How many skill bars do you keep open?

Comments

• Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Mine is complex, but its complexity makes it simple to use

I have 2 rows, numberkeys 1-2 (2x) and the Function key row above it,

number keys are set up with 2 unique keysets
    1- solo mode, i have my cleric attacks here and IHB as my only heal. This setup i use when i need to quest.

2-FB/TT/BH suppode mode- all i have here are all my heals, res, and at the end in the least accessable places an attack or 2. I never attack when im in a party, im a healer first, for most, and only. It is my opinion i should never be cuase in midcast using an attack when a DD suddenly takes agro.

and the Function key row, i have my single target buffs Macxrod in one slot, party buffs macro'd in another, my debuffs and BB and RB.
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I cycle through all my keys with tab and the number keys which contain my weapons and pots and such with the squiggly line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have all 8 open at all times. I never shuffle through them, that annoys me. 3 on bottom right with pots etc and 5 vertical on the right sitting below my squad list for easier healing etc..... but I also have a wide screen and they aren't in the way at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't use my f1-8 keys for skills. Stuff like meditate and fly and sparks (hardly use them) are there. I have 1 bar at the bottom and 1 bar on the right side of my screen open. I scroll through the skills with my ~ key. One has human skills and one has tiger. Maybe its just cause I'm a low level or maybe cause Im a barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Gets really full if I make more apoc. Thank god I don't have sword skills O_o.
    http://img211.yfrog.com/img211/3310/20100213010046.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I never cycle through my skill bars, and I didn't do that on my level 80 cleric either. I just keep 2 rows open at the bottom (for skills) and one on the side (for pets, pots etc.). And when I have to use a skill I don't use that much I just open 2nd row on the side. I have never needed to open 3-4 rows on both, I don't have that much skills I use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    How many skill bars do you keep open?

All of them.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hehehe.

I still just switch casually through my bars.

1 open for 1-9. [I use 3]

2 open for [f1-f9]
    Belligero
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My cleric was easy, just the 2 main bars with another I pop out for when I need buff macro, BB, or other role not always needed. For AoE, just swapped to a different bar and used that one with still only two showing. To shrink it, just use one of each type of potion. It will use them all up, and automatically switch to a different level of the same type. As long as you have any health potion of useable levels, you can keep using the same hotkey.

BM uses all when running with group by necessity, have a few spare slots that are being taken over by a bow for Frost runs and other such, hate having to chase down those ghost heads with ray/farstrike.

skillbar.jpg
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Zandiya - Heavens Tear
    Zandiya - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I like to try and keep mine simple with only 2 or 3 bars open on each.
    pwhotbars.png

I also play the game using a nostromo n52 which helps a TON.b:victory

nostromo-n52.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    please guys please..
    k0gc37.jpg

what else you need?
  • Azukine - Dreamweaver
    Azukine - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010

nostromo-n52.jpg

OffT: b:shocked Omfg. HOLY ****!

what the hell does that thing do? control aircraft?

OnT: Yeah, i click all my skills, except 1-9, and the f-keys
    I cant stand it when you mix bars up when you try to toggle between them -.-''
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I myself only keep 2 open for both bars. Forces me to choose whatever's most efficient. And cycling is pretty effective too. For instance i only keep a few foxform skills on my regular setup (foxform itself, Amplify Damage, befuddling mist and Purge) If i need to use say stunning blow, i'll just [v] and have all my foxform skills available.

Clutter does make you a more unefficient player as a) IMO makes it harder to actually find a skill the second you need it b) negatively impacts situational awareness. I've seen other venos' setup and always find it weird some waste so much room keybinding pets. I only keep 3 slots for pets myself (two for my regulars, one that i use to switch between situationals).

Also i try to always keep things familiar, for instance whatever's my heaviest nuke will always be on the same key and so on. Saves time, gives you a better reaction time and after a while you don't need to even look at the bars to use a skill.
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i click it. but its a pain on a laptop with no mouse.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nostromo-n52.jpg

b:dirty

...I want this.

It's so...so...!!

ಥ_ಥ ...beautiful!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I

nostromo-n52.jpg

OMFG I want this!!!
    edited February 2010
    I myself only keep 2 open for both bars. Forces me to choose whatever's most efficient. And cycling is pretty effective too. For instance i only keep a few foxform skills on my regular setup (foxform itself, Amplify Damage, befuddling mist and Purge) If i need to use say stunning blow, i'll just [v] and have all my foxform skills available.

Clutter does make you a more unefficient player as a) IMO makes it harder to actually find a skill the second you need it b) negatively impacts situational awareness. I've seen other venos' setup and always find it weird some waste so much room keybinding pets. I only keep 3 slots for pets myself (two for my regulars, one that i use to switch between situationals).

Also i try to always keep things familiar, for instance whatever's my heaviest nuke will always be on the same key and so on. Saves time, gives you a better reaction time and after a while you don't need to even look at the bars to use a skill.

I have all bars open at all times and have no problem finding whatever skill i need at any given time. The bottom bolded text answers the top bolded text quite nicely. This works no matter how many bars you have open. If you know your character and your skills, there is no inefficiency involved.

We all play our own way. This does not make any way the 'right' way, just right for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i have two of the F1-2-3 ones n 3 of the "123456" ones

i always click on them unless im DDing on bosses lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yah lol 11w94p5.jpg
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Tamuz, question: Why do you have your squad buffs individual instead of macro'd?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you all have so much random stuff on your bars that doesnt even need to be there...

how can you all deal with such clutter?

most of my characters only need at most 2 rows on either bar... exception being my BM, which needs at least 3 rows on both bars, but could use 4 rows on one bar if really comes down to it

sidenote: hai aadi b:chuckle
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
    edited February 2010
    I don't know about Tamuz's reasons but I have both....

1. Aegis Spirit/Magic Shell does not refresh if rebuffed prior to dropping and needs individual casts at times

2. Sometimes, people have their powders running and prefer not to have them overwritten by cleric regen buff (when buffing random not squad)

I use my macros most of the time but there are those times individual casts are required.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I use all my bars, I even have **** I don't use on my skill bars.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    on my cleric
    F1-F9 Row in use 3
    1: attacks and attack macros (move the one i am using to f1, i.e mag mobs, phys mobs, tanking, dding)
    2: AOE's and pots
    3: debuffs and bb/rb

on 1-9 i have 3 open normally but use 5
    1: heals, plume shell, guardian light fly
    2: chi, spark buff macros pets mount pick up
    3: genies, misc pots and items
    4: loose buffs and cat shop icon
    5: my presets for clothes

all other charaters are buffs on f keys and attacks on number keys, most only use 1-2 rows, my veno has a third for her pets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you all have so much random stuff on your bars that doesnt even need to be there...

how can you all deal with such clutter?

most of my characters only need at most 2 rows on either bar... exception being my BM, which needs at least 3 rows on both bars, but could use 4 rows on one bar if really comes down to it

sidenote: hai aadi b:chuckle

Ohai! I love when my forum buddies come join me on my server b:victory
    I don't know about Tamuz's reasons but I have both....

1. Aegis Spirit/Magic Shell does not refresh if rebuffed prior to dropping and needs individual casts at times

2. Sometimes, people have their powders running and prefer not to have them overwritten by cleric regen buff (when buffing random not squad)

I use my macros most of the time but there are those times individual casts are required.

I actually ended up with different buff macros for that very reason. I have one full buffs, one full squad buffs, one with just three (no Celestial's Guardian Seal) for powders, and one with just the defense buffs in case I need to buff a melee character on the go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Tamuz, question: Why do you have your squad buffs individual instead of macro'd?

well for one , its fun o.o
    2. sometimes my buffs get jammed or something and doesnt cast , so i gota do it by its self .... or lets say there is a lowbie cleric , yah

People may wonder , why i have so much used ...... i only played PWI for the prettyness XD other than that i would never of played o.o
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ohai! I love when my forum buddies come join me on my server b:victory

told ya i'd come join ya b:laugh

ontopic:
    i generally keep one bar (and sub-bars) for my attack skills, and the other one for my buffs/non-combat skills
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    All of them... And I try to keep similar uses on each of my alts. My main heal button is ALWAYS F7, And my main attack is always 2. F6 is always Pickup, and F1 is always auto attack. I always have attacks on the various 1-9, with buffs/whatever deeper into the layers, my pots are always F2/F3... Yeah... No matter what class I play, I always know where my main things are. :)
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    On my cleric (my main), I keep things fairly simple. I find this important, as playing a cleric is more instinctual than, say, a wiz (my wiz keeps all 3 F bars and 2 1-9 bars open, all clicking). I use all 3 F bars (cycling (with tab), and folded) and 1 1-9 bar (folded)

Ok, here's my cleric's setup.

Bar 1:
    1. Wellspring
    2. Ironheart
    3. Chromatic Somethingorother
    4. Purify
    5. Cyclone
    6. Plumeshot
    7. Wield Thunder
    8. Tempest

This is my Attack/Heal bar, with most of my attacks and heals on here (counting purify as a heal). I spend most of my time on this one, as I spend most of my time healing and DDing. My keyboard clumps the F buttons into groups of four. Essentially, the 1-4 group is my heals and the 5-8 group is my attacks. F1 and F4 are quite easy to reach, which is good as they require the fastest reflexes. The 5-8 group is easy to use as well.

Bar 2:
    1. Wellspring
    2. Ironheart
    3. Revive
    4. Plume Shell
    5. Phys Buff
    6. Mag Buff
    7. Regen Buff
    8. M.atk Buff

This is my Defense/Buff bar. Pretty self-explanatory. Wellspring and Ironheart are skills which I can't afford to accidentally click something else, so I like to keep them consistent.

Bar 3:
    1. Wellspring
    2. Ironheart
    3. Regeneration Aura
    4. Empty (saving for a 79 skill)
    5. Phys Debuff
    6. Mag Debuff
    7. Freeze Debuff
    8. Sleep Debuff

This is my Miscellaneous/Debuff bar. 1-4 is misc, 5-8 is debuffs. I like how I don't have to shift between 1-4 and 5-8 when I'm DDing and debuffing at the same time. Also, I only have to press TAB once to switch to my attack bar, and there are many reasons to start on this bar then switch to my attack bar, which I find convenient. If I have to go back to my debuff bar, it's usually because they are either still asleep, the fight hasn't started yet, or the fight is over.

1-9 Bar
    1. Fly
    2. Meditate
    3. Pick Up Items
    4. Panther
    5. Single Spark
    6. Double Spark
    7. Empty (saving for triple spark)
    8. AOE Buff Macro
    9. Chi Building Macro (Blessing of the Purehearted + Wellspring)

This is my utility/macro bar. It's nice to have these here, as they never change and I use them on a fairly consistent basis.

Everything not on a bar is generally unurgent enough to access from the R menu (aside from maybe Razor Feathers, but I'm already too used to this)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, as of yesterday, mine looks like this:

2ec26ow.jpg

I didn't want to open the third one, but I wanted to keep all the things I had so I really had no choice. b:cry I haven't decided how I feel about it yet.
    Is that.. an Orbfish I see!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3