this guide is a piece of ****

here is a better guide

get some crappy casual/part time job

work for 5 hours per week

charge zen equivalent to your IRL earnings from recently acquired job

sell gold on AH

30-35 mil per week!

remember playing the game is a complete waste of time

above statement remains a fact unless someone can think of a way to make 30-35 mil per week by playing the game

that is incorrect. if somebody works 5 hours a week, assuming they make minimum wage they would be making $35 a week. and the way gold prices are now, $35= 14mil
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    gold prices vary, when i originally started writing this guide for my faction gold was 80k coin each so 40$ US wouldnt have even been 4mil coin. even now gold prices vary and ive seen it drop back down to 300k from time to time so 40$ US would be 12mil approxamately, if you think this guide is **** cause im telling people how to make coin without spending money or that playing a game is a waste of time i dont care. it just means this guide doesnt apply to you and id wish you wouldnt post a comment bout it. this guide is for the person who wants to spend the time in game to make money. not the person who wants to find the fast and easy way out.
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Aegidius - Dreamweaver
    Aegidius - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I've found that the level 49 Tauroc Leaders, level 48 Tauroc Valorians, and level 49 Taurox Sharpshooters are good for grinding for money. They drop mystical eyes fairly often and give quite a lot of coin.

I used the Tiger Striped Araneids to grind for coins and Purified Oil, and they were great. Great guide!
  • zonden
    zonden Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    for archers, the easiest way to save pots is to lvl take aim, winged shell and knockback to 10. (take aim, ns, knockback, shell, ns till dead) i take 80-200 dmg per kill, (wich means my shield does not break, and regenerates most of the mana i just used)

for the "but shell takes chi argument" that i know is coming, i can asure you you get back more than enough chi from killing to make up for casting shield. (you get 25 chi from take aim and knockback, so 4 normal shots should do it. if you somehow dont have enough chi, cast a non charged take aim for 15)
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lymphocyte wrote: »

that is incorrect. if somebody works 5 hours a week, assuming they make minimum wage they would be making $35 a week. and the way gold prices are now, $35= 14mil

ok fair enough

my guide still wins though

OPs guide is obsolete since anni packs were released

using OPs guide u wont make even close to 14 mil / week if u play for 5 hours in total lol

so yeh basically my guide rocks and i am the best
  • zonden
    zonden Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i disagree.

go win a darwin award.

the thread name is GRINDING for money, ergo, your guide is about as fail as you are.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    zonden wrote: »
    i disagree.

go win a darwin award.

the thread name is GRINDING for money, ergo, your guide is about as fail as you are.

lol you are just butthurt that my guide rocks

you are further butthurt because after reading my guide you have come to realise that grinding in game is pointless and you have been wasting your time

go grind IRL as a cashier at some supermarket

it is more effecient and equally boring

this guide is completely obsolete

grinding doesnt even exist from 20-60 anymore
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol you are just butthurt that my guide rocks

you are further butthurt because after reading my guide you have come to realise that grinding in game is pointless and you have been wasting your time

this guide is completely obsolete

grinding doesnt even exist from 20-60 anymore
    I want to let you know, that there are other players at this forum.

They have their own opinions.

Please, not spam at threads of this forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I want to let you know, that there are other players at this forum.

They have their own opinions.

Please, not spam at threads of this forum.

oh the hypocrisy b:chuckle

am i not entitled to state my opinion?
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    oh the hypocrisy b:chuckle

am i not entitled to state my opinion?

Seriously, you have made 2 threads today with useless trolling, and failed, and now you start trolling other peoples threads?

Wake up, you're a wannabee troll,and its obviously not working, go do your homework now or something, stop wasting peoples time here.
    b:bye

loserwp.jpg
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • UesugiBlade - Lost City
    UesugiBlade - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this guide is a piece of ****

here is a better guide

get some crappy casual/part time job

work for 5 hours per week

charge zen equivalent to your IRL earnings from recently acquired job

sell gold on AH

30-35 mil per week!

remember playing the game is a complete waste of time

above statement remains a fact unless someone can think of a way to make 30-35 mil per week by playing the game

this is some funny ****..b:chuckleb:chuckle

she actually has a point...
    but hey i'd rather be bored on the game(which i don't find boring) than on a part-time job.
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    actually her point got tackled already, multiple times, and if she knew that well how to get rich ingame, she wouldntve made a thread for people to donate her nirvana gear
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nice guide! Though I have noticed that I don't get much drops at all from foxwing supreme, so many players says they are supposed to drop good stuff but I never get anything, can kill 40+ and get 2 or 3 drops >_< am I doing something wrong? O.o
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sometimes you get runs of bad luck ive gone a few times where i barely make anything 1 day, then the next day i make hundereds of thousands in a few hours it all depends, having a 10% drop rate for example doesnt mean u get a drop every 10 kills, its just an average over thousands of kills. im taking some posts into consideration for my next update which will be in a few days.
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    and thanks to all of you who have given me positive support and helped me add more to my guide, and for those of you who hate on my guide i could care less. take your silly talk to the dead threads cause no1 wants to see them unless you have valid criticism that cane make things better.

thankyou

coming soon...
    reorganization of mob lists and locations
    addition of cost cutting techniques for various classes
    addition of some general tips
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • lynnt
    lynnt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Great guide you have here. It has helped me greatly. I didn't believe the speed in which you can level, I've had to use the genie trick too. Thanks for this great guide.
  • Deviling - Harshlands
    Deviling - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    @Maiira My genie is level 20. I did not understand the genie trick. How come you can level all your genies to level 57 while i am reaching 40 and my first genie is still 20 ?
  • Rheic - Dreamweaver
    Rheic - Dreamweaver Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    @Maiira My genie is level 20. I did not understand the genie trick. How come you can level all your genies to level 57 while i am reaching 40 and my first genie is still 20 ?

You're supposed to dump ALL of your exp to it. It will seize your leveling altogether until it's at your level.
    Who needs a sig anyways?
  • Deviling - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How do i do that ?!!!

EDIT :

I think i just got it. Infuse EXP ? I just gave all my 75% to it :P. Its 25 now.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lymphocyte wrote: »
    Perhaps a more useful metric is comparing earning rates in-game vs. in RL:

Federal minimum wage is $7.25/hr.
    Assuming you pay 20% in taxes, that's a net $5.80/hr.
    Gold seems to be about 400k.
    So that's equivalent to 2.32 million coin/hr.

Unless you have a way to make 2.3 million coin per hour or more in the game, you are better off getting the part-time job (admittedly can be difficult in this economy) and spending the $$$ you earn on the game. This also has several other advantages:

• You'll be receiving value (money) for your time, instead of just receiving nothing or paying someone else (PWE) for their time. This will increase your sense of self-worth.
    • Your employer gets useful work done in exchange for the wages they pay you. You'll be contributing to the global economic recovery. Killing mobs in the game helps nobody.
    • The Social Security and Medicare taxes you pay will come back to you when you retire.
    • PWE gets money, which pays for the servers and their staff, and helps keep the game up and running.
    • You'll meet other people in a RL setting; maybe a cute girl, get married. Not a stacked veno who is played by a guy.
    • Perhaps most importantly, you'll see just how much RL money you're losing by spending so much time playing a game, and you decide maybe you shouldn't play games so much.

b:laugh
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wow really? if you all think so highly of making money in game by spending your real life earnings on it then make your own guide, this guide is about grinding for those of us who cant afford to spend real money on the game... gold is only 400-450k during events at other times it drops to 300k so at 370k average at minimum wage you would be getting 1.74mil per hour it all depends you want to spend your entire paycheck on this game? you have bills? it is not feasable for some people to spend money on a game. hence "free to play". games are entertainment... why spend however many hours watching the superbowl while you can be at work? why spend all that time doing art when you can be at work? etc. etc. etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nice guide Maiira. Other than spelling and the shorthand 'u' as opposed to 'you' (which I found a bit annoying to read honestly) I found it quite nice. =)

One suggestion though - is it possible to for you to add in grindable mobs specific for certain classes? Classes that wear arcane armour will favour magic mobs, classes like barbs and BM will prefer killing physical mobs. Heavy armour I've heard doesn't protect well against magic, as arcane does against physical attacks. Clerics love poison mobs for example, like ghouls, vipions, orchids, celestial hexocs, petaliis... Any idea on their drop rates?
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • HairyFocker - Lost City
    HairyFocker - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    great guide! four thumbs up! b:victory
    lvling your toon to 7x(and probably not your only toon), and saying its boring?
    well that's just krap or trolling.. b:victory.b:shutup
    "male sins all look like **** bags. they need to take out that hunched-over-emoing-at-ground-fidgeting-like-you-have-a-potato-up-your-**** pose."
    - Varscona
    priceless! and quite true b:chuckleb:chuckle
    edited February 2010
    Options
    games are entertainment... why spend however many hours watching the superbowl while you can be at work? why spend all that time doing art when you can be at work? etc. etc. etc.
    There's no problem with spending/wasting time on entertainment. The thing is, most people don't consider grinding to be entertainment - they find it boring. They only do it because they haven't figured out a better way to acquire in-game coin; coin which they need to do other stuff in the game which they do consider fun and entertaining.

For those people, grinding is essentially work. And if you're going to be working anyway, the return for time invested in a RL job beats in-game grinding by quite a bit.

Its like if you hated football and found it tedious and boring. You need to make $100 to pay your bills. Someone offers you $1/hr to watch football games. Do you spend 100 hours watching boring football games? Or do you get a job and make the money to pay the bills in 17 hours, and spend the remaining 83 hours doing other stuff you enjoy instead of watching boring football?

Now, if you love football, then yeah getting paid $1/hr to watch football would be great. But very few people I know actually enjoy grinding.

Anyway, I have nothing against your original post. I think it's a great resource for the people who enjoy grinding. I'm just pointing out that if you find grinding to be tedious but you do it anyway because you need coin, then getting a RL job can get you a lot more coin with a lot less effort.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There's no problem with spending/wasting time on entertainment. The thing is, most people don't consider grinding to be entertainment - they find it boring. They only do it because they haven't figured out a better way to acquire in-game coin; coin which they need to do other stuff in the game which they do consider fun and entertaining.
    In this game following types of quests:
    1. Kill mobs
    2. Bring item

When you play in this game you do these quests.

Grinding is first type of quest.

When you buy items using real money you try to do it through second type of quest.

Do you like it ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes I'm aware that CRPG quests break down into kill quests and Fedex quests. But I would disagree that grinding falls into the kill quest category, unless you're specifically doing it for a kill quest.

Quests are often chained and lead to bigger and better quests/rewards. To get there, sometimes you do have to grind - just to be sure you won't miss out on something good later. That's different from just grinding for coin, which you choose to do or not to do.

And I also disagree that if you don't do kill quests, that the only thing left in the game is Fedex delivery quests. Have you heard of the Bartle Quotient? It's based on a paper he wrote which breaks down MMO players into four types - achievers, explorers, socializers, and killers. Unless you're purely an achiever-type, there are lots of other fun things you can spend your time doing in the game.

I'm an explorer/socializer type, so I have a lot of fun monitoring and experimenting with the market (AH and catshops). I also enjoy helping people with bosses on their quest list, TT mats they need, and BH bosses if there's nothing else to do (I avoid doing these for myself, unless I can do it with friends - kill quests also go faster that way). And if I can find people up to it, I enjoy experimenting with different tactics against mobs and dungeons. Other people enjoy PvP and TW, or just chatting with each other, or playing with and showing off new fashion.

So unless you're an achiever-type, there's lots of other fun stuff to spend your time doing in the game. OTOH, if you're a strong achiever-type, you probably view grinding for coin to be another yardstick with which to measure who is better at this game; and getting coin with RL money seems like cheating to you.
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i don't view it as cheating its just a different way and not the purpose of this guide. this guide was written as a way to make money in game without real money or as a supplement to those who can only spend a little. but for those people who chose to go the route of spending real money and tell me grinding is a waste of time and that real money is the only way to truely make money in the game, im merely pointing out that 1. they are wrong, 2. not everyone can spend real money (these are the people i wrote this guide for) so if you are going to turn this into another thread about spending money being the only way to make money take it somewhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i looked at the bartle test and took the quiz... what does it mean if for every question both answers fit to me. and none of the 4 categories fit cause i do all 4?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Deviling - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How much would a lvl 40 Genie EXP cube be worth ?
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i looked at the bartle test and took the quiz... what does it mean if for every question both answers fit to me. and none of the 4 categories fit cause i do all 4?
    You need to make a choice. The test is about figuring out which you like more. Like if I asked, "which do you like better, chocolate or pizza?" Undoubtedly most people like both. But the real point of the question is to find out which one you like more. If you score equally on all aspects, your result will be 50% Explorer, 50% Killer, 50% Socializer, 50% Achiever.

I'd like to reiterate that I have no problem with your guide and in fact think it's a valuable contribution. I especially liked the suggested selling prices you gave for various dropped items since it closely mirrors how I got started selling things in the game. (Eventually I decided grinding to get those mats took too much time, and resorted to simply buying them from other players who were going to NPC them anyway, moving them to high-demand locations, and selling them.)

I have no disagreement with you. I merely refined the suggestion someone else made that it took less time to earn RL money. And since then then I've been responding to an apparently hostile attitude towards the mere suggestion of spending RL money on the game. There is nothing wrong with playing this game without spending RL money. There is nothing wrong with playing this game by spending RL money.