Archer Killing Combos

Endrnz - Dreamweaver
Endrnz - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Archer
Okay, so this is my first post that is kind of like a guide, so would appreciate constructive critism b:victory
I decided to make this as many archer that were lower levels had quit their archer because they thought they were weak, but they just didn't know how to use the archer skills properly. So to ALL those archers that think they are weak, don't worry it gets better :)

First of all, my suggest is to find a combo you prefer (make one) and if your lazy try one of these :)

COMBO 1 (can't take credit for this, probably the most used combo)

Frost Arrow -> Normal -> Normal -> Knockback -> Normal (till death)

I used the combo most of my archer career and its great because it barely uses any MP, less MP pots = MORE CASH :D

COMBO 2
Take Aim -> Quickshot -> Knockback -> Frost Arrow -> Quickshot -> Normal (till death OR use lightning if mob is close)

This one I used from like 19-35, and still use it now (on some occasions). This is my back up combo is the first one dosen't work. One problem I had with this is, it is VERY MP intensive...but it does work 99% of the time.

COMBO 3
Stunning Arrow -> Normal (Can replace this with quickshot if monster too strong) -> Frost Arrow -> Normal -> Normal -> Knockback -> Normal (till death)

This combo is by far the best as with stunning and quickshot/normal shot you take out 1/4 to 1/3 of HP...and the monster dies before your combo is even finished. One con to this is, it is also MP intensive as Stunning arrow requires quite a bit more mana compared to all other skills. Another big downfall to this is that if stunning arrow fails you need to start COMBO 1 right away, so macroing this is not such a great idea (but after you max this skill and it has 90% stun rate) well yeah it will work 90% of the time lol b:laugh

This is my second back up lol, usually I don't get to it unless I am fighting 3-4levels higher which is not often.

COMBO 4 (Thanks AngleSnipe)

Thundershock -> Lightning Strike -> Frost Arrow -> Normal -> Normal -> Knockback -> Normal till death

This works well for increased def. as will the first 2 skills you can take out a good chuck of monster.
OR you can do what I did till level 40 and just avoid those monsters :D

COMBO 5 (Thanks AngleSnipe)

Aim Low -> Normal -> Continue with COMBO 1

One con to this combo is that, you may not have a spark ready for Aim low. Other then that it is a good alternative to COMBO 2 as it is much less MP demanding.

COMBO 6 (Thanks StormHydra)

Winged shell -> Take aim -> Normal -> Normal -> Knockback -> Normal shot (till death)

With this combo you actually gain more MP than you use, and you can take more hits...very profitable considering you do not need MP/HP pots (for the most part). Also a great combo to use against range magic mobs as it gives you more surviavibility.

To apply these combos...

Normal/Increase M.def monsters - COMBO 1/6
Increase life/P.def monsters - COMBO 2/4/5 (all work here, if no spark use COMBO 2/4
Sacrificial assault/weak monsters - I just Frost -> Normal shot (till death)...and if I miss for w.e reason I just throw in a knockback.
Ranged (physical/magical) monsters - COMBO 1, it does the trick most of the time...but you may get hit maybe 1/10 mobs and half of that is because of a miss, and for whatever reason you are getting hit a lot just switch over to COMBO 6 as it lets you get hit more.

Conclusion

So to conclude, enjoy these combos provided by the experienced archers of PWI, and let us know if you have discovered something new :)

Hope you guys find this helpful b:pleased

Well with the addition of posts from various archers, I have been able to post more Combos that they found useful and are now sharing with everyone...thanks to all the contributors, keep emm coming guys. :D
Post edited by Endrnz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Frost ---> normal ---> normal ---> knockback is the best combo to use, further down the levels quickshot becomes pretty irrelevant, as the damage is not much higher than your base damage, and it is slower to channel.

For most normal mobs the frost combo works well
    For a little tougher mobs with a bit more hp toss in a stunning arrow in the beginning
    For increase def thundershock ---> lightning strike ---> then onto normal combo
    For increase life/movement speed ---> aim low

Or if you just want to ignore it all, demon spark and watch everything die around you in a 30m radius b:laugh
  • Endrnz - Dreamweaver
    Endrnz - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Frost ---> normal ---> normal ---> knockback is the best combo to use, further down the levels quickshot becomes pretty irrelevant, as the damage is not much higher than your base damage, and it is slower to channel.

For most normal mobs the frost combo works well
    For a little tougher mobs with a bit more hp toss in a stunning arrow in the beginning
    For increase def thundershock ---> lightning strike ---> then onto normal combo
    For increase life/movement speed ---> aim low

Or if you just want to ignore it all, demon spark and watch everything die around you in a 30m radius b:laugh

Yep, that works also :D, but during the lower levels I found that the COMBO 1 didn't work well at all. Well it worked, but I got hit many times...and well I HATE being hit as archer lol. So I tried the 2nd and 3rd combo.

But yes I suppose quickshot becomes obsolete in the later levels, so thankyou I will keep that in mind :)
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    first one is best, cuz it wont se up mp as much
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmm lemme see.
    Winged shell→Take aim→normal→normal→knockback→blah blah.
    You gain more mp than you use (its about 10-20mp points, you can save those up for the stronger increased life mobs or something). And you can tank hits. I started using this later on, like after lvl 60 because mobs become more and more magic based, using ranged attacks and sometimes you get hit.

When an increased life mob comes along. It will be something like this.
    Winged shell→Take aim→Stunner→normal→normal→(if the stun worked)normal/knockback(if the stun didnt)→frost→blah blah.

A combo like this is cool, too if you have a nice amount of chi, but no sparks for aimlow.
    Winged shell→Take aim→normal→normal→knockback→frost→blah blah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • lymphocyte
    lymphocyte Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    nice guide bro
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I just Spam keys on my keyboard and it seems to kill **** and works pretty well.

Add /Facepalm to the amazingly lame list of Combos.

The only Combo an archer needs is Take Aim and Stunning Arrow IJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I just Spam keys on my keyboard and it seems to kill **** and works pretty well.

Add /Facepalm to the amazingly lame list of Combos.

The only Combo an archer needs is Take Aim and Stunning Arrow IJS

b:shocked
    teh faceroll it hurts~
    DX
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:shocked
    teh faceroll it hurts~
    DX
    I owe you 4 RPK kills. Too bad I never see you out of Safe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The one thing I've noticed is that Frost-->Normal-->Normal-->Knockback-->Normal until dead usually works. If for some reason the mob doesn't die, or if I aggro additional mobs...then I do a combination of kiting, earthquake (genie skill) and Winged Pledge (the one that knocks mobs back 8m) and this seems to kill just about everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Winged Pledge (the one that knocks mobs back 8m)

Wingspan =)

What's your archer's name, anyways?
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Also depends on what you are fighting. I enjoy using DOT(Damage of time) attacks on bosses, especially when they stun. You'll be stunned but still be hitting them with DOT hits. Watch all the people QQ about DOT being **** and this being a horrible technique, but it works for me and I've never had problems with it.

Quickshot is the biggest fail in the game until you hit 89. It takes longer to charge than it does using a few regular shots damage-wise. Demon Quickshot on the other hand, is a godly skill.

As far as 1v1 on regular mobs, I always use;
    Take Aim/Deadly Shot -> Regular hit -> Frost -> Knockback -> Stunning Arrow -> Few more regular hits. IF they're still alive, Aim Low is a pretty good substitute for stunning arrow.

Best Demon Combo Ever;
    Demon Spark -> Stunning Arrow -> Regular hits
    Or
    Stunning Arrow -> Quickshot -> Regular hits(Upon success of Quickshot)

You can QQ all you want about how I DD, but people love my damage results. :D
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2010

As far as 1v1 on regular mobs, I always use;
    Take Aim/Deadly Shot -> Regular hit -> Frost -> Knockback -> Stunning Arrow -> Few more regular hits. IF they're still alive, Aim Low is a pretty good substitute for stunning arrow.

What is the purpose of slowing a mob if you proceed to knock it back and then stun it?
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    So its farther away when you stun it, if you knock it back and then frost it, he's already 1/2 way to you and most mobs have ranged attack that i've found. So you have to put them out of its range by slowing it and then hitting it away so it takes longer to turn around and get to you, giving you time to stun.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    So its farther away when you stun it, if you knock it back and then frost it, he's already 1/2 way to you and most mobs have ranged attack that i've found. So you have to put them out of its range by slowing it and then hitting it away so it takes longer to turn around and get to you, giving you time to stun.

Not exactly efficient... but if you have no problem with it, so much the better.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    these are my typical combos. you may have different equip, but it's all a matter of getting away with using as little skills as possible, and that requires you to experiment yourself. depending on the mob, it could be:

normal x2, knockback, normal til dead

normal til dead (spiders)

normal x2, knockback, stun, normal til dead

frost, normal til melee range, wingspan, knockback, stun, normal til dead (massively outrageous melee mobs in hell who disrupt my flower picking)

and whatever...just play with skills yourself and see what works and (saves the most mana) for you.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    How not efficient? I can hit them and i'm still too far away from them for them to hit me. Win, Win for me. :D

And on second post: I burn alot of mana XD I'd be screwed without mana charm.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    How not efficient? I can hit them and i'm still too far away from them for them to hit me. Win, Win for me. :D

Because the majority of Archers I believe have decent interval and can most likely just normal shoot at a mob and kill it with either a frost, a knockback or a stun somewhere in their chain, not all 3.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I dunno.. I have pretty good interval. My attack rate is about .8 with regular hits.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I dunno.. I have pretty good interval. My attack rate is about .8 with regular hits.

And you cannot kill mobs without using all three of these skills?
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I normally fight higher mobs XD or Elite. Rarely do I fight something my level.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I normally fight higher mobs XD or Elite. Rarely do I fight something my level.

Unless you're toying with melee mobs in either Momagnon or Lothranis or super HP Elites, I find it almost always possible to kill something without all three skills, sometimes not even requiring one before they land a shot on me.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I'm normally in instances. I rarely fight regular mobs.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I'm normally in instances. I rarely fight regular mobs.

Then you should just sharp->aim low and auto fire at it. Time your stun when it approaches. Most should be dead unless you're killing those big things in 3-2 and 3-3.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    i use sharp of course, on higher hp mobs. :D

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah combos;

Thunder Shock with Lightning strike works well, but... I realllly like using Thunder Shock with Eagleon. It does a good amount of DOT. QQ

Alot of people hate DOT, I don't mind it. Every skill I have is demon or lvl 10 if i need level 99 for demon. Even the skills that I never use.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • stooix
    stooix Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Pretty much depends on what you are fighting.

reg mob = take aim + knockback

mob w/ extra def = take aim + knock back + aim low + reg hits

mob w/ extra def (alternate) = aim low + thunder + lighting + reg hits

mob w/ extra life = take aim + knock back + aim low + reg hits

mob w/ magic resistance = LMAO

mob w/ weak = LMAO

boss = see boss skills

pvp = idk (ima fail archer)
  • akibera
    akibera Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    COMBO 1 (can't take credit for this, probably the most used combo)

Frost Arrow -> Normal -> Normal -> Knockback -> Normal (till death)

^This xD It works very well. I just started my archer (pure dex, lvl22 atm). Got bored of my Veno and wanted to try something more challenging. Archer was a great choice, because it needs a lot of concentration, strategy and good timing. If I mess up my combo, the monster reaches me. Otherwise, I rarely need HP pots and I find enough MP pots as drops (: If I attack increased hp / more p.def mobs, I start with Take aim, but hopefully I can replace it with an other strong attack.
    Active player since January 2010.