What does FB stand for?

XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Ok so my friend and I are trying to figure out if he did his FB 19 or not and im trying to explain what FB quests are yet I don't know what FB stands for so im having a hard time explaining it to him. Can some one help me out here?
Thanks for the siggy Dorset
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
Post edited by XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Abrams - Raging Tide
    Abrams - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Doesn't it stand for FuBen or something? And I think it means iron tablet... or something... I dunno, my cousin told me this once. Kinda makes sense. But is there any real reason to know what FB stands for? >.>
    It basically just means you gotta kill a bunch of OP mobs and then kill a boss.
  • Ilmr - Lost City
    Ilmr - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's an abbrieviation for the Call to Duty: tablet and associated quests, duh.
  • Demans - Lost City
    Demans - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i beilve fb stands for Final Battle or soemthin, and jsut faster to say than CTD (Call To Duty, name of the quest)
    well when ur LA psy has same wep grade and refine as ur pure AA wiz, hits as high per shot, has faster dps, and has 2x the crit %, time to retire the wiz............

dam op fishy....
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the only translation i can find for fuben is "unhandiness"

http://www.eudict.com/?lang=engjap&word=inconvenience,%20inexpediency,%20unhandiness

but as someone once, long ago, mentioned jokingly, it really stands for F****** Boss(es)

but in general usage it means the dungeon and all the related quests. so explaining to someone what the fb is doesnt actually require you to know what the word means.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've heard Fu Ben, and Final Battle, and Final Boss, and First Battle. b:chuckle

Edit: Interestingly enough, I never hear people complain about using FB, although the same people will turn around and complain about MY names being used...I wonder why...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Face Book

~Saitada
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Furry Bunnies
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it stands for the chinese word for dungeon. it's commonplace in PWI to use it, ever staff does.

"All you have to do is help a newbie complete their FB 19, 29, or 39 and you'll be entered to win!"
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • masterfu2
    masterfu2 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    FB stands for Fu Ben which means dungeon in Chinese. You can just tell this friend of yours that FB quests aka Call of Duty is a quest that requires you to gather a group of people, then go to a dungeon(fb19, 29, 39...so on) to kill elite monsters and bosses :)

To the people who said FB stands for Final battle and such, you don't know what you are talking about b:chuckleb:dirty

masterfu~

P.S. great, i got ninjaed by Psytrac >.<
    hi :3
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    masterfu2 wrote: »
    To the people who said FB stands for Final battle and such, you don't know what you are talking about

It does too stand for Face Book! b:angryb:angry

~S
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    it stands for the chinese word for dungeon. it's commonplace in PWI to use it, ever staff does.

"All you have to do is help a newbie complete their FB 19, 29, or 39 and you'll be entered to win!"

Not interested in helping anyone I just like to bug him b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

• Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Interestingly enough, I never hear people complain about using FB, although the same people will turn around and complain about MY names being used...I wonder why...

lol. i'm one of the people who complains about things like referring to TT as HH or lunar (i think?) as CV. fb doesnt bother me because it's uniform -- everybody uses it, everybody always understand what is being talked about.

like HH could be TT, hell hound, heaven/hell (seen ppl use this isntead of "sage/demon"), holy helm.. am i forgetting anything? CV -- i havent even bothered asking exactly what ppl are referring to. contextually i can assume they mean lunar glade.

and lots of people are saying fuben is chinese for dungeon. that's what i thought, but going around through different online translation thingies none are giving "chinese -> english = fuben/fu ben -> dungeon". most yield "no results" or fuben/Fu Ben -> fuben" lol. so really, no clue what fb really means.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    CV -- i havent even bothered asking exactly what ppl are referring to. contextually i can assume they mean lunar glade.
    CV is Lunar, I think from Crescent Valley but not sure.
    and lots of people are saying fuben is chinese for dungeon. that's what i thought, but going around through different online translation thingies none are giving "chinese -> english = fuben/fu ben -> dungeon". most yield "no results" or fuben/Fu Ben -> fuben" lol. so really, no clue what fb really means.
    The problem with using most online translators is that they, well, suck. Chinese is a tonal language, so you're looking at 16 possible pronunciations for "Fu Ben". Now throw in the multiple characters with the same pronunciation and you're well up into the hundreds of combinations.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not interested in helping anyone I just like to bug him b:laugh
    was from their event page.

in any case...
    With the exception of 51 (which used to be 49) fbs are the final test of your character at X level. at lvl 39, the gates of delirium tests your ability in the 30s range, 19 is a test of your low-level abilities, etc
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I decided that FB sounded so stupid. Even though it had roots to the malaysian version, I still have to make the demands in my faction - that everyone call it "DC". Also known as Duty Calls.

Hey, let's do dc19! dc29!

Come on! Who wants to hear "Friend Battle 19!!!" Wanna bring some flowers too? "FuBen 19", "Final Battle 19! (but wait, there's more at level 29!)".

Seriously...

Call it DC.

Duty Calls at level 19! 29, 39, 51, 59, 79, 89, 99...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
    edited February 2010
    I decided that FB sounded so stupid. Even though it had roots to the malaysian version, I still have to make the demands in my faction - that everyone call it "DC". Also known as Duty Calls.

Come on! Who wants to hear "Friend Battle 19!!!" Wanna bring some flowers too? "FuBen 19", "Final Battle 19! (but wait, there's more at level 29!)".

Seriously...

Call it DC.

You has forgotten Fuzzy Bunnies!
    b:angry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wish i remember where i found it. But was from someone who actually spoke Chinese, & saw it from the original game. Those who say it means "dungeon" or "Iron Tablet" are incorrect. It doesnt have a direct translation, but the closest interpretation of the word is "A Copy of" or "Duplicate". This roughly translates to Instance, which is what they are, Instance 19, Instance 29, etc etc etc. The reason you cant use CTD (call to duty) as an English version or abbreviation is because it isnt the same. You cant say "looking for people to do 202020 in CTD69. The FB abbreviation stands for the Instance Dungeon as a whole, not the using of tablets in a dungeon.
  • Therronn - Sanctuary
    Therronn - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Seriously...

Call it DC.

I've always laughed when people called it Final Battle, when there's another in 10 odd levels. Duty Calls is a good idea, I hope you dont mind if I use it from now on b:laugh
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    I've always laughed when people called it Final Battle, when there's another in 10 odd levels. Duty Calls is a good idea, I hope you dont mind if I use it from now on b:laugh

Good luck on that but one prob dc stands for being dissconected........b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Kinda like Back to the Future and Final Destination 1-4? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wish i remember where i found it. But was from someone who actually spoke Chinese, & saw it from the original game. Those who say it means "dungeon" or "Iron Tablet" are incorrect. It doesnt have a direct translation, but the closest interpretation of the word is "A Copy of" or "Duplicate". This roughly translates to Instance, which is what they are, Instance 19, Instance 29, etc etc etc. The reason you cant use CTD (call to duty) as an English version or abbreviation is because it isnt the same. You cant say "looking for people to do 202020 in CTD69. The FB abbreviation stands for the Instance Dungeon as a whole, not the using of tablets in a dungeon.

Darksylph is right. Fu (副) means duplicate, additional. Ben(本) means piece, object. Any and all instances are various FuBens in Chinese. This acronym applies to all MMOs in Chinese, not just PWI. Rebirth, Frost, Lunar, etc., are actually all FuBens as well. FBTT or FBRB anyone?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Darksylph is right. Fu (副) means duplicate, additional. Ben(本) means piece, object. Any and all instances are various FuBens in Chinese. This acronym applies to all MMOs in Chinese, not just PWI. Rebirth, Frost, Lunar, etc., are actually all FuBens as well. FBTT or FBRB anyone?

97 EA LFGF FBHH3-3? b:chuckle
    edited February 2010
    97 EA LFGF FBHH3-3? b:chuckle

DX
    b:surrender
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    First Battle, its on the name of the quest...
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I swear you guys are just silly. Everybody knows FB means Face Book! Get with the program already! Sheesh, do I haffa splain EVERYTHING?b:laugh

~S
  • ker
    ker Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    FB - Fuben (= Chinese for dungeon)b:victory
    For all those that are not aware there a several other versions of PW the Chinese version being the original and the Malayan version bing the first one to have English there is also a Russian version, etc. All of which call the dungeons fbs. Its not final or first battle or any other silly nonsense like that.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ok so my friend and I are trying to figure out if he did his FB 19 or not and im trying to explain what FB quests are yet I don't know what FB stands for so im having a hard time explaining it to him. Can some one help me out here?

General consensus is that it stands for Final Boss. At least, to all the original players who I've talked to about it, say.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    General consensus is that it stands for Final Boss. At least, to all the original players who I've talked to about it, say.

Erm, no, its as ker said, who btw, posted here after over a year and 3 months of no new posts, which makes this a necro...
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It stands for Freakin Boring

cool necro bro b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    inb4lock b:avoid
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
This discussion has been closed.