get your times right please

Options
Zatra - Dreamweaver12
Zatra - Dreamweaver12 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
sticky says server maintenance starts at 11pm pst

thats 2am est time. yet we are getting server shutting down in less than 20 minutes at 11:30 est?

can somebody please wake up and get the story straight
Post edited by Zatra - Dreamweaver12 on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Did you really need a new thread for this? Use the maintenance thread...b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Aarie - Lost City
    Aarie - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Did you really need a new thread for this? Use the maintenance thread...b:sweat

and replying makes you any better? b:shutup
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sticky says server maintenance starts at 11pm pst

thats 2am est time. yet we are getting server shutting down in less than 20 minutes at 11:30 est?

can somebody please wake up and get the story straight

It is really very simple. In fact it is so simple I am surprised I have to even say anything about it.

Dreamweaver is on the East Coast. And it's server time is set to Eastern time, not West coast time.

Thus you are shutting down at 11pm YOUR server time.

Now was that really so very hard to figure out?

~Saitada
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It is really very simple. In fact it is so simple I am surprised I have to even say anything about it.

Dreamweaver is on the East Coast. And it's server time is set to Eastern time, not West coast time.

Now was that really so very hard to figure out?

~Saitada

How about Heaven's Tear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

I thought that too at first, but then I noticed that the announcement specified 11pm PST, so I think the complaint is justified.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How about the fact that the Maint thread clearly states 11pm-1am PST?

Were your theory correct, it would say something along the lines of 11pm-1am server time. And it still doesn't explain the west coast servers also going down 2 hours early.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I thought that too at first, but then I noticed that the announcement specified 11pm PST, so I think the complaint is justified.

Except since the day they opened the East coast servers, they have followed an east coast schedule. Not a west coast schedule.

~S
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Except since the day they opened the East coast servers, they have followed an east coast schedule. Not a west coast schedule.

~S

East coast server maints have always been based off of PST.

Also, it still wouldn't explain the west coast servers going down at 9pm PST.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

~S

Except, they haven't. Maintenance has taken place at the PST times specified in the threads, though daily quests and such have reset at midnight EST.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hmm.. is that so? For some reason I could have sworn they had stated when they opened the east coast servers that they would follow their own time frames. If that is the actual case instead, my bad for having a screwy memory and I apologize for being sarcastic needlessly.

Also.. yeah seems servers are going down an hour early. I always have trouble calculating though as Hawaii doesn't do daylight savings ****.

~Saitada
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Except, they haven't. Maintenance has taken place at the PST times specified in the threads, though daily quests and such have reset at midnight EST.

dont argue with saitada

for he is inteligent because he says so
  • LingBanamu - Lost City
    LingBanamu - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

~S

Sticky thread says PST not EST. There is a 3 hour time difference between the two. Either way, the servers are going down at 11 CST. So I don't know what is going on

-Ling

EDIT: I am slow
    I've moved to LC, perhaps permanently. Goodbye Sanctuary, I know that nobody there knows me. :D
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    dont argue with saitada

for he is inteligent because he says so

I can spell Intelligent properly. Guess that means I am 1 up on you huh?

Also notice something magic ****. I accept when I make mistakes. And even better, I publicly acknowledge them. Go figure huh? Oh btw little boy. I have always done that, it isn't anything new.

~Saitada
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    certain events revolve around EST on EST servers, such as CS removal things. it is quite possible the notice was human error.or it is quite possible the post on the times was human error. either way, it's happening, so let's not go apeship on this.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I can spell Intelligent properly. Guess that means I am 1 up on you huh?

~Saitada

ah so predictable

i was aware that i spelled it incorreclty for there is a re squiglly underneath the word when u spell it wrong

i knew that you wuld point it out

b:chuckle

imo i reckon the person who would actually bother to fix such a trivial error stupider than the person who didnt give a damn ijs
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    east or west idk and idc. all i know is usually, maint is at 2 am for me. it's 11:54 now, and ppl are jumping off bridges crying maint in 5 mins...

why is it early?
  • Ana_I - Sanctuary
    Ana_I - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its just sad when u find out what PST is at your time got to TT open door and whoops 1 mob killed and update in 20 minutes.Next time write server time and its easy not PST.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's the PWI way, doncha know? b:surrender

Seriously though, I've been burned by false/inaccurate statements enough times to know not to trust them. I'm sure there's some honest mistake involved, there always is, every time it happens, repeatedly, again and again and again...

In fact, about 10 minutes before the servers started going down my evil girlfriend predicted it perfectly. She was buying/selling Coral and wanted to make sure she got her assets invested correctly before maintenance. So she finished up early, just to be sure, "in case maintenance starts early", and sure enough right on schedule, the servers started going down early.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ah so predictable

i was aware that i spelled it incorreclty for there is a re squiglly underneath the word when u spell it wrong

imo i reckon the person who would actually bother to fix such a trivial error stupider than the person who didnt give a damn ijs

Good story brah.

~S
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ah so predictable

in a battle of whits, you will never win, Sai knows far more than you do
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Closing this please keep it to the official maintenance thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.