PWI tore-up

Options
stooix
stooix Posts: 44 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Support Desk
Did every possible systems check and update/re-install. Game crashes almost instantly, no sound, verify takes FOREVER.

Normal ping on dreamweaver is usually around 90. It's at 40 now. Half the players are suffering imo.

Standard/optimal resolution was set at 800x600 at default now it's at 1024x768.

These things are making the game unplayable at the ideal wrong time (facebook bonus). Are we going to see an addition week of 2x bonus since half of us aren't able to play the game?
Post edited by stooix on

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    stooix wrote: »
    Did every possible systems check and update/re-install. Game crashes almost instantly, no sound, verify takes FOREVER.

Normal ping on dreamweaver is usually around 90. It's at 40 now. Half the players are suffering imo.

Standard/optimal resolution was set at 800x600 at default now it's at 1024x768.

These things are making the game unplayable at the ideal wrong time (facebook bonus). Are we going to see an addition week of 2x bonus since half of us aren't able to play the game?

One of the problems the game seems to be having is an issue related to sound and sound cards. Double check to make sure your sound drivers are up to date, and that you have the proper codecs installed as well. A codec pack like the K-Lite codec pack might be helpful. Check to make sure that your sound card is operating properly. If those things don't correct the issue, then do a DX diagnostics and submit it to the GM's in a support ticket.

click start menu > run > type in DxDiag and hit enter.

a screen will come up much like the one below.

Image1-3.jpg

Click the tab at the bottom that says 'Save All Information' this will create a text file called DxDiag.txt that you can send in the report you submit to tech support. This will help them troubleshoot your problem more directly.

~S

p.s. Ping times of 40ms -vs- 90ms are actually fast ping times. Your showing a faster response to and from the servers at 40ms.
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A 40 ping is fast. I would expect a faster server when half the players can't play.

Sup with a refund on the week of 2x exp/spirit/drops were half of us are waiting for PWI to fix the stuff they broke?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Considering the millions of possible combination's of hardware, software, drivers and operating systems that a game developer has to contend with when coding the game, you should really be amazed that any system other than the one they built it on can run a game. I made some suggestions, you never bothered to say if it helped or not, instead you just whined, so I'm done trying to help you.

Have a nice day. Cupcake.

~S

*edit* Yes a 40ms ping is fast. What you forget is that just because YOU have a fast ping, others may not, and the ping time has nothing to do with the servers themselves at all, it has to do with the time it takes a signal from your computer, to reach the servers, and get back to your computer.

There is a LOT of routing that effects that ping time. If the lines your signal went through had to go around a dropped node, or any number of other possible 'internet issues' your ping time could end up in the hundreds of milliseconds or greater. By and by cupcake, those pings are in MILLISECONDS that is thousandths of a second. Most times you wouldn't even know the difference between 40ms and 90ms. In fact, your eye can't even register 90/1000 of a second.
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Doesn't seem like you are trying to help AT ALL. Getting an attitude and not bringing anything to the table is no help AT ALL.

High traffic to a server does and will effect ping times.

Did everything you guys said to do.

No response to 2x bonus refund.

Alot of people still complaining.

Game still not working.
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I expect the average ping of 90. When I get 40 it is my opinion less players are playing.

When I say i've done everything you can trust I have.

Just making sure you understand what I'm saying because it appears you don't.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:surrender Wait, what is ping?

Sorry I'm not all techy and stuff but I've always wondered what a ping is >.< I see it on the server lists but I have no idea what it is D: Someone explain for me please? b:beg
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Your ping is how long, in milliseconds, it takes for data to be transfered from your computer to the server and back.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    dtz wrote: »
    Your ping is how long, in milliseconds, it takes for data to be transfered from your computer to the server and back.

So wait, the smaller the number the ______ it is? and the bigger the number the ___ it is? b:surrenderb:question
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A low ping is fast, a high ping is slow.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    dtz wrote: »
    A low ping is fast, a high ping is slow.

Ooooh thanks! :D one more question if you don't mind.... >.< (sorry i know i'm awful with computers, i broke 2-3 of the school computers rofl) Is a fast ping good? or bad? And is a slow ping bad? or good? b:question

p.s. Sorry that was more than one more question rofl xD
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ooooh thanks! :D one more question if you don't mind.... >.< (sorry i know i'm awful with computers, i broke 2-3 of the school computers rofl) Is a fast ping good? or bad? And is a slow ping bad? or good? b:question

p.s. Sorry that was more than one more question rofl xD

lower ping = better always
    ....unless you be me and can enhance noob power through teh use of lag.
    b:avoid

but yesh lower ping means that teh information from your computer takes less time to reach the server and vise versa.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lower ping = better always
    ....unless you be me and can enhance noob power through teh use of lag.
    b:avoid

but yesh lower ping means that teh information from your computer takes less time to reach the server and vise versa.

Wow thanks hamsta! b:cuteb:thanks Now i feel a bit smarter with more pwi talk rofl b:chuckle
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I expect the average ping of 90. When I get 40 it is my opinion less players are playing.

When I say i've done everything you can trust I have.

Just making sure you understand what I'm saying because it appears you don't.

It is your ASSUMPTION that fewer people are playing, from what I am seeing on the servers, that isn't so. MY ping times are consistent and have NOT been lowered so... this blanket statement that in your opinion it means fewer players, is just you showing what an idiot you are.

There won't be a refund for people who missed the 2x xp event, get over it. If you can't play, oh well. Deal with it and move on. I had been trying to help you. I stopped trying to help you due to your whine, if you don't like my 'attitude' that is just to damn bad. Your opinion has been registered and discarded as irrelevant to me.

~S
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yep...you would fail in a customer support job FOR SURE.

Thanks for getting an attitude and not helping then say you did then quit not helping...I mean helping.
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Anyone else want to actually give me something usefull I can use to get my game working?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yep...you would fail in a customer support job FOR SURE.

Thanks for getting an attitude and not helping then say you did then quit not helping...I mean helping.

I do very well with my customers actually. I just have a low tolerance for the type of customer that expects someone to do everything for them w/o putting out the least bit of effort to help themselves.

For example, at the top of this forum is a guide for providing decent information to people so they can help you troubleshoot. Did you bother providing this information? Nope you sure didn't you just went right into whine and complain mode.

How old is your computer? What software have you recently updated? What operating system do you run? Is it up to date? You provide us with nothing to help you with, then complain when we don't help you. You don't like that I told you to take a leap? Oh well, deal with it.

You know what I do to customers in my store that do that? I show them the door. I still have more customers willing to pay me huge prices for cheap ****.

So... rather than whine, why don't you get off your lazy **** and provide us with information so we can try to help you. Or would you just rather whine and complain about how bad and mean we are for not miraculously solving all your hardware and software problems so you can pay some GAME on the internet?

~Saitada
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Key words are "helpful" and or "useful". Remember these words.

My computer is 100% up-to-date hence my first post. I've tried 100% of everything in tech support + everything else everyone has said....hence my first post. My computer meets 100% of the requirements to play.

If you got any ideas what I can do, please post away. If you are going to have attitude or just plain be a jerk...refrain from reply. THANKS.

IMO I believe PWI has altered something that has made the game unplayable for some during a bonus time and that just sucks. I am passed trying to get my 2 weeks of 2x. I just want the game to work. Any ideas when PWI going to fix what they broke?
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Just so there is no mistake. Game works fine, patch, game not working fine. Tell me what you changed and I will make my computer run it. THANKS.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Basically the only thing I have noticed that has changed is that for some reason, a tie in has been made to sound. If there is a problem with your audio, the game crashes. After the patch, I was unable to use skills because they tied them into sound, if the sound was disabled, then the game simply Crashed To Desktop.

At the time I was running on board sound. My sound card was fried. I disabled it. When I re-enabled the sound card, my crashing issue ended. Others experienced much the same problems and when they fixed their driver/sound card/codec issues, their problems also went away.

I've noticed that those who are running on-board sound, rather than say a PCI sound card, are more likely to be having issues than not. I suspect it has something to do with the drivers conflicting but as I haven't got the dxdiag's of everyone who has had those issues, I can't come up with a coherent view of what the problem is or how it is related to sound crashing the program.

If you are running on board sound, double check to make sure it is enabled. that your drivers are up to date, and that you have the most current version of DirectX for your operating system. If you are running a mac... Buy a real Computer.

~S

*edit* Also, once again you have not provided any information on your system. You just say 'it is up to date' blah blah. Seriously, we can't help you if we don't know what you have. One further quick question for you. IF you are running windows, have you installed any of the 'optional' updates that are frequently provided at the windows update page? If not, try doing that and see if that helps.
    Key words are "helpful" and or "useful". Remember these words.

Someone trying to help you is being helpful, if they are not providing you with the information you need, that still doesn't mean they are not trying to assist you. If on the other hand, you simply refuse to provide them information they need to help you, then you are not providing them useful information.You are simply obstructing the process of troubleshooting your issue.

When you provide information we need, then maybe, just maybe, we can find a fix for you, but your steadfast refusal to do anything but complain and say "I'm up to date" doesn't do that. YOU are not providing us with ANY Useful information, so of course our efforts to be helpful are hampered by that lack of knowledge. Before you decide to start debating words with me, I suggest you try being HELPFUL and providing us with some USEFUL information on your system.
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah did all that. Codecs files have been verified too. Everything works just not for this game. Guess I'll wait till the next patch and see.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I give up.

Obviously you would rather spend time complaining, than actually doing anything to help yourself such as providing us with some basic information that might help us troubleshoot for you.

I myself have asked you specifically twice for details on your system, and pointed you once to a thread that would have done the same, that's three times you have been asked for system information such as Operating System, on-board or plug in sound, etc. Have you provided any of that information? Nope, all you did was whine and say everything on your system is fine (obviously it isn't or you would be playing the game).

So i'm done with you.

I hope you eventually resolve your issue, but you sure as hell won't do it by refusing to provide system information that might help people figure out what is wrong with your computer, and point you in a direction to solve the issue.

Have a nice non game playing day. I won't be back in this thread, and I doubt anyone else will be either.

~Saitada
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    let me second what Saitada has said. if you're not willing to meet us half-way, you will get no help, we are not mind-readers.

a 1976 pc can be "up to date" but that doesn't tell you anything about what's on it. now, want to help US help YOU?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What a bunch of dorks. What part of "100% up-to-date", "100% meet the system requirements", and "Did all that" don't you understand?

Anyone that has "anything new to add" or "isn't a jerk"...please step forward.

Why is it when either an isp or software provider screws something up they always blame the user first and get an attitide? When the next patch comes out and the games start working again are you going to claim it was my system and I wasn't doing everything I could to get something working that was impossible to do so until the software was corrected? (<---wow that's a long sentence)
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What a bunch of dorks. What part of "100% up-to-date", "100% meet the system requirements", and "Did all that" don't you understand?

Anyone that has "anything new to add" or "isn't a jerk"...please step forward.

Why is it when either an isp or software provider screws something up they always blame the user first and get an attitide? When the next patch comes out and the games start working again are you going to claim it was my system and I wasn't doing everything I could to get something working that was impossible to do so until the software was corrected? (<---wow that's a long sentence)

You sir are a total and complete moron and idiot. By refusing to provide even the slightest information on your system other than it is up to date blah blah, you do nothing more than hamper ANY attempts to help you.

Pull your damned head out of your **** for 30 seconds and do something other than complain. Provide some system information. Guess what dumbass, w/o that not even god can help you fix your problem.

Get a clue and stop being the spoiled ignorant idiot you are being or STFU and turn your computer off 'mr. dumbass up to date'.

Jesus jumping Christ on a fricking pogo stick what a moron you are.

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You know, I should have just followed through with what I said a couple posts up. That I was done helping you. I am going to try to explain this to you in words a 4 year old can understand.

Windows XP uses different drivers than Vista, and Vista uses different drivers than 7.

One motherboard uses different drivers than another.

One sound card uses different drivers than another

One video card uses different drivers than another.

You refusal to give us even what fricking Operating System you are running (and what varient of said OS) basically tells everyone here that you don't want to be HELPFUL all you want to do is complain and blame everything on PWI for you not being able to play a game.

Seriously, get a clue dude. Without this information we can't help you. We can't suggest any possible fixes that might help you because you won't even tell us basic needed information.

My system is up to date tells us exactly fricking NOTHING.

So take your 'up to date system' and grow a clue, if you refuse to grow a clue, then shove that 'up to date system' up your ****. It will do about as much good as the information you have been providing us.

~Saitada
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That was very helpful...THANKS.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That was very helpful...THANKS.

And your refusal to help us by giving us basic system information is not very helpful, THANKS.

I really don't understand you. You cry and whine 'I want help I want help' but refuse to do anything that might help us help you, and then have the gall to tell us we are not being helpful.

*shakes head*

Are you really this stupid that you think we can miraculously discern your system specs by 'it's 100% up to date'? Guess what cupcake, there are thousands of 100% up to date systems out there and each one is DIFFERENT.

Never mind, you are obviously not smart enough to understand what I have been trying to say. Tell mommy your an idiot and she should beat you. Get off the computer, and go outside.

~S
  • stooix
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Also very helpful. Oh yeah...what stuff you want to know about?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Also very helpful. Oh yeah...what stuff you want to know about?
    how about you read the last 2 pages? Sai has said several times.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Please submit a ticket after reading this.

Closing this as the flaming in here went far enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.