timing him with another guy... whos stalking this other girl... who knows a guy that got banned for standing at the center archo platform.

My brain hurts.

And seriously? Killing a level 80 red named player who doesn't need any quests in there is bannable?b:sweat

I can understand if it's someone camping low level players who need to do their culti quests in there (and if I'm not mistaken then that's the reason why this whole 'PKing in SP is bannable' business was started) but I'm of the opinion that if you go around killing other people then then you should expect others to kill you.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The OP sounds like a female dog.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

b:shocked she's cheating on me?!

b:laugh good thing is that's a smexy aunt...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wrong.

This is only true on PVP servers, it is still ok to pk in sp on pve servers since there is no "non-consentual pking" since a player has to enable pk mode, and it can always disable it when they want to go quest.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    He might be able to get banned were he in an area you needed to be in. However, Secret Passage is not a place you need to be at level 80. Besides, your name is red. When you get a red name, you are asking to be PKed at all times.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wrong.

I have pked in SP for couple of times with 2 diferent GM's watching.. If u don't kill lowbies like 3000000 times to be tha man u will be fine.. anyway gratz on red name QQing about peeeveeepeeeeb:laugh
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    All I see from the OP is....

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

~S
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This is only true on PVP servers, it is still ok to pk in sp on pve servers since there is no "non-consentual pking" since a player has to enable pk mode, and it can always disable it when they want to go quest.
    Actually, this happened on a PvE server.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

niceeeeeee cool story, really enjoyed it b:chuckle
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]