GMs you have a HUGE problem

Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Plz take this seriously, as this is not me posting a rant, but a very real and big problem.

The issue starts with 2 things combined:
1. the Tideborn expansion.
2. the Raging Tide server.

The Tideborn expansion brought a dark and overpowered race into the game. This doesn't change players personality, but brings forward rude and careless behaviour we have not seen on other servers. I don't believe the problem is alot of new players, but the new players here are plying a totally different game, than what we started out with in closed/open beta.

The scale of the problem: just at the spot i am fighting at any time, more than 50% of the ppl coming by, is Kill Stealing (KS) me. Kill Stealing is when you atatck a mob another player have aggro on, and that can be several mobs. Some say they just wanted to help out, but ask a player before you start to help, ty. If I should report according to TOS (like I should do), I must submit screens and tickets on more than 100 players daily (no joke). In addition about 50% of the mentioned players that I tell how to play according to the rules of the game, they swear and laugh at me.

People that know me, know that i play fair and take this seriously as a game, not making more fuzz than is needed. I spend a big part of the game teaching players the rules instead of them doing so before starting to play.

I refuse to do 2 things:
1. change server.
2. leave the rule violations unattended.

I believe strongly that this problem is created by PWE and not the new gamers joining (those are most welcome here).
So the question has to be:

What will the GMs and PWE do to adress and fix the issue at hand?

b:thanks b:heart

PS: I have also submitted a ticket on this, this thread is to educate especially Raging Tide players, and all other new players.

EDIT:
Some forum members call this whining, and tries to picture me as unexperienced.
Therefor I will let you in on a few facts about myself:

I have been guild leader for a successful guild for 3 years now.
I have played most of the mainstream MMOs on the market, plus a few lesser known.
I have finished one of the 3 biggest MMOs in the world (how many here can say they have finished an MMO?)
I also am the author of game guides, so beeing correct and not exaggerate is one of my trademarks.
b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
- a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
Post edited by Born_Again_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• infuriation
    infuriation Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This isn't really a huge problem. Ksing happens in pretty much all games. Also most of the tideborns are alts, meaning they have a main, so they aren't new gamers. All classes ks, not just tideborn. Venos always send their pet and ks me,but then I ask to party with them and they say yes.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you're not the only one getting it, new players are out in swarms..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    KSing is not and never was a reportable offense.

edit : Follow up post cause I too nab to edit the first time :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    This isn't really a huge problem. Ksing happens in pretty much all games. Also most of the tideborns are alts, meaning they have a main, so they aren't new gamers. All classes ks, not just tideborn. Venos always send their pet and ks me,but then I ask to party with them and they say yes.

KSing is not just a problem, its illegal behaviour players get banned for. Don't delude players to think this is ok to do. (and i never squad with anyone ksing, but love to help players that play fair)

b:thanks

WRONG!
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if it can be pegged as harassment it is
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Alvena - Sanctuary
    Alvena - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Kill stealing happens all the time, not just with Tideborns. I can't keep count of the amount of times I've had a Veno' walk in and start kill stealing me. All classes do it.

You're also blaming the wrong people, Game Moderators aren't Game Producers/Creators/CEO's..whoever decides what happens in game. - so QQing people who merely Moderate the game is unfair.

Chill out and move away and kill something else and come back later, un-necessary under isn't cool. b:victory
    edited February 2010
    KSing is not just a problem, its illegal behaviour players get banned for.

The only way it is illegal/bannable is if someone is following you around for an extended period of time KSing you in order to keep you from completing a quest - that's harassment. Normal KSing is not reportable/ban-able.
    if it can be pegged as harassment it is

Gee golly thanks for pointing out the obvious. Normal every day KSing (what the OP sounds like he/she is whining about) is just that - normal KSing. Not bannable - any reporting is a waste of the GMs time.

If the OP is reporting 'more than 100 people a day' she is doing nothing but wasting the GMs time and keeping them from real issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Jeez. We got it, Tideborns are evil. Tideborns eat little babies. Tideborns support Saddam Hussein.

Please remove us from the game.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    rofl father ted i love you for that XD
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Big deal. If your beings ksed do something about it instead of whining and blaming it on the new expansion. In fact, there's hardly anything in your post stating the problem with the new classes and expansion. You put maybe a total of two lines in there. The same thing could happen with any other class and any other server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Big deal. If your beings ksed do something about it instead of whining and blaming it on the new expansion. In fact, there's hardly anything in your post stating the problem with the new classes and expansion. You put maybe a total of two lines in there. The same thing could happen with any other class and any other server.

If you're not playing recently on Raging Tide server, you can't see how BIG difference there is on this and other servers. I play all 6 servers, so I can tell.

Normal every day KSing (what the OP sounds like he/she is whining about) is just that - normal KSing. Not bannable - any reporting is a waste of the GMs time.

If the OP is reporting 'more than 100 people a day' she is doing nothing but wasting the GMs time and keeping them from real issues.

It is interesting to see players from other servers stating this aint a problem. I dodnt either when i played the other servers. However on Raging Tide the problem is so big normal KSing has become harrasment. Therefore it is bannable indeed. I do completely agree that onother severs it's not woth mentioning, so stop ridicule e real issue, and this is definitly a real issue for the GMs. The company has been informed but its the GMs that see this everyday on the server.

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    If you're not playing recently on Raging Tide server, you can't see how BIG difference there is on this and other servers. I play all 6 servers, so I can tell.

It is interesting to see players from other servers stating this aint a problem. I dodnt either when i played the other servers. However on Raging Tide the problem is so big normal KSing has become harrasment. Therefore it is bannable indeed. I do completely agree that onother severs it's not woth mentioning, so stop ridicule e real issue, and this is definitly a real issue for the GMs. The company has been informed but its the GMs that see this everyday on the server.
    If they KOS you then KOS them. We don't care about your tiny insignificent problems. We care about the bigger things in this game. Like why the hell I can't sell my perfect iron hammer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There's KSing on every other MMO out there, so just deal with it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    pift?
    KSing?
    me suggest you go to another spawn area?
    b:puzzled

also lols~
    in PvP servers we can just keel each other for the spot
    ^.^
    fun~
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arlehn - Sanctuary
    Arlehn - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Jeez. We got it, Tideborns are evil. Tideborns eat little babies. Tideborns support Saddam Hussein.

Please remove us from the game.

^

I loev babies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AinaMizuako's Psychic. b:kiss
    "Aina, your psy looks like Jenova from FF7 if she was a pimp."
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Sold the Perfect Iron Hammer. Guess we can let this thread die now. Nothing important left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    pift?
    KSing?
    me suggest you go to another spawn area?
    b:puzzled

also lols~
    in PvP servers we can just keel each other for the spot
    ^.^
    fun~
    xD
    So I'm guessing you look like this...

942091-zombie_hamster_super.jpg

...when someone takes your spot? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2010

So what have they fixed of the real issues, still have the rubber band glitch, I still see other glitches bugs that have NOT been fixed, so what are the real issues? They patch is sent to them fully made, all the do is convert it which isn't that long of a process.
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
    edited February 2010
    So I'm guessing you look like this...

...when someone takes your spot? b:shocked

mayhaps this be more fitting
    Stephanie%20Ratcliff,%20Night%20of%20the%20Hell%20Hamsters.jpg
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    mayhaps this be more fitting
    Stephanie%20Ratcliff,%20Night%20of%20the%20Hell%20Hamsters.jpg
    b:avoid

Nah. It's the same hamster.
    Can't you see the eyes glowing? b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Nah. It's the same hamster.
    Can't you see the eyes glowing? b:angry

>.<
    who told you me ebil secret?
    b:shocked
    19400.jpg
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Back on topic in here please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Some people are just asses, no rules or even laws can change that. Just get used to it and try to pretend they aren't even there. But we do need a bigger blacklist for all the friendly people we encounter !
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
    edited February 2010
    Some people are just asses, no rules or even laws can change that. Just get used to it and try to pretend they aren't even there. But we do need a bigger blacklist for all the friendly people we encounter !

and can we has bigger friendlist?
    b:shedtear
    me ran out of space months ago

also err...just go to a new spawn?
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yay stupid thread, quit your whining, theres nothing overpowered about tideborns, and nothing in your right mind should make you think so
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Buizel - Dreamweaver
    Buizel - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If some KS's you, go to a different spawn area then. Some of the KSers KS just to get a negative reaction from you. Just ignore them.
    I think I love Buizel too much?... Nah X3
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOL at the QQ. You picked a PvE server, you have to deal with the problems that it creates for you.
    What will the GMs and PWE do to adress and fix the issue at hand?

PK enable all the PvE servers. Everyone over lbl 30 becomes white name. Problem solved. It's just that simple.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited February 2010
    So what have they fixed of the real issues, still have the rubber band glitch, I still see other glitches bugs that have NOT been fixed, so what are the real issues? They patch is sent to them fully made, all the do is convert it which isn't that long of a process.

Dealing with customer service / billing issues, taking care of players who are truly violating the rules - that sort of thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    PK enable all the PvE servers. Everyone over lbl 30 leaves the game. Heads roll.

Fixed.
    10 chars
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Fixed.

rofl

10 chars
This discussion has been closed.