Lil' whining

2»

Comments

• darksniper00
    darksniper00 Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I tank instances easily and never have problems holding aggro from tideborns.
    DarkSniper - 83 archer - quit

The only way to win the game is to leave it
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They did not modify the damage, just the hate level. Wizards my level hit harder than me, come on. With the class being rushed like so many people said, is it that hard to believe that the hate level was glitched ?

edit : And believe me, I noticed the difference between the before and after patch. Simple as that : I could tank the whole BH59, but I wouldn't be able to keep aggro. I need White Voodoo to tank, before the patch I could do it and keep aggro just fine. After the patch, I was and still is unable to keep aggro off Wizards and Archers while tanking
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They did not modify the damage, just the hate level.
    Isn't that exactly what I said?
    Wizards my level hit harder than me, come on.
    No, they don't. I grinded both a psy and a wiz, and wizards have it much harder than psy's ever could with the dmg they do and how quickly they get complimentary skills to avoid taking hits. I did both a pure mag psy and wiz of the same variety and the psy hits substantially harder with every skill.
    With the class being rushed like so many people said, is it that hard to believe that the hate level was glitched ?
    Is it hard to believe that hate level for psy's is mostly related to damage? I've already made the assertion that there is more balancing that will be done and needs to be. I also made the assertion that this is expected with a race that just came out much akin to a new OS. What you're saying isn't anything new, but doesn't at all address the damage and balance it throws off in a squad.
    edit : And believe me, I noticed the difference between the before and after patch. Simple as that : I could tank the whole BH59, but I wouldn't be able to keep aggro. I need White Voodoo to tank, before the patch I could do it and keep aggro just fine. After the patch, I was and still is unable to keep aggro off Wizards and Archers while tanking
    I noticed nothing. Still no issues with archers and wizards, still the same ones with tideborns. Again, this isn't a difficult issue, and it's very obvious.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You obviously had to oracle quite a lot to get to 90. You had it coming. I'm aware many things haven't been released yet, but well... With the new BH, CS and WQ, PWI could expect people to get to 79 after two months.

I got my Psychic to 73 (close to 74) within a month without oracling (and old BH). Then I switched to an Assassin which is currently level 62 (barely a month yet).

Leveling in this game is a joke now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You telling me you leveled both a Psychic and a Wizard at level 75+ and the Psychic outdamaged the Wizard ? I seriously doubt it.

If you're talking about lower levels, then yes, Psychics greatly overpower Wizards. Otherwise, no.

Psychic's hate level is NOT related to damage, it's related to speed. We can cast way faster than Wizards, and if we do chain like 3 or 4 skills in a row we tend to steal aggro real easy, yes.

This is really a people thing... How come I run into Archers that steal aggro like crazy, and you run into Tideborns that do the same thing ? There has to be a little hypocricy, probably from both parts, but well, I do believe any class is capable of stealing aggro.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you want to talk about taking agro easy try this. If you have a high lvl bm (fist) 89+ that has the 79 skill Dragon bane & are in squad with a same lvl barb go into the boss fight with a full tripple spark chi, do Dragon's Bane, hit one time do tripple spark and attack with normal attacks, after about 6 - 8 attacks you will have agro and it will take the barb 2 maybe 3 attempts to regain it back. b:shocked

So this is not just a tideborn issue i have seen some that have worked with thier character and know what and how each skill works while some have absolutley no clue and attack all out all the time (see this alot in archers too), thus stealing agro everytime. b:beatenup

Now for a bit of payback when on my cleric and healing the tank should an archer or tideborn take agro well thier life is forfeit until the tank regains control and i have the time to rez them b:laugh
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]