New to veno class, a few questions

seiferslide
seiferslide Posts: 6 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Venomancer
Is it true that venos fail at pvp unless they have a nix? Also i heard rumors that they have the weakest spell damage.. is this also true? thanks b:victory
Post edited by seiferslide on

Comments

• rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Is it true that venos fail at pvp unless they have a nix? Also i heard rumors that they have the weakest spell damage.. is this also true? thanks b:victory

jups,... the nix is our firebreathing flying chainsaw of hell,... ;-) in the end you will get one,... but before you do so,... than a sawfly will do good as well,... we rely a lot on pets to hit damage,... because they dont get the damage reduction,... ;-)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No they don't fail at pvp and any flying pet of your choice will be good enough a lot go foxform in pvp.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No they don't fail at pvp and any flying pet of your choice will be good enough a lot go foxform in pvp.
    dont listen to this, fox form is just a support set of skills in pvp, not your active fighting style. you can fight just fine with a sawfly pet or a scorpion for indoor pvp. it is true venomancers do have the weakest hitting magics of the magic classes, but they can also be used very quickly, low cast, low cooldown, and low mp cost
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    dont listen to this, fox form is just a support set of skills in pvp, not your active fighting style. you can fight just fine with a sawfly pet or a scorpion for indoor pvp. it is true venomancers do have the weakest hitting magics of the magic classes, but they can also be used very quickly, low cast, low cooldown, and low mp cost

This is the reason most use HA or LA on to go foxform.I have seen my set of HA Venos even the leader of Nef. and former leader of Leg. were HA.Support skills I don't think so.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    most dont go LA, pure magic + arcane robe is the most common build. thats a misconception youre dealing there. the only thing it is good for is support, debuffing or staying alive.

a vit arcane or LA does not need to stay in fox, and should be aiding a pet in killing, not sitting aorund in animal form.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I guess you haven't seen the lders of those 2 big factions then as they are both HA not LA.I have seen a lot more Ha and La Venos.you must not have been playing on Sanc. that long to see it.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I guess you haven't seen the lders of those 2 big factions then as they are both HA not LA.I have seen a lot more Ha and La Venos.you must not have been playing on Sanc. that long to see it.
    ive known akasera, and seen yngwie before, just because they use it, doesnt mean its the best. statistically speaking, on a character sheet, the most well rounded of all builds is vit robe.

id suggest you not infer that i dont know what im talking about, as ive had a 94 veno, and experienced a number of endgame/current game common instances before many people, before certain events transpired.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes we have the lowest spell damage. But combined with our pet's attack and quick attack rate we make a damn good DD. And we dont steal aggro that way since our damage is divided over our pet and ourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Considering classes with higher spell dmg aren't always pure mag, it's not such a big deal. Venos can be considered fail for many reasons, like purge, amp not maxed, etc. Nix isn't what makes a veno great, but it helps.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Veno's like any class is just as effective in PK if they know how to play their class effectively.
    Nix is definately a major factor in most PK situations, for many veno's they will not fight at all without their nix. However, there are a seldom group of veno's in this game who do know how to fight without their nix. A nix does not make a veno good ( I've seen many veno's embarass themselves with a level 100 nix) It's knowing how to use your nix effectively, and knowing how to PK when you can't use a nix.

And yes, veno's do have the weakest damage skills overall, which is why we have a pet.
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Veno's like any class is just as effective in PK if they know how to play their class effectively.
    Nix is definately a major factor in most PK situations, for many veno's they will not fight at all without their nix. However, there are a seldom group of veno's in this game who do know how to fight without their nix. A nix does not make a veno good ( I've seen many veno's embarass themselves with a level 100 nix) It's knowing how to use your nix effectively, and knowing how to PK when you can't use a nix.

And yes, veno's do have the weakest damage skills overall, which is why we have a pet.

Spoken like a true veno!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Why do many never see this? D: The best pets usually have the worst venos as their masters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    let a mage hit a double spark aoe and the sawfly is dead in one shot. Good dmg, but survivability?.. none.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    ive known akasera, and seen yngwie before, just because they use it, doesnt mean its the best. statistically speaking, on a character sheet, the most well rounded of all builds is vit robe.

id suggest you not infer that i dont know what im talking about, as ive had a 94 veno, and experienced a number of endgame/current game common instances before many people, before certain events transpired.

I am only giving out other options if the op decides to go for them.You mean you deleted a 94 Veno.Did you do any TWing at all?
  • MagicVos - Heavens Tear
    MagicVos - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i dont think you need to have a nix to be good in pvp. it goes about how you use your veno in combination with your pet and to use the right skills. and maybe you cant afford a nix. i cant, but i try to be a good veno without nix or herc. maybe that give a bit challenge for yourself.
  • YngWiE - Sanctuary
    YngWiE - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2010

b:shocked

I use LA for the sole reason that phoenix is overpowered. Also, priority targets in TW. I rarely tango with any HA classes other than to drop a purge, LA provides me with more survivability, thus more time for phoenix to work it's magic.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOl sawfly work good:D
    1. use lvl 5 bleed - flash ream, before send pet use ironwood to make flash ream to work better!

2. its barb or BM use barble hood.

3. atk form the air..send pet..that person you will atk..
    going to fly up and atk you..
    then just "run away" ...and pet will atk that person..and y will not be atked..only if "that person" have better fly.<.< easy what to kill ppl who are 10x higer.

i remeber that 80x veno with nix..she said she was pro veno..i duel her without pets..she was in foxfrom did only do 50% dg. before i took her.i was 70..she did't even know who to pk:O omg..
    nix make u stupid.xD thats true so accept it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Kashmiir - Lost City
    Kashmiir - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOl sawfly work good:D
    1. use lvl 5 bleed - flash ream, before send pet use ironwood to make flash ream to work better!

2. its barb or BM use barble hood.

3. atk form the air..send pet..that person you will atk..
    going to fly up and atk you..
    then just "run away" ...and pet will atk that person..and y will not be atked..only if "that person" have better fly.<.< easy what to kill ppl who are 10x higer.

i remeber that 80x veno with nix..she said she was pro veno..i duel her without pets..she was in foxfrom did only do 50% dg. before i took her.i was 70..she did't even know who to pk:O omg..
    nix make u stupid.xD thats true so accept it.

I can only stand it for so long. I believe you mean HOW. and.. I thought many would call "send your pet and run" tactic fail and noobish. There are numerous flames out there accusing venos of not knowing how to pvp cuz all we do is "send your pet in and run".

/facepalms. no. I think this has to be elevated to /facewalls.
  • YngWiE - Sanctuary
    YngWiE - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I can only stand it for so long. I believe you mean HOW. and.. I thought many would call "send your pet and run" tactic fail and noobish. There are numerous flames out there accusing venos of not knowing how to pvp cuz all we do is "send your pet in and run".

/facepalms. no. I think this has to be elevated to /facewalls.

to be fair, in open pk, half of the road to success is to know "who" to pk haha.