NPC Pricing...need updated?

Options
lost0716
lost0716 Posts: 92 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Ok...so I've been playing for slightly more than a month now. I really do enjoy the game but come on...some of these prices are just to outrageous for some people. I'm not saying its the regular players prices...although some of them are a bit out there too...but the average npc prices. I'm not going to complain about the rez scrolls from the merchant...50k is reasonable...get a full squad and charge a 10k buy in...get a rez scroll for the ''in case sh** happens" instances...so for example that fushma and ranker just happen to find your squad at the same time...yeah...that was a bad day...luckily had a rez scroll in my inventory b:victory anyways...back on topic...

I use shards to amend my weaknesses...cause lets face it...each class has strengths and weaknesses. Using Light Armor as a cleric my Max HP suffers but my phys def is above average and my magic defs are formidable. Its amazing what a few shards can do to help your stats. Currently you can buy gems at the merchant for $530 coins...not too expensive...at least till you start combining them to make better shards...enclosed is my spreadsheet on the costs to create gems.

n66hwm.jpg

As you can see above...some of the gems are reasonably affordable...but as you improve the gem quality for better gears it becomes pretty scary...I mean seriously...who can really afford 4.1 billion for just 1 gemstone

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't need more of the previous gem to make the next one...if it only took 3 stones to combine to make the next one then it becomes somewhat affordable.

2q22vrc.jpg

Honestly I know it would be harder to change the quantity needed to create than to just change an npc price...so what I propose it to make the shabby stones $100 coins each. It lowers the creation cost tremendously...but at the same time it still costs quite a bit of coin...here's my last chart so you can see what I'm talking about.

ek0oro.jpg

I'd love to see the quantity to create change to only 3 gems all the way up cause its cheaper in the long run...but I know that can't happen cause of the system that is already in place. The proposed npc pricee change is way easier to effect and it doesn't really mess up the economy due to the number of tokens in circulation at the moment.

You can choose to agree with me or disagree...and I will say this...I know I'm not the only one that can't afford 20 lv9 shards...and for those of you about to call me a QQer...yeah...buy me shards...exactly...you can't afford it either >_>

So there is all the data I came up with...easy to read diagrams and explanations...what does everyone else think?
Post edited by lost0716 on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ummmm...those are the prices if you make them straight from the NPC...which is NEVER advisable ($$).

Right now you can get a Flawless 200-350k and Perfect for 3-5mill and Gem for 18-25mill, etc etc etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • lost0716
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The price are so low because...oh wait...tokens...that's right...the proposed price plans make the gems around the same price as what it would cost you using tokens...and still the price adds up
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    no , they were that price for a long time b:surrender

duely noted that they were once about 400-500k but still ( flawless )
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lost0716 wrote: »
    The price are so low because...oh wait...tokens...that's right...the proposed price plans make the gems around the same price as what it would cost you using tokens...and still the price adds up

math fail
    edumacation.jpg
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    Rinari - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    from my understanding...

beautiful, flawless, and immaculate shards drop from the higher RB instances

and that's why they are cheaper... cause they didnt need to be crafted

takes like... 2-3 hours to craft a single level 12 gem from purchased level 5 gems (you can purchase level 5 gems for a slightly increased price from the jewelcraftsman)
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

You can choose to agree with me or disagree...and I will say this...I know I'm not the only one that can't afford 20 lv9 shards...and for those of you about to call me a QQer...yeah...buy me shards...exactly...you can't afford it either >_>

Why would anyone buy you anything just cause they can afford it? I for one isn't out there buying every hobo dinner just cause i can afford to do so. If you can't buy it go farm it. wbs drop perf shards and its not exactally hard to farm during the 2x drops.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • lost0716
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm gonna go out there and repeat that I've only been playing about a month...b:surrender...what is this instance thing I haven't heard about yet...and what do I have to kill to get shards to drop o.O
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm still hung up on the idea that you could find a squad willing to pay for your res scrolls, as well as the fact that someone would have the audacity to ask a squad to buy them a res scroll.

And I think when he said 'wbs' he meant World Bosses - not actually an instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • lost0716
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think the biggest problem with the PWdatabase is the translation...don't get me wrong though...there is a lot of good info there...just can never find what I'm looking for...anyone wanna give me a hint on which mobs I can bump off to shard my gears?
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Which level shards specifically are you looking for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • lost0716
    edited February 2010
    Options
    right now I'm wanting 10 perfect garnets, 5 perfect sapphire and 5 perfect citrine...so if I can farm lv7-9 shards that would be awesome...otherwise I'm going to be farming crafting mats for a really loooonnngg time b:surrender
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    me sense you be a low level.
    me recommend that you just not shard your gear and level up some more since you just going to get better gear anyway. (and pretty much waste the shards on lowbie gear)
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think the biggest problem with the PWdatabase is the translation...don't get me wrong though...there is a lot of good info there...just can never find what I'm looking for...anyone wanna give me a hint on which mobs I can bump off to shard my gears?

. . .

Use: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/search

Not: http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/search
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Perfect World International version. (in other words, translated). Or just click the american flag in the upper right corner of PWdatabase.

Also just cause you can use lvl 10 stones in grade 10 gear, doesnt mean everyone is supposed to. I use Flawless (grade 7) in my grade 11 TT90. Thats common player affordability. Then the ppl with a little more money use immaculates (grade 8). Only those truely wealthy go above that.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ummm....You have been playing a month = What level are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You really don't start getting G7+ shards as drops until you're into the high 70s or 80s. Mostly they come from instances, like Rebirth Gamma and Frostcovered City (aka Forgotten Frostland). World Bosses are those 23-million HP [?] level bosses you see here and there, and those usually require either several squads or a squad of 95+ to take out in any reasonable amount of time.
  • lost0716
    edited February 2010
    Options
    currently I'm a 68 cleric...trying to work on my TT70 set...did my research and figured it will last me till almost 90...might have to change the weapon though =\

also I found this nifty calculator for gear...but the buff computation is kinda off a bit. So if ur willing to do a little math then you can easily figure out ur stats with buffs.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Cheaper NPC's means more people buy from them. More NPC purchases means coin sunk from the system. Coin sunk from the system means reduced inflation and everything becomes that slight bit more affordable for the casual player.

A lot of the NPC's need work, especially the jewel-craftsman, wine merchant and pot merchants. You can only buy junk pots up to lv60 unless you own a land.

If, say, the JJ NPC had a weekly "sale" and sold different useful items each week, it would do the economy a world of good. Like... jioazi one week, yuanxio next week, 12k mirages week after...and so on. (I'd love to say " cheap charms one week, dragon orbs next week...but hurting pwi's profit is strictly unthinkable =/ )
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    currently I'm a 68 cleric...trying to work on my TT70 set...did my research and figured it will last me till almost 90...might have to change the weapon though =\

also I found this nifty calculator for gear...but the buff computation is kinda off a bit. So if ur willing to do a little math then you can easily figure out ur stats with buffs.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/

68 be way too low to be sharding with high grade shards
    >.<'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    right now I'm wanting 10 perfect garnets, 5 perfect sapphire and 5 perfect citrine...so if I can farm lv7-9 shards that would be awesome...otherwise I'm going to be farming crafting mats for a really loooonnngg time b:surrender

OH MY DAYS....no no no no b:shocked

Give me a heart attack......8x Flawless or Immacs (depending what u can afford)....9x Immac's and higher you can get Perfects or higher

OMG Perfects in 6x gear ffs.......*has to step outside for air*

<--- Has Perfects in gear....oh my days......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I am not online so I can't confirm this...

but you can't put perfects in TT70 can you? I thought Flawless was as high as you can go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I am not online so I can't firm this...

but you can't put perfects in TT70 can you? I thought Flawless was as high as you can go.

I believe you are correct, but oh my days b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I believe you are correct, but oh my days b:surrender

It will be ok, Rose. We were all new once and had dreams of uberisity =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It will be ok, Rose. We were all new once and had dreams of uberisity =p

b:cry I did not even know about that stuff till 7x b:sad

Now Tideborns with +5 level 40 molders....fml
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

and i am wanting 24 gaea and 2 drakeflame... too bad we can't always get what we wants.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Basch - Lost City
    Basch - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    and i am wanting 24 gaea and 2 drakeflame... too bad we can't always get what we wants.

TBH with the way the servers are going now, these stones are no longer out of reach. I'm not really that far away from having g11 citrine if I wanted to do it, but I would rather not. G9 is just good enough for me.
  • lost0716
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The TT70 set I crafted was all grade lv9 which can hold up to 4 perfects if socketed...eh...yeah...everything got 4 sockets (3 of the 5 came out crafted with 4 sockets and 2 with 3...guess I got a little luckier than most) Sure...ppl are gonna laugh because I want to shard it out...but honestly if the npc price was lowered how many others would consider doing thisb:victory
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The TT70 set I crafted was all grade lv9 which can hold up to 4 perfects if socketed...eh...yeah...everything got 4 sockets (3 of the 5 came out crafted with 4 sockets and 2 with 3...guess I got a little luckier than most) Sure...ppl are gonna laugh because I want to shard it out...but honestly if the npc price was lowered how many others would consider doing thisb:victory

It'd have to be lowed a lot b:surrender

I put immaculate citrines in mine, mainly because it's my TT90 and I'll be using it a while. Perfects give 62 (I think) hp. Even if they were just double the price of an immac, you're still paying well over 1 million coin per 12hp increase. No thanks. I'd still far rather save that coin and add refines instead (far better bonus for money at that stage). But that's just my opinion I guess.

Also, what class on earth are you that you're adding sapphires AND garnets to your TT70 set? b:surrender
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sure...ppl are gonna laugh because I want to shard it out...but honestly if the npc price was lowered how many others would consider doing thisb:victory
    But if everybody can afford the best stuff, then the game would be pretty dull because everybody would be the same. An RPG isn't about everybody having the same stats/equipment. That's what FPS are for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    But if everybody can afford the best stuff, then the game would be pretty dull because everybody would be the same. An RPG isn't about everybody having the same stats/equipment. That's what FPS are for.

QFT

NPCs are one of the few coin sinks available, and while i understand the logic behind lowering prices to increase volume of transactions, a proper adjustment of prices would probably lead to most being raised.