Quality of the today's Players

Comments

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This was my first MMO, and I'm willing to admit that I've made most of these mistakes at least once on my cleric. By the time I reached 60, I had most of it figured out.

The only excuse I could come up with is incompetent players, or people leveling too fast. Not just from oracles, but all the other dailies that we got that gives you a level a day.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Everytime I've been on vent with Swaze, he was chill b:pleased
    im more used to guy voices like hispazn b:chuckle more lively n fun. Its not often you get to laugh so much your cheeks hurt from muscle strain the next day b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wow, amazing how far this thread has come. XD

I know I'm not very high level but I'd still like to comment. I have noticed the same problem that the original poster pointed out. Some high levels I've met are... reckless to say the least. They think they know what they're doing, but when they rush forward too fast, well... It's nothing pleasant.

I would also like to note that BHs have actually trained me as a cleric. They made me come out of questing/grinding to work in squads and learn the ropes of what to do and what not to do in instances, which provided me with some background experience that allowed me to do TT. I've learned that it's important to keep myself alive to keep the squad alive, especially if I'm the only cleric, and that I can't save all squads all the time. (Ex: When a barb quintuple aggros and runs around in tiger form panicking... healing him is NOT a good idea.) I've learned how I can die easily when healing the wrong person at the wrong time. I've learned how purify can cut down on my mp use considerably on bosses like Wyvern. Learning to play your class is all a matter of trial and error. I **** up, I learn from it, and it was from BH mishaps that I've become better at being a cleric in squad.

Sadly, it doesn't work that way for everyone. I first encountered veritable idiots (among awesome squadmates) when I did bh39, who were reckless, rushed a lot and thought that having a cleric meant that they were invincible or they were guaranteed not to die. Originally I thought that it would improve the higher I climb in lvl but... it turns out that I was wrong. Even in bh51, I've encountered quite a few people who have no clue how to play their class whatsoever. For example, one cleric I squaded with healed recklessly (and a lot more than necessary) and got aggro a lot. Another barb was so... squishy... that on Wyvern I had to spam heal him like mad just to keep his hp stable. Chances are that it won't get any better when I do bh59 with random squads... =(
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    bit of advice to OP, do BH's with fixed squads, the higher you go, the worst it gets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Dark_Exile - Raging Tide
    Dark_Exile - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    FLAME!!!!!

nuff said
    Death is only the beginning.....

Vae Victus
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol; this thread gave me a headache b:laugh
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't even do BH daily , never even 3 per day cuz it's lvling ya too fast thus diminishing the enjoyment of doing silly stuff at lower lvls b:laugh . Also I think that quest that u get at 40+ giving u like 5 lvls is another mistake as well , pretty much like free oracles .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    quality of today's player that are 80+: dead harpy, lunar glade completed, frost city completed, tt3-3 solo (seen that youtube video w/ that archer?) or in 2 hour max, best pker: wizzeled, and everything everyone mentioned in this thread before.

point is that today's player are not necessary worst than players before, maybe even better b:pleased of course there are always some noobs, i can 100% say 1 year ago there were noobs that were 60+ too cause i was playing 1 year ago and i know there were

theres probably more noobs today, but theres more pros today too
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    quality of today's player that are 80+: dead harpy, lunar glade completed, frost city completed, tt3-3 solo (seen that youtube video w/ that archer?) or in 2 hour max, best pker: wizzeled, and everything everyone mentioned in this thread before.

point is that today's player are not necessary worst than players before, maybe even better b:pleased of course there are always some noobs, i can 100% say 1 year ago there were noobs that were 60+ too cause i was playing 1 year ago and i know there were

theres probably more noobs today, but theres more pros today too

And what quantifies a pro? Doing your job in pve? **** in pk?

all.sub.jec.tive. :P
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010

b:tired pro ? b:surprised where ? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010

PK. A good PK'er will always be respected more than even the most skilled PvE player, that's just the way things work. =/ 99% of endgame players ARE heavily competitive. It's what keeps people playing once the novelty of hitting 10x wears off.
    Large factions want skilled PK'ers to **** things in TW for them. As for PvE people don't really seem to care less as long as your level is a big number and you're a popular class. (cleric/barb)
    edited February 2010
    PK. A good PK'er will always be respected more than even the most skilled PvE player, that's just the way things work. =/ 99% of endgame players ARE heavily competitive. It's what keeps people playing once the novelty of hitting 10x wears off.
    Large factions want skilled PK'ers to **** things in TW for them. As for PvE people don't really seem to care less as long as your level is a big number and you're a popular class. (cleric/barb)

gratz on 90, and yeah you seriously need to get your priorities straight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    gratz on 90, and yeah you seriously need to get your priorities straight.

Eh? O.o

10char
  • WitchTamer - Sanctuary
    WitchTamer - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Who here thinks that Hyper Stones will produce plenty of pro's say I!
    Main = WitchBurner
  • Dark_Exile - Raging Tide
    Dark_Exile - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    oh witch we both know it will create wiped "pro" fb tt fc squads and super epic uber powerful pkers we can 1 shot lol
    Death is only the beginning.....

Vae Victus
  • WitchTamer - Sanctuary
    WitchTamer - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol pretty much what I'm hopin Dark xD
    Main = WitchBurner
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well most of the people that do the hyperstone or oracles already have an established main that are 90+. they are not as bad as you guys may think (i also wished they didnt know how to play another class but the truth is they learn fast and do know what they are doing).b:cry and also they know how to equip their alt b:surrender

on that note, i also hate oracles and hyperstone users b:angry
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    well most of the people that do the hyperstone or oracles already have an established main that are 90+. they are not as bad as you guys may think (i also wished they didnt know how to play another class but the truth is they learn fast and do know what they are doing).b:cry and also they know how to equip their alt b:surrender

on that note, i also hate oracles and hyperstone users b:angry

I have an established main at 90, (and an 8x alt and a mass of lower ones) but if I had a bunch of spare gold to buy hyper stones and oracles....I'd wait the week or two extra it would take to level and put the money into my gear instead.

Even if you have the money to buy awesome gear, truth is if you didn't oracle and hyper, you'd have epicly-awesome gear instead.
    edited February 2010
    Hello my dear sanctuarians , how are you on this nasty winter ? Here I bring you even more omgfailoraclenoobz that the Pimp meet's along his journey on the fish server a.k.a. Raging Tide .

Upon having a duel with a lvl 72 bm I practice out my low lvl stuns in order to try & master the art of a perfect stun-lock while using a spear to DPS .

Now , the interesting part come's after the duel where this pro dude want's to show his superiority in playing our class by giving some advice to a lower lvl .

Normally , you'd say that's a good thing , but not if they look like this :

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7093/20100210111912.png
    It's all about LoL,yo.
    edited February 2010
    just one thing why arent you wearing a pant ? dude ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nice attire aya...full suit on top, pantless on bottom >.<

...i must say tho, as a bm i find myself low on sparks constantly at low levels. it's awkward to spark manage in a fight for me, seeing as how my other chars have all been ranged with not so much spark dependency...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Looking good Aya =D
    I have that same jacket. same color too :p

And yeah trying to build chi with axes is fail xD
    DPS with fists <3 Spears are loverly too <33
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Drake bash is obviously a horrible skill b:surrender. You should focus on leveling Stream Strike, Tiger Maw and Draw Blood b:cute.
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Nef BM's would use draw blood on me all the time in tw xD
    I like tiger maw and SS >_>
  • _Sheh - Sanctuary
    _Sheh - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hello my dear sanctuarians , how are you on this nasty winter ? Here I bring you even more omgfailoraclenoobz that the Pimp meet's along his journey on the fish server a.k.a. Raging Tide .

Upon having a duel with a lvl 72 bm I practice out my low lvl stuns in order to try & master the art of a perfect stun-lock while using a spear to DPS .

Now , the interesting part come's after the duel where this pro dude want's to show his superiority in playing our class by giving some advice to a lower lvl .

Normally , you'd say that's a good thing , but not if they look like this :

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7093/20100210111912.png

Nono. Whai spark at all?b:embarrass
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Nef BM's would use draw blood on me all the time in tw xD
    I like tiger maw and SS >_>

b:laughb:laughb:laugh Strifeypoo
    You can't see me b:avoid.
    edited February 2010
    Hi , guess who ? Yea it's me again .

Here in tusk town , one of the most memorable & best pk spots for lower lvls & high alike (too bad it ain't visited that much) , there's bound to be at least 1 pker from time to time patrolling the area .

After teasing a lvl 63+ archer by flying/walking/jumping/u name it all over the place ( god I love doing that ) we see how some of the all mighty "CHALLENGE LOVING" pkers of RT want to get their rank up .

He even asks me nicely , now ain't that cute ? b:cute :

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5382/20100211111258.png

So basically it's like saying " Would you be so kind as to stop and let me kill you ?" Now that sound's a bit out of place when trying to pk some1 , no matter how you put it b:embarrass .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    lol 6x an archer should be able to drop you easy b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    *feeds baby panda bamboo shoots*
    Only Asterelle can call me Strifeypoo b:cute

On the note of epic fail... came across this precious memory laying around my hard drive
    http://tinypic.com/r/nr0igl/6

Notice how the tank is asking for a reward as he lays there motionless, having spent his last of his 9 lives. Tsk Tsk. And to think I call him the best barb on the server D:
    This was Asterelle and my first date, such good times even though I had to tank Q_Q
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    OMG that's what Astypoo was wearing at the time? b:dirty b:dirty b:dirty

by the time i met her she'd only wear that dress in public >.>