What is the % chance of procs like sacrificial strike?

Gri - Lost City
Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
I've been trying to decide which weapon I would like at 90 and one of the main things I need to know to make an informed decision is how often will my procs kick in?

I haven't been able to find anything on the web about sacrifical strikes percent chance to inflict double damage and I've never used the proc before so I have no numbers to base anything off of. Anyone feel like helping? :-)
Post edited by Gri - Lost City on

Comments

• darksniper00
    darksniper00 Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've heard 5%, although when using calamities I would say it's closer to 10-15%
    DarkSniper - 83 archer - quit

The only way to win the game is to leave it
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've been trying to decide which weapon I would like at 90 and one of the main things I need to know to make an informed decision is how often will my procs kick in?

I haven't been able to find anything on the web about sacrifical strikes percent chance to inflict double damage and I've never used the proc before so I have no numbers to base anything off of. Anyone feel like helping? :-)

I ran an experiment on Gloom trigger percentage a while back and concluded it was a 5% chance proc (sample size of ~2000 @ 5.5%).

I assume this to be the same for all Procs.
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok thanks guys! I was thinking it would probably be around 5-10% so that helps alot. :-)
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I ran an experiment on Gloom trigger percentage a while back and concluded it was a 5% chance proc (sample size of ~2000 @ 5.5%).

I assume this to be the same for all Procs.

Gloom's Proc is about that, however i started a huge thread comparing GX to Star (same axe basically except sac strike vs. gloom). And in that thread pretty much the entire GX/Calamity/etc community as a whole said Sac Strike (at that point called Berserk), was WAY more than Gloom proc. Now that i have GXs & Star Axes both, i can truthfully say, they were right. I'd place Sac Strike at about 20%, or 1 in 5 strikes, WAY more often then Gloom procs. Granted that just my observation, but it seems to be backed up by the observation of everyone who uses a Sac Strike weapon. So, granted without direct proof, i dont think all weapon procs are identical. And Sac Strike Procs way more then Gloom.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Gloom's Proc is about that, however i started a huge thread comparing GX to Star (same axe basically except sac strike vs. gloom). And in that thread pretty much the entire GX/Calamity/etc community as a whole said Sac Strike (at that point called Berserk), was WAY more than Gloom proc. Now that i have GXs & Star Axes both, i can truthfully say, they were right. I'd place Sac Strike at about 20%, or 1 in 5 strikes, WAY more often then Gloom procs. Granted that just my observation, but it seems to be backed up by the observation of everyone who uses a Sac Strike weapon. So, granted without direct proof, i dont think all weapon procs are identical. And Sac Strike Procs way more then Gloom.

Has anyone ran any experiments documenting their procs and sample sizes? That may help for a more conclusive answer.

I once had gloom proc on me repeatedly that the entire duration was approximately 1 minute. You may get a lot of procs or sometimes no procs, which is why it's best to note them down rather than go with personal experience. Personal bias forms when an event occurs twice or more in a row, or in small sample sizes.

Just throwing this thought out there. I'm not doubting a 20% proc percentage however, I would like to know that there is at least some form of unbiased basis for such claims. Perhaps someone who has some free time could run some tests? Maybe swing at a pillar a thousand times or so and note the number of occurences.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I could test it but... I'm lazy. Let's stick with 20%. b:avoid

Edit: 6/20, 4/20, 4/21.

There's your data >=O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I could test it but... I'm lazy. Let's stick with 20%. b:avoid

Edit: 6/20, 4/20, 4/21.

There's your data >=O

If all things were run with such small sample sizes and were able to accurately model situations, the entire foundation of statistics would not exist.

I'm not content with the sample size you chose, but if it's enough to convince others, so much the better. I would try again with a bigger sample size just for accuracy but that's just me.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If all things were tested by hitting pillar while waiting for tabber to dig token then yeah, a lot of things wouldn't exist. (Like pillars... o.o)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    dunno about other procs... but sac assault (aka zerk) tends to proc every few hits for me...

also, the proc that regens 5% of max hp, it seems to proc only on the rare random occasion, but when it does, tends to proc for the next 6-7 or so hits
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If all things were run with such small sample sizes and were able to accurately model situations, the entire foundation of statistics would not exist.

I'm not content with the sample size you chose, but if it's enough to convince others, so much the better. I would try again with a bigger sample size just for accuracy but that's just me.
    Actually his sample size is big enough to pretty conclusively eliminate 5% as being the correct probability for that weapon.

6/20, 4/20, and 4/21 totals 14/61 = 23%

Margin of error with a 95% confidence interval is +/- 5.3% (17.7%-28.3%)
    Margin of error with a 99% confidence interval is +/- 6.9% (16.1%-29.9%)

Or put another way, if the true chance for the weapon to proc were 5%, the chances of it procing 14 or more times in 61 attempts is 0.00015%.