im new help plz

andy321432
andy321432 Posts: 27 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Archer
hi im new to pw and i wanna be an elf archer i dont know why i just like elfs . I hanve some questions
1. i just wanna be a basic elf archer wats the best stat build
2. what skills do i get
3. do archers skills look cool
4. are archers kool
5. are archers fun
6. are archers skills diffrent besides firing a shiny arrow

please asnwer my questions in a

format thankyou
Post edited by andy321432 on

Comments

• andy321432
    andy321432 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hi im new to pw and i wanna be an elf archer i dont know why i just like elfs . I hanve some questions
    2. what skills do i get
    4. are archers kool
    5. are archers fun

format thankyou
  • DeliaLotus - Lost City
    DeliaLotus - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    1. 1 str 4 dex every level (so that str is exactly your_level+4), or 1 str, 1 vit, 3 dex each level (gives you more health - less useful in top grade fighting but might be easier to play for some)
    2. all the passive ones (all ___mastery & fire arrow), then take aim, frost (some level of), and knockback (level 1 only)
    3. Sometimes?
    4. I think so. Tank classes such as blademasters or barbarians are more showy though, attacking enemies head on rather than from afar.
    5. Archers are a lot of work. They level slower than other classes and take a unique fighting style totally contrary to simply rushing the enemy and hacking away. They die when enemies reach them
    6. Yes, they vary, as do all the classes. Different skills have different animations.

If you just want to be an archer because you like elves... well perhaps you should read up about them a little more on these forums - such as the "Newbie's guide to Archer-ism" stickied above. If you choose your class based on physical differences you're likely to have a less enjoyable experience than if you pick a class that fits your playing style, in my opinion. I love the dexterity stat, hence, I'm an archer, where it's useful to me.

And don't limit yourself because elves have wings - all other classes get flying mounts at level 30 anyways.

Finally, please try not to double post. You probably didn't mean to so it's okay, but it only takes one click to post :)
  • BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    2. what skills do i get
    4. are archers kool
    5. are archers fun

1. 1 str, 4 dex a level
    2. Read the sticky guide
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. No they r boring b:laugh
    6. Sure
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • koumpotrypas
    koumpotrypas Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I 've played archer in other mmos, but it took me some days of playing to understand how to build my archer here..

1. most times: 4 dex-1 str.. but some times i prefer giving 3 dex, 1 vit. 1 mag (every 3-4 levels), cuz archers are weakness and waste too much mp.
    2. ALL PASSIVES
    untill level 20 : take aim, frost arrow, qickshot..
    hmm, take but keep low, the knock back arrow (level2 or 3) , vicius is strong and usefull for me.. Finally i level up quickshot, it doesn't much damage but drains less mp and loading very fast,, Lightning is strong but drains too much mp.
    3. sometimes they really do
    4. yeah, they are.
    5.hmm not when you are in danger
    6.yes..
  • DeliaLotus - Lost City
    DeliaLotus - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    1. most times: 4 dex-1 str.. but some times i prefer giving 3 dex, 1 vit. 1 mag (every 3-4 levels), cuz archers are weakness and waste too much mp.

Just a note: you can't really do that build reasonably in PWI: archer's need at least 3 dex, .5str every level to hold weapons, and 1 str every level to equip light armor.

So put 3 dex 1 str every level, then you have a little choice about how to spend the last point. Usually people put it into dex (for damage and critical hits). But wherever you put it you'll still be able to use your equipment then.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    1. You need enough stats to use your gear, that leaves you with not very many stat points for choices that make life easier with your approaches in combat.
    2. You should pick your skills to match your fighting style. Every time you level you should have an idea of which areas you need to improve in. I know that some of my skills have been very different from stuff I have read in skill guides (but some of my other choices closely match recommendations in those guides).
    3. I have gotten some nice comments from other people, especially on how my defensive skills look.
    4. Some archers are kool. (But others can be unhappy.)
    5. My archer has fun. However, I sometimes wish that I had been a venomancer, or a cleric.
    6. We have some skills that do not require ammunition, but if you want to be an archer you will need to arch!
    b:chuckle
  • Malaquey - Heavens Tear
    Malaquey - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1. you always put 1 str on every level, you can then wield everything for your level. i use barbaric warrior rings which give +5 str so if you dont plan on selling it any time soon equipment that boosts str can be used instead.
    Of the other 4 points 3 go on dex or you cant wield your bows and damage will be low. the last either goes on vit or dex depednign on your style. never put on magic as is massive waste and a dumb thing to do.
    2. you get charge up skills that do good damage, single shot skills that do good damage, DOT skills that suck, aoe skills that are good, resist damage skills that are good, good buff/de buff skills
    3. in my opinion male archers dont but thats just me
    4. yes
    5. only if you are happy with having nothing getting close and destroying everything :P
    6. you need ammo but it can be various colours and shapes. My standard shot is blue for instance

If you use an archer you will find fast moving and hp+ mobs hard but lower hp mobs are very easy
    kill it before it gets to you