Good solo class besides Veno? Please and thanks.

Options
Odadom - Sanctuary
Odadom - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello I KNOW there's a search button but I get some weird confirmation picture thingy that is impossible to read, so yeah... Glitch?

Anyways, what's an effective solo class besides the Venomancer? I really do not wish to be a girl, but I am not really a party person because I'm impatient and annoying :P

Well thank you if you decide to spend a few seconds of your life on me. And sorry for my bad English, I am not a native English speaker.
Post edited by Odadom - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I haven't played the psychic and assassin classes too much

But it'd prolly be the Blademaster..
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i played veno and it very good solo class until u reach lv 99
    im currently psychic lv 80 and it really great solo class but it cost a lot mp potions
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Clerics, once you get past level 20 can do pretty much anything solo, eventually.

Blademasters can do less, but a heck of a lot more quickly.
  • Lemuria - Harshlands
    Lemuria - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Personally, I recommend... Cleric! (Yeah yeah, no surprise but hear me out at least)

Clerics have several good solo skills which can really help to tip the balance against enemies. Firstly, they have Elemental Seal which reduces an enemies magic resistance (use against melee targets), and Dimensional Seal which reduces an enemies physical resistance (use against mages), helping you deal more damage. They also lower your own resistances, which is why you use them against the damage type that is NOT being used against you...which leads to...

Secondly, they have both physical AND magical damage. Use magic against 'Increased Defense' targets and physical against 'Increased Magic Defense' targets. A tool for every occasion! Also because our physical attack is based off our magic attack, it still hits very hard!

Thirdly, we have heals! Sounds like an obvious one, but you'd be surprised how many forget its there. Being able to Ironheart yourself in battle makes us incredibly resilient against monsters. We might not be able to tank some bosses (though at lower levels, you might surprise yourself!), but we're definetly very strong against most targets.

Fourthly, self-buffs. Defense, magic defense, magic attack, regeneration... all enhanced through our own buffs. We also have Plume Shell which massively reduces physical damage in exchange for MP. If you have high MP, it's the equivalent of extending your HP bar by that amount.

You can also choose to be either male OR female with Clerics, so you don't have to sacrifice your dignity for it. Does it show that I love my class too much..? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Anyways, what's an effective solo class besides the Venomancer? I really do not wish to be a girl, but I am not really a party person because I'm impatient and annoying :P
    I think this is a Wizard.

But don't think that you can play using this class, because you must be patient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think this is a Wizard.

But don't think that you can play using this class, because you must be patient.

yep wizards be pretty effective....
    get hit 0 times and still kill mobs. (Kiting for teh win)
    except....it be very time consuming to kite every single mob needed for quests.
    b:sweat
    also you be limited to 1 mob at a time unlike BM's aoe abilities.
    >.<'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    also you be limited to 1 mob at a time unlike BM's aoe abilities.
    >.<'

Sorry, but I found that AOE grinding for wizard is better.

My Wizard can hold attack of up to 4 magical mobs (of same level as my Wizard) at one time.

PWI is balanced game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    o magic mobs?
    xD
    me don't really like to aoe on magic mobs (except when me had like a dozen quests asking me to kill those dam orchid petali or whatever they be called....then me aoe on them to save time/mp/etc....) *but teh lack of purify annoyed me*
    but sure whatever be working for you.
    >.<'
    (but even when me aoe on those plant monsters me would just find a wandering cleric and squad up with them....then get a wandering BM and start zhenning the heck out of them.)
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I would say Blademaster(axe) as well Clerics are good vs wood mobs only not others.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I would say Blademaster(axe) as well Clerics are good vs wood mobs only not others.

Once again....um no!

Clerics can solo any mobs...at high enough levels even their own culti bosses.

If you as a clerics CANNOT solo every mob, then you are doing something MAJORLY wrong!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Odadom - Sanctuary
    Odadom - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thanks so much. I think I'll try Cleric and Psychic. I really like magic characters, but not really into wizard... Don't know why, lol.