The Assassin Guide

Comments

• Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just want to say... archer's have 2 skills that can use that are physical and close range. Winged shell + winged pledge.

Sorry if that was brought up in the previous pages.. i didn't read them all.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • esotericsoul
    esotericsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ArkToNE,

Thanks so much for your guide. Very useful information and well organized.

The formulas for the skills are great and I wish other class guides would get this detailed. By looking at the formulas, you can better prioritize your skills to suit your game play. Brilliant!

Just out of curiosity, how confident are you about these formulas? Where did they come from? I tried a few and some don
    I have walked among you since the beginning. You may not know me, but I know you.
  • Lronclaw - Lost City
    Lronclaw - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    "SNIP" is all I'm sayin...
    A bird in the hand is worth as many diamonds as I can shove up it's ****...
  • Wiz_Oz - Lost City
    Wiz_Oz - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Am not sure if it was mention before but exactly what does Shadow escape remove. A friend an I did multiple test tried all types of status effect skills and shadow excape seems to be just another skills that was not made properly as i can surely prove that it removes nothing juss allows u to invi while in battle and a free spark once cast successfully...

Correct me if am wrong!!
  • esotericsoul
    esotericsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ArkToNE,

Thanks so much for your guide. Very useful information and well organized.

The formulas for the skills are great and I wish other class guides would get this detailed. By looking at the formulas, you can better prioritize your skills to suit your game play. Brilliant!

Just out of curiosity, how confident are you about these formulas? Where did they come from? I tried a few and some don

For some reason the apostrophe cut off my posts.

I meant to ask...since the results of the formulas do not match the numbers posted on the Ecatomb fansite, are you certain the formulas are correct or is Ecatomb a better source for that info?

Thanks!
    I have walked among you since the beginning. You may not know me, but I know you.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So Power Dash increase crit by 40% when maxed? O_O Does that stack with Wolf Emblem?
  • wolfyyy
    wolfyyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    ArkToNE - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Can't say I have the formula down 100%. Take Twin Strike for example.

9.8 to 67.8 is 58
    67.8 to 132.8 is 65
    132.8 to 283.8 is 72

So the growth is 7, but I can't figure out how to explain that in a math formula.

Basically, it looks like an exponent, except instead of multiplication, it's addition.

So, I can't really figure out how to explain it in math...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Updated with new Assassin upgrades.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Updated with minor description changes to Shadow Walk and Shadow Escape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Update: Fixed the mathematics, should be 100% accurate now. Also added some polishes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • godric88
    godric88 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    screamer duel horns?? anyone know where that mold is dropped?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Blademaster: Common mistake is believing your daggers can't go through Heavy Armor. Tidal Protection for Axe Wielders, Focus Mind the others. A difficult class to defeat, but not impossible. If you can, start the fight at max distance since your max Knife Throw will have an outstanding 35 meters range and keep kiting them until they can no longer be kited. Much like Barbs, you want to lower their physical defense with Tangling Mire, Stun Lock, and be sure to Rib Strike them. Also note that another way to kill them is with Metal Genie Skill named Thunderstorm (Level 7 Fire Based, which makes no sense to me). If you strike them with Power Dash level 10 at level 80 or so, you'll have a good 60% chance of landing a critical hit on top of triple damage if target is on ground and double if you are close to them (1200% Genie Damage on crit). Choose carefully though, a good Tangling Mire genie is STR based and a good Thunderstorm genie is DEX based.

Archer: Common mistake is believing it'd only take a few hits to kill a prepped archer. Be sure to have Tidal Protection on for this fight. Perhaps one of the easier classes to fight due to the fact that they cannot flee from the Assassin to get into good range. Turn invisible until up close and nail them as hard as you can at close range. Be sure not to let them escape. A genie with immunity to metal damage can make this an impossible fight for an Archer due to the fact that Metal Skills are the only skills that's damage is not influenced by distance. Other than that, they can only do half damage the entire fight in melee range.

Psychic: Common mistake is killing yourself for being impatient.Psychics can potentially be easy targets or Assassin's worst nightmare. While their magic attack is quite powerful, it's not what makes them so dangerous. What makes them dangerous is if they're severely aware of how to raise their Psychic (instead of grinding, they farm for mats to craft; they're slow levelers, but extremely dangerous for their level) and their defensive skills. Their true damage is when you strike AT them. Not only is the reflected damage outrageous, but the stun per hit is rather outrageous as well. Your best friend in this fight is to bleed, deep sting, and headhunt. If you cannot kill them within a few moves, hide and get out of there.

You may want to double check your data or drop the sterotype.

1. Thunderstorm's double and triple damage DOES NOT add up like what you believe.
    2. Archers have 2-3 physical attacks that DOES NOT half at close range. And archers have THE FASTEST non-genie escape skill.
    3. WTF is this. Why would psy farm herbs instead of grinding.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    picking flowers is srs business
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    You may want to double check your data or drop the sterotype.

1. Thunderstorm's double and triple damage DOES NOT add up like what you believe.
    2. Archers have 2-3 physical attacks that DOES NOT half at close range. And archers have THE FASTEST non-genie escape skill.

Well, the genie is enough to kill, that's all that matters.
    If there are 2-3 melee archer skills, I haven't seen them or they don't hurt enough for me to notice them.
    And mats = money if you start from scratch. You wouldn't understand until you fight a Psy with all equipment with MINIMUM of +5 refines b:sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubycc - Heavens Tear
    Rubycc - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If there are 2-3 melee archer skills, I haven't seen them or they don't hurt enough for me to notice them.
    And mats = money if you start from scratch. You wouldn't understand until you fight a Psy with all equipment with MINIMUM of +5 refines b:sad.

no, spending RL money in boutique = money X3
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    And mats = money if you start from scratch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010

LOL. Have you actually been playing the game or just made everything up by looking at third party sites?
    Since your assumed calculation is wrong... the damage doesn't matter just cause it can kill. At level where stuff really matters thunderstorm IS NOT enough to kill... its enough to nudge a BM over the edge if hes balancing on the brink of life and death.
    You don't notice archer's close range phy attacks? Have you been fighting against archers? For certain group of archers (I am not going to do your homework for you... you can go look it up), their strongest melee range attack is actually physical in terms of raw damage. While for others their physical attack is on par with their magical. And since light armor has lower phy resistance than magical, you should be taking more damage from physicals.
    No **** mats equals money. I am saying not just psysics farm for mats... any class can do that. Just like any class can drop a few bucks and get +10. Your statement that psysics don't level and farm is really stupid.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • AzakidEA - Lost City
    AzakidEA - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Chill of deep + stealth+burst+innerharmony+wolfemblem+powerdash+ribstrike = LA-Arcane first hit average second hit if crit = 4-9k = 2 hit kill

Stealth(nochill of deep) + burst+ innerhamony+ wolf emblem +tangling mire+ powerdash +100% normal attack = heavy class 1k-2ks at a speed of 1.23 without interval gear or 1.5-+ with interv =dead

all these are lvl10 for me except powerdash which is lvl 9, so may have less damage for lower levels at 80+ this is the damage stats and works perfectly
    b:kiss to all ive killed b:kiss
    IJS b:surrender
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Chill of deep + stealth+burst+innerharmony+wolfemblem+powerdash+ribstrike = LA-Arcane first hit average second hit if crit = 4-9k = 2 hit kill

Stealth(nochill of deep) + burst+ innerhamony+ wolf emblem +tangling mire+ powerdash +100% normal attack = heavy class 1k-2ks at a speed of 1.23 without interval gear or 1.5-+ with interv =dead

all these are lvl10 for me except powerdash which is lvl 9, so may have less damage for lower levels at 80+ this is the damage stats and works perfectly
    b:kiss to all ive killed b:kiss
    IJS b:surrender

Better to use Tangling Mire or Relentless Courage on HAs?

Just got out of weekly tournament (80-89), and I got 3rd (only 4 people lasted until final chests, 2 of which were in my squad, and one of which was a cool Barb that we didn't wanna PK). Arcane venos = usually one-shot with CotD/Frenzy + Spark + Headhunt coming out of stealth. Took down an Assassin using Spark + Headhunt + Rib + Slipstream, this while his BM squadmate was beating on me. (Note to Assassins: If your Awareness isn't leveled, I will ambush you. ^____^) Couldn't kill the same BM because I had Chill up for the LA/squishies in the room, but I just waited for him to exhaust his chi, used Tackling Slash on him, then dug the chest and tanked his damage after he was unfroze. The most he hit me for was 1.9k with a crit Drake Bash, but most of his axe skills were doing 700-900, and his fists were doing 300 dmg, which with 5k health and full squad buffs weren't near enough to kill me.

Obviously wasn't killing him with skills (they were only doing in the range of 700-1.5k with chill up) and I left my mag. atk. genie in my bank. Just wondering if you get better dmg with increased attack speed or tangling mire, since my genie doesn't have enough Vit to use both in fast succession (only 150 energy).
  • AgIaia - Lost City
    AgIaia - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    is this database correst 4 LA http://www.perfectworld.com.my/gameinfo-armor_body.asp

Also the 4dex 1 str works 4 any focus?

and the assault focus what u meant by mp heavy, finally

None, Very Low, Low, Medium, High and Very High how would you place them in skill lvs?

None = lv1 Low= lv2
  • AgIaia - Lost City
    AgIaia - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1 last thing for an ice genie what is the priority in stats distribution?

mag and dex?
  • MissxCleric - Sanctuary
    MissxCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have a question.
    Don't we need Mag too? Cause I saw I needed my Mana for skills too.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have a question.
    Don't we need Mag too? Cause I saw I needed my Mana for skills too.

NOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

NEVER PUT POINTS IN MAGIC

In fact, buy a restat and take that magic to 3 and put those 2 points in dex.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Rikuowns - Dreamweaver
    Rikuowns - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hybrid Build
    Every Even Level: 1 Str, 4 Dex
    Every Odd Level: 1 Str, 1 Vit, 3 Dex
    Pros: Fair attack ratio, survive a few more hits
    Cons: Each fight will take just a little longer to win.

by "every even level" do you mean when you hit a even level or you hit a odd level from and even level??
  • Blide - Lost City
    Blide - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree with Trawne
    lol putting into magic when you are NOT a magic user is always a bad thing...and if you are really wanna be pure dex than get your Vit to 3 aswell as your magic..4 more dex
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted

To every assassin class mate...always focus your minds b:chuckle
  • Miho - Harshlands
    Miho - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thank you so much for writing this nice guide. It has been very helpfull for someone that doesnt know much about assassins like myself as it's still a new class. i've read this guide before starting to lvl up my toon , taking the "assault" approach and so far so good =)

Cheers
  • Zophon - Lost City
    Zophon - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nice guide, inspired me to try making a assasinb:chuckle

sticky ^_^
  • Zophon - Lost City
    Zophon - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    by "every even level" do you mean when you hit a even level or you hit a odd level from and even level??

even lvl = even number = 2-4-6-8-10-etc
    odd lvl = odd number =3-5-7-9-11-ect
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    this is a wonderful guide! tyvm arktone!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
This discussion has been closed.