Best way to kill a BM with cleric

DemonHowl - Heavens Tear
DemonHowl - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
I've been wondering what the best strategy to win in a duel between a BM and a cleric. My cleric is a hybrid cleric (vit). BM would be around my lvl (2 lvls higher or lower)

Thank you for the suggestions b:cute
Post edited by DemonHowl - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In a duel? Get a stun/sleep off asap and nuke him works for me. In real PvP, I couldn't honestly tell you :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In pvp use plume barrier and your elemental debuff + cyclone and wield thunder. When plume barrier is on cool down kite with sleep and paralyze. At your level wield thunder when they are at 55% hp will usually bypass their charm and kill them.
  • Hitumura - Lost City
    Hitumura - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I (personally) would completely restat into a stronger build... A pure mag build >.< to max out my damage.....

Otherwise...
    Your best bet is t open with grand cyclone, then use plume barrier. After plume barrier silent seal, wield thunder, chromatic seal, debuff, wield thunder, and rinse and repeat to your desires... any questions?
  • Yougotmurked - Lost City
    Yougotmurked - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    umm..Sleep on a bm? since when does that work? b:chuckleb:chuckle

Sorry but any BM who lets a cleric sleep him should reroll to something else and get off our class. :) esp if its 1v1/Duel
  • SilentBless - Heavens Tear
    SilentBless - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    a good BM is realli hard to kill. but trying to kill a skillful cleric is almost impossible. we can control our target in a duel and 1vs1 PvP. but ganking now that's a different story.

some good skills for cleric would be
    seal, freeze, phys debuff, mag debuff. plume shield. siren kiss,
    oh and if u want to just fool around with than and torture them forever. get the lvl 100 skill,

Seal of the God
    Range 30meters
    Mana 1000
    Channel 1 second
    Cast 1 second
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Celestial Sage/Demon
    With divine aid, this skill fully seals target for a long
    time, and simultaneously freezes it. However, the mighty power causes
    less damage. Among the Winged Elves society there have been countless
    discussions about this skill and none have
    denied its usefulness.
    Seals and freezes target, making it receive 90% less damage. Lasts
    15 seconds. Effective only on hostile targets.

Requires one Spark

side note, even if it the target receives 90% less damage, we can play with them forever and forever until one side gets tired...
    havnt got at skill yet. but i think it works even if the BM is using will of the bodhisatva. but im sure it works. cus it onli give immunity to stun and freeze
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    pray they didnt level alter maq, get will of bolshivia, dont have TE or balance, or learn to stunlock

aside from that pray for a crit kite lie crazy till 51% hp and then sleep>debuff>spark(highest you have)>exe poison>frenzy>WT

with low refines that should bypass charm
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    plume shell -> IH stack -> kite until will of bodisitava is used. They'll use it if you cyclone and run. The minute it's over, get em to 5x%, sleep, debuff, tempest/wield thunder.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    pretty much what devoted said. Do not, for any reason, allow them to get close while in the air to True Emptiness you..
  • Yougotmurked - Lost City
    Yougotmurked - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    umm... huh? are u guys still talking about sleep LOL wtf?? gtfo here with that bs skill that doesnt work for a god damn thing.

Two words, Genie Skills.
    Save TE, Surge ur self whenever u hear the cleric begin to cast sleep. He cna freeze u but if ur doing thsi right u should be within range of a TE-dead cleric-

If hes smart and trys to kite, use will let him kite it off u as u get in range listen for his sleep an surge ur self again BAM resisted. he'll freeze you and then u just TE him -dead cleric-

He comes back smart enough to realize ur going to be a pain to sleep thus he plumes an goes on the offensive well guess what, pop mire on him stun lock an go wild on his **** till u Zerk something nice. as soon as he trys to slepe u Surge ur self. save up chi for dragons and combine the two for a low energy TE amped with Dragons. -dead cleric- P.S use Will when needed and always double marrow for extra chi if hes stunned.

Welp thats that..clerics sure dont have alot of options do they? LOL Oh and if u happen to get demon sparked do what they do. drop down an kite an listen to them QQ how u run yet if u spark near them they run for there lifes and say something around the lines of "Lawl u sparked duh" :)
  • Telnryan - Heavens Tear
    Telnryan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    umm... huh? are u guys still talking about sleep LOL wtf?? gtfo here with that bs skill that doesnt work for a god damn thing.

Two words, Genie Skills.
    Save TE, Surge ur self whenever u hear the cleric begin to cast sleep. He cna freeze u but if ur doing thsi right u should be within range of a TE-dead cleric-

If hes smart and trys to kite, use will let him kite it off u as u get in range listen for his sleep an surge ur self again BAM resisted. he'll freeze you and then u just TE him -dead cleric-

He comes back smart enough to realize ur going to be a pain to sleep thus he plumes an goes on the offensive well guess what, pop mire on him stun lock an go wild on his **** till u Zerk something nice. as soon as he trys to slepe u Surge ur self. save up chi for dragons and combine the two for a low energy TE amped with Dragons. -dead cleric- P.S use Will when needed and always double marrow for extra chi if hes stunned.

Welp thats that..clerics sure dont have alot of options do they? LOL Oh and if u happen to get demon sparked do what they do. drop down an kite an listen to them QQ how u run yet if u spark near them they run for there lifes and say something around the lines of "Lawl u sparked duh" :)

Wow this method may sound like you know what your talking about but it would only work on a fail cleric. Clerics are able to have full control of there target, and clerics have many many defensive skills to keep them alive the only drawback is cooldowns. So a cleric only needs to kite you once if you let him stun you, and the cleric knows what hes doin, your dead before you can move. Chromatic seal, range, spark, mag debuff, silent seal cyclone weildthunder cyclone= dead bm in most cases. (assuming cleric is pure magic and his/her attack is strong)
  • SilentBless - Heavens Tear
    SilentBless - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    to: Yougotmurked
    lol. you sure dont know what your talking about.. a pro cleric can take total control of the duel/ Pvp situation again a BM..( no fail clerics)
    if u think clerics are so easy to kill lol. ur totally wrong.
    we might not do spike damage but we are annoying as hell lol. ( we = clerics)
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Two words, Genie Skills.

Cool story bro. Too bad the wrong thread. The topic is how to kill BM with Cleric not how to kill Cleric with BM. Mire while Plume Shield is on? The channel time for sleep is 1 second, not counting -channel gears. Unless it's some prearranged "ok sleep me riiiiiight NOW!", you are going to get slept by an experienced cleric. Being in the middle of an attack, mouse away from the button all delay your reaction time.

To OP, if the BM doesn't have the proper genie skills i.e. Balance and/or Heart of Steel, a good way is to sleep the BM at just above 50% hp, elemental debuff, spark, Extreme Poison, Wield Thunder. A 71 cleric keep killing me like that back in my lower 80s before I used genies. If he saw me start with Will, he'll kite till it's off. If not then he'll do a couple of quick hits with Cyclone to get my HP down then sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    umm..Sleep on a bm? since when does that work? b:chuckleb:chuckle

Sorry but any BM who lets a cleric sleep him should reroll to something else and get off our class. :) esp if its 1v1/Duel

lol... we have will which lasts 15 seconds, then we can either balance or anti-stun pot. Any decent cleric will just sleep you when you don't have an anti-sleep skill on. You must be fighting some really really **** clerics then.
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lol... we have will which lasts 15 seconds, then we can either balance or anti-stun pot. Any decent cleric will just sleep you when you don't have an anti-sleep skill on. You must be fighting some really really **** clerics then.

this^^
    most of people who pvp carry antistun pots.
    i always have atleast 5+ in my inv b:cute
    if he caught u not prepared,get some genie skill for removing stun,drop down (pvp usually in air,atleast for me)
    and pop a pot,then fun starts b:chuckle
  • Niteshadow - Dreamweaver
    Niteshadow - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    u know what they should do, they should have an open server where u can take ur best character against others on different servers. that should settle the matter.
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you're lucky enough to have full chi with three sparks..

chromatic seal, magic debuff, demon spark, cloud eruption (genie skill), extreme poison (genie), tempest (with the demon spark *o*).. then if they're not dead, their charm is definitely ticking, so silent seal, wield thunder (demon spark should still be going), cyclone, plop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dont think a BM would just let you demon spark and hit you with6 skills in a row...
    When a cleric (or any other magic class/archer) triple sparks I either kite or try to stunlock.
    On clerics, try to land a roar, when that succeeds, which eventually will, double/triple spark, extreme poison (ground) use 1-2 low dmg skills and farstrike --> cleric dead. In the air same thing, use 2 low dmg skills first and then TE and farstrike --> cleric dead.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I (personally) would completely restat into a stronger build... A pure mag build >.< to max out my damage.....

Otherwise...
    Your best bet is t open with grand cyclone, then use plume barrier. After plume barrier silent seal, wield thunder, chromatic seal, debuff, wield thunder, and rinse and repeat to your desires... any questions?
    I'm sorry, there's only two reasons any magic class would go pure magic.

1. You like to die
    2. You have uber gear.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    unoxx wrote: »
    I dont think a BM would just let you demon spark and hit you with6 skills in a row...

Chromatic Seal sleeps you -_-.
    When a cleric (or any other magic class/archer) triple sparks I either kite or try to stunlock.
    On clerics, try to land a roar, when that succeeds, which eventually will, double/triple spark, extreme poison (ground) use 1-2 low dmg skills and farstrike --> cleric dead. In the air same thing, use 2 low dmg skills first and then TE and farstrike --> cleric dead.

Why are you also posting the opposite of what the OP's asking?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BIaze_ - Heavens Tear
    BIaze_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Chromatic Seal sleeps you -_-.

until you get hit once, then its your turn to play
    edited February 2010
    until you get hit once, then its your turn to play

And this 6-skills combo doesn't hit you till the very end.
    chromatic seal, magic debuff, demon spark, cloud eruption (genie skill), extreme poison (genie), tempest (with the demon spark *o*)

So this comment below

Means that he had no idea what he was talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If the BM doesn't have that skill which makes you immune to movement debuffs up the cleric could just paralyze him for ~17 seconds or so after the tempest.
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I personally find these skills to do the trick.

Silence seal, Explosion (genie skill-at lv10 with minimum vit on your genie it does 4.6k base damage), Elemental Seal, Extreme Poison (genie skill-take 20% more damage for X seconds), Wield Thunder, Great Cyclone.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    shouldn't really ever die to a bm even with TE...

never attack unless plume barrier is up, always kite until you can cast it. it lasts 20 seconds and then you have to kite for 10 seconds. a good bm can stun you for 20 seconds but they will usually have almost no chi left and absolute domain/anti stun.. anything you can get away for another 10 seconds very easily. as for actually killing the bm, that's somewhat hard. clerics only have 2 real magic attacks and they aren't continuous, if the bm has a high level magic marrow plume arrow works great too, if they don't have marrow up or it's low level it's usually better to kite when cyclone and wield thunder are on cd. also bm has so many stuns it isn't easy to chain enough attacks to kill him. there are plenty of ways to get around this but here were my main 2 ways:

- sleep the bm when they have 50-60% hp, magic debuff, other debuffs, spark, wield thunder/spark pot + tempest.
    - spark, anti-stun and tank damage

playing my cleric fighting a bm was by far the most fun as the battles usually lasted quite sometime due to the two classes being so balanced between each other.