Attruibute Assolation On a Level 39 Cleric?

Crescentia - Harshlands
Crescentia - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cleric
I'm starting to have doubts on what attribute I have been investing it.. Every time I level I give all 5 points to magic. I'm a level 39 Cleric, and I think I might have to start actually worrying about where I'm going with this xD

Anyways, I have..

Magic: 122
Dex: 24
Vit: 36
Strength: 36

So, I don't know, I don't die very often, that's because I buy A LOT of mana and healing potions. I buy 100 for each "killing" quest. Like having to kill 40 monsters at my level, you know? So yeah, does anyone have any suggestions?
Post edited by Crescentia - Harshlands on

Comments

• hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    u dont need any dex at all for a cleric u need to get a reset and put them point in strength and magic that what u need the most!!!b:pleasedb:pleased
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Dont put more points in dex, but you probably already have figured that out. I see no need yet for you to get a reset scroll for the points you have in dex, but when you get to higher lvl you may want to.

here is the stickie on builds
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1331

You seem to be on this path with your cleric the most:
    (pasted from the link posted above)
    + Offensive build. Low survivability. High damage and healing power.
    - 7-8 MAG
    - 1 STR
    - 1-2 VIT
    You magic lacks a few points from that build because of the points in dex, but keep putting some in mag the next lvls and you will be fine.

Also, how are you skills? have you lvled the plume shell, ironheart and buffs? Buying that many mana potions is normal, you will run through mana insanely, thats a cleric, but 100 health pots every 40 mobs tells me that either you dont heal yourself enough, or you do but your heals arent up to date.
    What i used to do when i had a hard time on mobs is ironheart myself 2/3 times before attacking, then get 2-3 shots in, use ih again, etc..
    As ironheart stacks you will be ok without healing pots, and will only need to use those in emergiencies.
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    assolation

GG
  • RayCrusher - Lost City
    RayCrusher - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I got another account with a pretty good cleric who is hard to kill in PK fights. My build is:
    Even: 2mp, 2vit, 1str
    Odd:2mp, 1str, 1vit, 1dex
  • Darith - Dreamweaver
    Darith - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I got another account with a pretty good cleric who is hard to kill in PK fights. My build is:

Sounds a lil' fail =/
  • Crescentia - Harshlands
    Crescentia - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Dont put more points in dex, but you probably already have figured that out. I see no need yet for you to get a reset scroll for the points you have in dex, but when you get to higher lvl you may want to.

here is the stickie on builds
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1331

You seem to be on this path with your cleric the most:
    (pasted from the link posted above)
    + Offensive build. Low survivability. High damage and healing power.
    - 7-8 MAG
    - 1 STR
    - 1-2 VIT
    You magic lacks a few points from that build because of the points in dex, but keep putting some in mag the next lvls and you will be fine.

Also, how are you skills? have you lvled the plume shell, ironheart and buffs? Buying that many mana potions is normal, you will run through mana insanely, thats a cleric, but 100 health pots every 40 mobs tells me that either you dont heal yourself enough, or you do but your heals arent up to date.
    What i used to do when i had a hard time on mobs is ironheart myself 2/3 times before attacking, then get 2-3 shots in, use ih again, etc..
    As ironheart stacks you will be ok without healing pots, and will only need to use those in emergiencies.

Okay well, I keep healing pots with me because I always get really lazy, and sometimes when you're killing something, you can't stop and heal in front of it. So I have to keep fighting, and just click the potion button to save myself. Get it? lol
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Okay well, I keep healing pots with me because I always get really lazy, and sometimes when you're killing something, you can't stop and heal in front of it. So I have to keep fighting, and just click the potion button to save myself. Get it? lol

Actually, you can. But is very risky since he can interrupt your heal and hurt you at the same time, putting you in more danger than before. It is better to use IH at the beggining or after the first attack while he's runnin' to get you in range.

Try the common grind combo:

Whirlwind (can slow the mob) -> IronHeart -> Plume Shot -> Plume Shot -> Plume Shot -> IronHeart -> Plume Shot ... Rinse and repeat till mod is dead

Also, if you are having hard time killin' a mob, try kittin him (hit and run) running and whirldwind him to slow him till he's dead (or plume shot if he's magic resistant). It may be slower but it'll save your pretty butt.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RayCrusher - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Sounds a lil' fail =/
    <.< dude im lvl80 cleric so dont call me fail i last long in PK and i kill faster
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    <.< dude im lvl80 cleric so dont call me fail i last long in PK and i kill faster

Being a higher level doesn't mean you automatically can't be a fail. And looking at your build it seems you have about 40 dex. For what? wearing lv30 light armor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2010

sure 4 mag each 2 lvls your damage and healing will be at extremly high lvl so how did you gain such great m.atack did you +12 your wep?b:chuckle

now on a serious note your build is fail
    you need 6 mag each 2 lvls for an up to date wep so your damage and healing will suck period
    you need only 1 str each 2 lvls for up to date weps and AA

and for the dex refer to what Nowitsawn posted
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Being a higher level doesn't mean you automatically can't be a fail. And looking at your build it seems you have about 40 dex. For what? wearing lv30 light armor?

Couldn't have said it any better myself, as a cleric you should have no logical reasoning for having that much dex, unless you want to wear dual wielded weapons or heavy/light armor which will just make you fail at DD'ing.

There can even be 100+ noobs, your level means nothing. It's the way you use your class to the best of your capabilities.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • RayCrusher - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Couldn't have said it any better myself, as a cleric you should have no logical reasoning for having that much dex, unless you want to wear dual wielded weapons or heavy/light armor which will just make you fail at DD'ing.

There can even be 100+ noobs, your level means nothing. It's the way you use your class to the best of your capabilities.
    I stopped adding dex until i had enough for lvl30stuff then i changed the dex into mp then once i need dex again i started adding a little but i do like 2k-4k crit on lvl 70s
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I stopped adding dex until i had enough for lvl30stuff then i changed the dex into mp then once i need dex again i started adding a little but i do like 2k-4k crit on lvl 70s

yeah great damage but my lvl 40 cleric alt can crit up to 3k
    by 70 i hope that damage is non crit lol
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Darith - Dreamweaver
    Darith - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yeah great damage but my lvl 40 cleric alt can crit up to 3k
    by 70 i hope that damage is non crit lol

I'm lvl 56 and with my lvl 50 supply stash magic sword I've crit up to 8,860 on a lvl 54 mob. I am also the only Cleric in the group of friends and family I've joined with so I need the higher magic to make sure I am ontop of my heals.