Sins and Psys

Comments

• DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No .. Sin stuns you THEN you use the genie skill

Plus say for example you are in PK mode chatting outside west gate.. you have you pet set to guard yeah ? Even if sin does tele and stun, your pets going be smacking him upside the head while you remove/become unstunned.

There are ways to counter all classes ... just by the huge number of these threads people are to lazy to look for them

Ok so you counter the first stun then the sin seals you and goes invis again... so whats the conter for it now? And unless you have a nix with ream, sac, or devour on auto theres no way youre gonna 1 shot the sin with a pet.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    How many threads like that do you need to create ? If you want to release your anger, just go on one of the dozens of lame-whiny threads about Tideborns...

Seriously, this is getting redondant. "Omg, a Tideborn stole aggro from a 10+ high level, OVERPOWERED!!!!"
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Just yesterday i was healing for a FB59 and i had a 92 veno with herc 4 tank, a 82 psy, a 85 wiz some other ppl i dont remember =P, the whole time, the psy was stealing aggro from the herc (wich was @ same lvl as the veno. Kinda of a pain, since i wanted to DD a bit too :(

i have yet to fight a same lvl psy, but just from this episode, i think we can all say they r a bit op... i mean, psy takes aggro, and wiz doesnt?

I'm right with you here. I have a 79 fist/axe BM and I do 59BHs every day. I can hold aggro from ANY wizard or archer up to my level. Plus I can steal aggro from barbs up to about 2 levels under me unless theyre super spamming aggro skills and getting chi from apoc or something. The fact that a 72 psy in a group with me and a 79 barb took aggro straight away and kept stealing even after she died and got resed is just completely ridiculous.
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    As far as Psychics being OP in dungeons and stealing aggro....what you're actually seeing is the players inability to play his or her class, who obviously have no concept of aggro or DD management.
    Archers and wizards have both needed to learn to control aggro. Psychics need to do the same.
    A psychic who launches into a boss at full strength, hammering everything they have into it, with no regard for the aggro....well tbh, they deserve to die. And if I were cleric, and saw a psychic doing this, I'd have no priority in saving him/her.
    Granted, not all psychics are this way. Some have actually learned aggro management and play their class quite well. But these ones you claim as OP and stealing aggro......watch them. Most of the ones I see doing it don't know a thing about being a DD.
    Kudos to the ones who have taken the time to learn the class though. They are a welcome addition to squads.
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok so you counter the first stun then the sin seals you and goes invis again... so whats the conter for it now?

If he's invis he's not attacking you ..job done

Or is the problem Sin's have great running away skills and you cant always get the kill ?
    And unless you have a nix with ream, sac, or devour on auto theres no way youre gonna 1 shot the sin with a pet

Pets Shouldnt be able to one shot them anyway (unless they are much lower level). That would be OP in itself
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Man someone post that"not this thread anymore pic2 b:surrender
    You know what's OP?people with 3rd and 4th OHT map gold gear,people with with rank 8 stuff.Now that's what I call OP,not some nerdy emo kids that play assassins and psy to steal aggro and kill themself.I've seen some,mostly sins to be honest that steal aggro just because they can and get pwned(pretty muh all bosses from nob and pole in up 1 shot them).
    As to the veno above...nothing I got my hate on stupid sins and psys above so not much hate left for him.Just go away if you don't play the game anymore.If not play in a freaking pve server and ignore them.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    How many threads like that do you need to create ? If you want to release your anger, just go on one of the dozens of lame-whiny threads about Tideborns...

Seriously, this is getting redondant. "Omg, a Tideborn stole aggro from a 10+ high level, OVERPOWERED!!!!"

How is that not overpowered? And who's whining? I'm trying to propose a serious flaw in the game, not just whine that I don't think its fair because of no reason at all. Read all the posts if you want to get involved or just move to another thread if you 'dont want to hear it.' Theres no rule that states that you have to read a thread. If youre so shallow as to think everyone is just 'whining' then just don't read it. Your silence is more valuable then your useless flame.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    If he's invis he's not attacking you ..job done

Or is the problem Sin's have great running away skills and you cant always get the kill ?

Pets Shouldnt be able to one shot them anyway (unless they are much lower level). That would be OP in itself

You're running in a circle and not making much sense with it. The sin goes invis and waits for cooldowns and attacks again. What then? Theres just no reliable way to counter the sins invis. Just because you want your character to keep its cheap skill doesn't mean you have to try and make someone elses concerns invalid.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Nice flame. Why aren't they overpowered? Explain in detail. Contribute to the thread you dirty little forum troll you.
    lets see

it all revolves around the fact, light armor is the worst armor in game. its called being a glass cannon, you gank them or get around their stun via genie, apoth whatever, and theyre an easy kill.

they have no way of killing heavy armor classes.

just because something steals aggro, does NOT make it overpowered, thats idiotic. thats like saying a demon archer, or a wizard are overpowered because they can out damage a herc endgame on ? bosses.

turning invisible isnt a game breaking feature, rogue/theif/assassin like classes have always turned invisible in games. sure it makes them good at PVP (lolundead41/5/25rogue in wow) but it doesnt make them invinsible. once theyre out of it, theyre susceptible to instant death via magic, or an HA class.

psycics have NO defense increasing skill, IE making them a meal for any archer who finds them.

they need almost 1.4 BILLION coins worth of gear to match anywhere near a fist BM's damage output; note a BM only needs about 400m to make a godly damage dealer.

you just whine too much like the rest of the crowd who hasnt adjusted on how to outwit them, so you cry like a child over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    As far as Psychics being OP in dungeons and stealing aggro....what you're actually seeing is the players inability to play his or her class, who obviously have no concept of aggro or DD management.
    Archers and wizards have both needed to learn to control aggro. Psychics need to do the same.
    A psychic who launches into a boss at full strength, hammering everything they have into it, with no regard for the aggro....well tbh, they deserve to die. And if I were cleric, and saw a psychic doing this, I'd have no priority in saving him/her.
    Granted, not all psychics are this way. Some have actually learned aggro management and play their class quite well. But these ones you claim as OP and stealing aggro......watch them. Most of the ones I see doing it don't know a thing about being a DD.
    Kudos to the ones who have taken the time to learn the class though. They are a welcome addition to squads.

You're right they don't have aggro management skills. But the fact that they can easily take the aggro whenever they feel like is being op. Wizs and archers cant do it with a higher lvl barb why should a psy?
  • BIaze_ - Heavens Tear
    BIaze_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    How is that not overpowered? And who's whining? I'm trying to propose a serious flaw in the game, not just whine that I don't think its fair because of no reason at all. Read all the posts if you want to get involved or just move to another thread if you 'dont want to hear it.' Theres no rule that states that you have to read a thread. If youre so shallow as to think everyone is just 'whining' then just don't read it. Your silence is more valuable then your useless flame.

skilled archer and wizard can do the same. dosnt make them OP.
    end of the day, both classes are squishy as hell and easy to kill if you know how to deal with them.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    lets see

it all revolves around the fact, light armor is the worst armor in game. its called being a glass cannon, you gank them or get around their stun via genie, apoth whatever, and theyre an easy kill.

they have no way of killing heavy armor classes.

just because something steals aggro, does NOT make it overpowered, thats idiotic. thats like saying a demon archer, or a wizard are overpowered because they can out damage a herc endgame on ? bosses.

turning invisible isnt a game breaking feature, rogue/theif/assassin like classes have always turned invisible in games. sure it makes them good at PVP (lolundead41/5/25rogue in wow) but it doesnt make them invinsible. once theyre out of it, theyre susceptible to instant death via magic, or an HA class.

psycics have NO defense increasing skill, IE making them a meal for any archer who finds them.

they need almost 1.4 BILLION coins worth of gear to match anywhere near a fist BM's damage output; note a BM only needs about 400m to make a godly damage dealer.

you just whine too much like the rest of the crowd who hasnt adjusted on how to outwit them, so you cry like a child over it.
    bump for great justice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ................. overpowered? tideborns aren't overpowered. I think you just want something to whine about. b:scorn
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I can swipe aggro at will with undine + gush/pyro spam. Psy's have nothing on me.
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You're right they don't have aggro management skills. But the fact that they can easily take the aggro whenever they feel like is being op. Wizs and archers cant do it with a higher lvl barb why should a psy?

like i said earlier :
    Wanted to add something about this. I've been in a bh59 on my psy with a lower barb, and warned the barb that I'd prob take aggro for jokes, since I had black voodoo on.

Guess what? I never got aggro from him <_<...he did a DARN well job of using his aggro skills and I couldnt even get aggro from the boss with blackvoodoo & me spamming sparks x_x.

b:surrender
    edited February 2010
    You're running in a circle and not making much sense with it. The sin goes invis and waits for cooldowns and attacks again. What then? Theres just no reliable way to counter the sins invis. Just because you want your character to keep its cheap skill doesn't mean you have to try and make someone elses concerns invalid.

Lol Sin stuns you.. you use genie skill to remove stun .. sin goes invis and waits for cooldowns.... sin stuns you... you use genie skill to remove stun... rinse repeat... Not Really rocket science is it.

Im not worried if this character keeps it "cheap skill" its an alt to level when Im bored on my main.

But my arguement would be the same if I posted on that .. There are ways to counter ALL classes, people just need to stop being lazy and use the brain they were born with to work them out.

If you try to counter the new classes with the tactics you use for the old then people will fail..
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    lets see

1. it all revolves around the fact, light armor is the worst armor in game. its called being a glass cannon, you gank them or get around their stun via genie, apoth whatever, and theyre an easy kill.

2. they have no way of killing heavy armor classes.

3. just because something steals aggro, does NOT make it overpowered, thats idiotic. thats like saying a demon archer, or a wizard are overpowered because they can out damage a herc endgame.

4. turning invisible isnt a game breaking feature, rogue/theif/assassin like classes have always turned invisible in games. sure it makes them good at PVP (lolundead41/5/25rogue in wow) but it doesnt make them invinsible. once theyre out of it, theyre susceptible to instant death via magic, or an HA class.

5. psycics have NO defense increasing skill, IE making them a meal for any archer who finds them.

6. they need almost 1.4 BILLION coins worth of gear to match anywhere near a fist BM's damage output; note a BM only needs about 400m to make a godly damage dealer.

7. you just whine too much like the rest of the crowd who hasnt adjusted on how to outwit them, so you cry like a child over it.

1. Light armor is not the worst armor in the game if you know what you're doing. My LA veno could take on just about anyone on the server before the damn packs came out. Just because you dont know how to use a LA char doesn't mean it's bad.

2. Have they tried going HA themselves? More attack power and more defense vs the HAs. Almost a too simple fix.

3. I never said anything about a herc. Hercs are easy as hell to take aggro off of unless its a TT boss.

4. But in the other games can they stun/seal lock you and immediatly go back into invis? Once theyre out of invis, yes they are a somewhat easy kill (if you're not fighting them personally and they come out of invis to attack someone.)

5. Go light armor and phys gems or hp gems. I have a friend whos a LA psy and he loves it.

6. Litterally I have never cumulativly seen that much coin in the entire extent of me playing this game. 400m or you can EARN the gear like a lot of other people do.

7. Funny I don't remember crying on the forum? Maybe it's you thats the one crying. Crying someone is calling out the cheap class you use. Seems like you're trying to hold on to your short lived overpowered character. If and when they do put in more reliable measures to counter the invis you're gonna be on here crying that they did it.
  • BIaze_ - Heavens Tear
    BIaze_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just yesterday i was healing for a FB59 and i had a 92 veno with herc 4 tank, a 82 psy, a 85 wiz some other ppl i dont remember =P, the whole time, the psy was stealing aggro from the herc (wich was @ same lvl as the veno. Kinda of a pain, since i wanted to DD a bit too :(

just like to point out hercs cant tank normal mobs/bosses for sh*t when other classes are DDing. to prove this i nicked aggro from a lvl 94 herc as a lvl 78 bm just normal attacking with +4 calamities. (yes herc had bash/deflect on)

P.S this dosnt make BMs OP DemonFox, any class could of done it b:surrender
    edited February 2010
    2. Have they tried going HA themselves? More attack power and more defense vs the HAs. Almost a too simple fix.

Sin's Dmg comes from Dex, if they lower that Dex to wear HA they are gimping themselves in DMG.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LA is the worst endgame armour, it's a fact. Sins have a way to dance around it with invisibility, so it triggers some whining.

Fact is, almost every MMORPG has a sin-like class, it's really old news. You couldn't find a thing that would make the PW Sins more powerful than the ones from WoW.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    1. Light armor is not the worst armor in the game if you know what you're doing. My LA veno could take on just about anyone on the server before the damn packs came out. Just because you dont know how to use a LA char doesn't mean it's bad.
    you really have NO clue, do you... robes and heavy armor get better defenses, physical and magical. LA IS the worst armor by far, ask any smart archer.
    WRONG, 227 str needed for HA, thats a HUGE drop in dex, which results in huge damage loss for the assassin in terms of min-max, crit, accuracy, etc.
    3. I never said anything about a herc. Hercs are easy as hell to take aggro off of unless its a TT boss.
    ? boss was implied, read the edit.
    4. But in the other games can they stun/seal lock you and immediatly go back into invis? Once theyre out of invis, yes they are a somewhat easy kill (if you're not fighting them personally and they come out of invis to attack someone.)
    yeah, they can, and they still die easily by those with half a brain.
    5. Go light armor and phys gems or hp gems. I have a friend whos a LA psy and he loves it.
    still an easy kill for an archer. horrible defense on LA is a nice exploit for us.
    6. Litterally I have never cumulativly seen that much coin in the entire extent of me playing this game. 400m or you can EARN the gear like a lot of other people do.
    doesnt mean it doesnt exist, check a PVP server, theres guilds with 80% of the 200 memebrs having +12 gear.

you are indeed whining about something you dont understand. quit your whining and go play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Yup I play alot Nwn2(not a competition and not a mmo so i guess i can name it)online on an ever building world.Point is TWO not one prestige classes have hide in sight features so pretty much annoying but one get's used and learns how to counter it.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    you really have NO clue, do you... robes and heavy armor get better defenses, physical and magical. LA IS the worst armor by far, ask any smart archer.

still an easy kill for an archer. horrible defense on LA is a nice exploit for us.

doesnt mean it doesnt exist, check a PVP server, theres guilds with 80% of the 200 memebrs having +12 gear.

How does LA have worse defense than Arcane exactly? Again, my LA veno took out ANY class on the server. Comparable lvl venos with a nix couldn't stand up to some of the people I stood up to with my LA and Magmite.

Archers can crit like hell on anything, even HA. So how does the archer have any advantage on LA over Arcane?

I never said that much doesn't exist. I know people who are cash shopping those packs all day have billions stored up. Some of us choose, however, NOT to spend thousands of dollars on the game and EARN our gear. Maybe its the lack of a gambling addiction. Maybe its the fact that spending that much money on a game thats not going to give you anything monetary back is a complete and utter waste of money.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LA is the worst endgame armour, it's a fact. Sins have a way to dance around it with invisibility, so it triggers some whining.

Fact is, almost every MMORPG has a sin-like class, it's really old news. You couldn't find a thing that would make the PW Sins more powerful than the ones from WoW.

stealth in this game be overpowered since it be total stealth with no counters.
    in other games me would just pop an AoE *cough facemelter FTW cough* but aoes don't exist in this game
    (>.<)'
    there only multi target attacks.
    >.>

also there would be some type of anti stealth item....such as a flare or so.
    but then again....rogues couldn't really 1-5 shot other classes in other games.
    also me main was the healer class in the other game so would just stack heals and have PW:Shield on at all time
    >.>

and me alt mage would just ice block/freeze em in place/blink out/etc
    and me shammy alt would just use anti stun and bash their face in.
    also hunters and warlocks have class skills which lets them reveal invisible rogues.
    which reminds me...apothecary in this game be way inferior to teh system in the other game
    b:chuckle

err..me has gone a bit off topic so.....summary = Stealth = OP because it has literally no counters in this game.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    stealth in this game be overpowered since it be total stealth with no counters.
    in other games me would just pop an AoE *cough facemelter FTW cough* but aoes don't exist in this game
    (>.<)'
    there only multi target attacks.
    >.>

also there would be some type of anti stealth item....such as a flare or so.
    but then again....rogues couldn't really 1-5 shot other classes in other games.
    also me main was the healer class in the other game so would just stack heals and have PW:Shield on at all time
    >.>

and me alt mage would just ice block/freeze em in place/blink out/etc
    and me shammy alt would just use anti stun and bash their face in.
    also hunters and warlocks have class skills which lets them reveal invisible rogues.
    which reminds me...apothecary in this game be way inferior to teh system in the other game
    b:chuckle

err..me has gone a bit off topic so.....summary = Stealth = OP because it has literally no counters in this game.

See look I'm not the only one who agrees. Flame him too quick! Otherwise your precious sins may be nerfed!
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    How does LA have worse defense than Arcane exactly? Again, my LA veno took out ANY class on the server. Comparable lvl venos with a nix couldn't stand up to some of the people I stood up to with my LA and Magmite.
    sounds like you were A. picking off inexperienced idiots, or B. killing lowbies

garnet + robes = more def than LA. wizards fully buffed can have 10k+ pdef, any archer ive ever met has ~4-4.5k, which is pathetic. HA + robe combos have more pdef/mdef than their LA cousins on venos.

you really dont know anything, please just stop posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    People QQed a sea when the nixes came out because they were so "overpowered" with flesh ream. People eventually learned how to deal with them. You will have to do the same here, and yes it does mean that at some point, you will have to use your brain to figure it out.

Without their stealth assassins are pretty much a useless vegetable in PvP. Stealth is what makes sins stealthy. Stealth is what makes sins sins. Deal with it. If you can kill blademasters which have twice the defense, HP and stunlock capacity of an assassin, you can kill a Sin.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
    edited February 2010
    See look I'm not the only one who agrees. Flame him too quick! Otherwise your precious sins may be nerfed!
    It's ok Hamsta is the Troll King b:chuckle.wanna be his queen?
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree that stealth is annoying, but it's an easy fix. Give us true AoEs, or just a genie skill that reveals stealthed chars.

Not that hard. Sins still aren't OP, just obnoxious.
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Revealing stealth would completly kill the whole point of having the skill to begin with. Duel some sins and take some time out to learn how to deal with them when they poof/stun you.

The other thing is that other Assassins can see other Assassins in stealth so long as they're within the level range and have their awarness skill at an appropriate level. Next time you go pking, take a sin friend with you to spot them. They can attack the sin and force them out of stealth then you can pick him off easy.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.