3D Perfect World

Rick Hunter - Sanctuary
Rick Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
Ok, here it goes: What about a graphical plug in that would allow you to switch to an anaglyph 3D display, this, of course would only be possible for powerful computers because you would be doing a double rendering of the image and of course I'm aware that anaglyph 3D sorely affects colors, but if you think about it, viewing the game in 3D would sometimes really help, specially when you are fighting mobs in the air or underwater.

As for the anaglyph glasses, anyone can make a pair of those.

What do you think?
Post edited by Rick Hunter - Sanctuary on

Comments

• PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    not needed they better work on content and bug fix first
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree with Pequette.... fix everything.. BEFORE you modify
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1. Someone has managed to make their game 3D I think. I don't remember how, but try some searching and maybe you can find it? I'll look as well. b:victory

2. You have a space in your username b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nVidia has glasses / software / hardware that makes any game look 3D, without changes to the game itself.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Main.html
  • TurboWolf - Harshlands
    TurboWolf - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    First make the game have better performance, I have a first person shooter PC, last gen, and it cannot handle the game way better than my laptop...
  • Sahfykun - Heavens Tear
    Sahfykun - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The Iz3d free anaglyph plugin works very well with Perfect world apparently. search for it. It also works for basically all directX games or applications. Enjoy.

Disregard that, in all its wisdom the perfect world pwprotector.exe anti-cheat system regards the iz3d as reason to terminate the games process. This is incredibly irritating. Oh well, no 3D until the devs fix that.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    2. You have a space in your username b:shocked

b:faint How is that possible?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:faint How is that possible?!

I think you could for a short amount of time after the game came out, but then they stopped letting you so you could actually PM players. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Rick Hunter - Sanctuary
    Rick Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Your'e right, I was allowed to have a space in my nickname because I was one of the earliest gamers I suppose. nothing special about that though.
    edited February 2010
    @Rick. Are you able to get PM's?

Hehe its just like how they didn't care about downloading character files back then so we get to keep those edits now (as long as the morphs are within reason, can't have stick figure characters and such, just subtle ini edits +_+ oh well that would cause them to be hard to target anyways or so they say. D:)

On 3d: I think if someone brings this problem up to the PW devs and the IZ3D devs maybe they could work together. It doesn't seem so hard to allow the game to have Iz3d injected into its memory so we can get 3D. It doesn't give us any unfair edge, just 3D... I use it on L4D2 all the time and 3d zombies cause me to die more if anything.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LSD will make you think the game is in 3D. why should they recode anything for you when you can make the game 3D on your own.
    edited February 2010
    All they would have to do is add it from the protectors exception list most likely. That hardly requires much coding and Iz3D worked with the game at one point in time so it should be exceedingly simple to do.

Just check the forums there.. ^^;
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Your'e right, I was allowed to have a space in my nickname because I was one of the earliest gamers I suppose. nothing special about that though.
    One of the earliest and still lvl 40? I've been playing on this character for 1 month and look how far I got o.0

Well, I'd rather get VR display instead. It would be much cooler.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok, here it goes: What about a graphical plug in that would allow you to switch to an anaglyph 3D display, this, of course would only be possible for powerful computers because you would be doing a double rendering of the image and of course I'm aware that anaglyph 3D sorely affects colors, but if you think about it, viewing the game in 3D would sometimes really help, specially when you are fighting mobs in the air or underwater.

As for the anaglyph glasses, anyone can make a pair of those.

What do you think?

GM's, if you have seen avatar with 3-d glasses, maybe you should make PWI with those exact same glasses. So i dont have to pay for anything :)
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.