Server Lag (?) ~07:20 server time

sidmeyster
sidmeyster Posts: 14 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Support Desk
Anyone else noticed this? We are in the middle of a frost run (Glacial Cloister), everyone started lagging - you could see the characters jumping all over and then DC'd one by one [no they don't hate me lol]. Some have managed to login but can't move or anything. A few other friends I am talking to are having the same problem in different places (FB69 is one example). Just wondering if other's have noticed a similar issue

b:bye
Post edited by sidmeyster on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    A lot of people that got the lag ingame can't even connect to the PWI forums to post about it either. I didn't get the lag but I know a lot of people that did. It's not just the instance or you guys, it's happened on multiple servers and multiple locations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • senriyu
    senriyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I got the lag/disconnect issue myself. I play on the Heavens Tear server.
  • Kiyoshi_Soma - Sanctuary
    Kiyoshi_Soma - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This is not the first time PWI has gone through this. Since I have played it has happened a handful of times within the past year. It is usually short lived (less than an hour) and it passes. Not all players are effected, but it has nothing to do with your computer or your account. The server is just having a bad morning and taking it out on you. Like I said, usually passes within the hour so just hold tight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Same here- I've repeatedly DC'd in the past half hour from the Heaven's Tear server- on multiple computers. Verified I can connect to the internet, other games, and ventrilo servers... this appears to be a server-side issue.
  • Merwen - Lost City
    Merwen - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well I mananged to get on the forums, but its taking like 10 minutes to load every page x_x

I was in the middle of BH39 and it just hit very suddenly, freezing for 5+ minutes at a time..

Tried to explain to my squad, I'd be useless trailing them hopelessly in this lag, me got booted. Ty Pwi. :(
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not having any issues.
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well I mananged to get on the forums, but its taking like 10 minutes to load every page x_x

I was in the middle of BH39 and it just hit very suddenly, freezing for 5+ minutes at a time..

Tried to explain to my squad, I'd be useless trailing them hopelessly in this lag, me got booted. Ty Pwi. :(

it's not just instances, tho- I was out on the world map, and getting this same latency/disconnect problem... Others in my faction are reporting similar issues.
  • Merwen - Lost City
    Merwen - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    We're the unlucky half I guess. Looks like its split down the middle, half no lag - rest of us lag hoarz.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Glad to see you got the forums to work at least though, Merwen b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yea out TT run went a bit bad cuz if this....stupid ape boss was at 1% hp <.< was
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nanaki_x - Heavens Tear
    Nanaki_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    good to know it isnt only me. But sucks i was in the middle of 2-3 duo run, boss was at 30k hp. Now my exp and subs are gone, the time spend in it was for nothing as well. I hope the boss didnt kill my charm
  • Xiuhdragon - Heavens Tear
    Xiuhdragon - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Finally getting on forum and yes have same lag disconnect problem
  • sidmeyster
    sidmeyster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    good to know it isnt only me. But sucks i was in the middle of 2-3 duo run, boss was at 30k hp. Now my exp and subs are gone, the time spend in it was for nothing as well. I hope the boss didnt kill my charm

That's bad .. hope there weren't many people on hyper stones too b:sad
  • Ithildwen - Sanctuary
    Ithildwen - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    same issue here, was just around fb51, wanting to do culti, and bahm, dc! Haven't been able to log in for the last 1 hour. Second time today; happened about 5 hours earlier as well.
    The website didn't want to load either, the forums took 5 mins to load properly. b:cry
  • BIaze_ - Heavens Tear
    BIaze_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    had the same but all seems to be comeing back now with no problems
  • Pluf - Heavens Tear
    Pluf - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    same problems over here
  • Ember_s - Heavens Tear
    Ember_s - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yay, i am back!
    Was in the middle of healing my herc while a boss, i could write, no idea, if anyone got my writing, then last thing i've seen: herc dead and got a disconnected :-(
    Not even the website or forums came up anymore :-(

Well, trying to log back in and hope I will not be hated b:shocked
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i hope we get compensated for this....like an extra double drop week or smth <.<
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.