Pan Gu's Giant Axe VS Gatherstorm

Godly - Raging Tide
Godly - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Barbarian
Pan Gu's Giant Axe
Stats
HP +205
Vitality +14-15
Shield of Chi: Has a chance to cast a shield of chi around you which reduces all damage taken by 20%

Gatherstorm
Stats
Strength +14-15
Critical Hit Rate +2%
Revenge: Has a chance to recover 5% HP,
and increase physical attack.

Pros vs Cons

I am a sage CT Barb, so obviously i am going for Pan Gu's Giant Axe, although i get told by everyone that gatherstorm is better?

I can see how Gatherstorm is better PvP wise, but i think Pan Gu's is better for a CT barb. The only Flaw with Pan gu is if you cast Invoke the Spirit, and the weapon procs, it overides the 90% reduction and makes it a 20% reduction to all dmg. All you have to do is just do not hit anything during the 20 seconds that Invoke is up.

I am in need of opinions on whether i should try to get gatherstorm too? Or should i just get GX's (TT90 gold axes) instead.

- Godly
Post edited by Godly - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Your only concern as a cat barb is HP, pdef and mdef.

If you are a true cat barb, use Calamity Axes of Blood.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Cat barb + Pan Gu's Axe = Good Idea, use GX for other things.
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Cat barb + Pan Gu's Axe = Good Idea, use GX for other things.

Cat barbs don't hit things in TW... therefore no chi shield.

Use Calamity Axes, opens up almost 50 STR pts you can put into VIT. Not to mention Calamity's have a huge VIT/HP bonus on their own.

• Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010

Use Calamity Axes, opens up almost 50 STR pts you can put into VIT. Not to mention Calamity's have a huge VIT/HP bonus on their own.

Hmm then theres a lot of silly barbs using that in tw then o.o.
  • Godly - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    TT90 gear requires 227 strength, so i'd only be geting 35ish Vitality, which isnt worth it to me. Pan gu (When it does proc) will save me more than an extra 400 hp..
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    What about when i get to the Crystal or Towers and start hitting them? The weapon would proc and id get the 20%

.. You shouldn't be meleeing towers/crystals. <_<
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Hmm then theres a lot of silly barbs using that in tw then o.o.

Of this, I have absolutely no doubt. b:laughb:chuckle

• Godly - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010

I can see me not meleeing Crystals, Why not towers? Not like im doing dmg, im just trying to get weapon to proc while Cat does the work
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    people don't use Pan Gu's in TW's cause of the chi shield its because the HP it adds
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited February 2010

You sir are an idiot, to wear the event gear you need that much str anyhow. If you're not in event gear you don't have the hp to pull a cata now a days.

Also it give more hp than XS AND on top of that if you aren't hitting things in tw with that axe, frankly you're doing it wrong and you shouldn't be allowed to touch a catapult in any way shape or form because you clearly have no idea what you're doing.

IF you're using that axe you should always be hitting whatever tower your on, or if @ the crystal hitting it as well. Or if there is a mage zhen on your cancel it with alacrity etc.

and idk where you get the chi shield overrides the weapon proc because we've tested it in duels and both icons show up and I still have the turtle reduction, it even stacks with blue ball.
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Godly - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    people don't use Pan Gu's in TW's cause of the chi shield its because the HP it adds

Cat barbs should use them because of the chi shield tho, thats the entire reason im getting them is the 20% reduction to all dmg... that reduction could save me, at least for long enough for my cat to deal more dmg, me to possibly get invoke off again, It seems like a great idea for CT barbs.
  • darksniper00
    darksniper00 Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The only Flaw with Pan gu is if you cast Invoke the Spirit, and the weapon procs, it overides the 90% reduction and makes it a 20% reduction to all dmg.

Pretty sure this has been proven wrong and that it doesn't override the bless from invoke.
    DarkSniper - 83 archer - quit

The only way to win the game is to leave it
  • Godly - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Pretty sure this has been proven wrong and that it doesn't override the bless from invoke.

Well i certainly HOPE im wrong, cuz that would be amazing :D
  • Feral_Wrath - Lost City
    Feral_Wrath - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Pan Ghus is hands down the best weapon for high lvl catapullers, even if only for the hp factor. You could restat for calamities, this might be okay for low 9x's if they want to make that sacrifice, but you'd never be able to wear the 99 armor set, and theres no way i'm going to miss out on that. b:laugh

But on the subject of gatherstorm, it seems like a very good pvp weapon. Ive seen one or two on my server. Is it some ultra rare drop in frost? Would love to get my hands on one.
  • darksniper00
    edited February 2010
    Well i certainly HOPE im wrong, cuz that would be amazing :D
    I know for a fact that it's been proven that the shield of chi doesn't override the bless from a cleric's BB.

• Godly - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    I know for a fact that it's been proven that the shield of chi doesn't override the bless from a cleric's BB.

alright i wasnt talking about BB tho, i was talking about the weapon proc overiding my 59 skill Invoke the Spirit
  • darksniper00
    edited February 2010
    Well yea but if it doesn't override BB then I fail to see why it would override Invoke.

• Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have been using BOTH pan gu and gatherstorm for a while now, and shield of chi stacks with invoke, not overrides. Gatherstorm was (sold it to fund GX's) a great pve weapon for grinding as well as pvp, due to the 5% hp recovery proc, the fast dps and and added crit were nice too.
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited February 2010

But on the subject of gatherstorm, it seems like a very good pvp weapon. Ive seen one or two on my server. Is it some ultra rare drop in frost? Would love to get my hands on one.

Yeah it is quite a rare drop .24% under normal drops

on our server i have seen it at about 27mil
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    You sir are an idiot, to wear the event gear you need that much str anyhow. If you're not in event gear you don't have the hp to pull a cata now a days.

Also it give more hp than XS AND on top of that if you aren't hitting things in tw with that axe, frankly you're doing it wrong and you shouldn't be allowed to touch a catapult in any way shape or form because you clearly have no idea what you're doing.

IF you're using that axe you should always be hitting whatever tower your on, or if @ the crystal hitting it as well. Or if there is a mage zhen on your cancel it with alacrity etc.

and idk where you get the chi shield overrides the weapon proc because we've tested it in duels and both icons show up and I still have the turtle reduction, it even stacks with blue ball.

lol, it's been months since I visited this forum and still the world's greatest moron forum troll DestroyTokyo has something **** to say.

I read your post a few times, sadly, but I think I managed to get your point(s):

-If you don't have full event gear, you obviously suck.
    -If you use a weapon that has a proc, you should attack things.
    -If you compare the numbers on 2 weapons, you will see that one surely provides more of X than the other.

Thanks Tokyo, you really sorted everything out for us failure n00b barbs. /fu b:victory

edited February 2010
    lol, it's been months since I visited this forum and still the world's greatest moron forum troll DestroyTokyo has something **** to say.

I read your post a few times, sadly, but I think I managed to get your point(s):

-If you don't have full event gear, you obviously suck.
    -If you use a weapon that has a proc, you should attack things.
    -If you compare the numbers on 2 weapons, you will see that one surely provides more of X than the other.

Thanks Tokyo, you really sorted everything out for us failure n00b barbs. /fu b:victory

LOLUMAD? Sorry I called you out on being terribly misinformed, is this why no one in your server has owned a whole map yet? Because wb like you pass a decent?

Lets be honest though/

- If you don't have event gear your hp isn't going to be what it should be hence you shouldn't be touching a cata.

- I said the weapon proc for chi shield, l2reed plz

Sounds like the pve scrub just is upset the pvp tank knows more about his class than you.

Sorry I don't like lowbie hp wbs spreading their ignorance around on a forum meant to help others of our class.
    9x WB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    LOLUMAD? Sorry I called you out on being terribly misinformed, is this why no one in your server has owned a whole map yet? Because wb like you pass a decent?

Lets be honest though/

- If you don't have event gear your hp isn't going to be what it should be hence you shouldn't be touching a cata.

- I said the weapon proc for chi shield, l2reed plz

Sounds like the pve scrub just is upset the pvp tank knows more about his class than you.

Sorry I don't like lowbie hp wbs spreading their ignorance around on a forum meant to help others of our class.

LOLAMIMAD? No, I don't get mad when a l33tster kid on the internet insults the size of my ePeen.

Unlike WB's of your lofty HP figures, I didn't spam my mom's credit card to get to where I am with my char.

Unlike WB's of your assuredly incredible pvp prowess, I didn't get my notoriety in pk from pressing the Arma hotkey.

And lastly, unlike WB's of your steadfast belief that 'if you aren't event gear, you ain't ****', nothing makes me smile wider than chopping 3k-5k+ non-crit non-zerk hits through every single roflomg$$$ build that comes my way outside SZ.

But by all means, enjoy your internet victory Tokyo. Looks like I took the bait, here's your prize: b:kissb:kissb:kissb

edited February 2010
    LOLAMIMAD? No, I don't get mad when a l33tster kid on the internet insults the size of my ePeen.

Unlike WB's of your lofty HP figures, I didn't spam my mom's credit card to get to where I am with my char.

Unlike WB's of your assuredly incredible pvp prowess, I didn't get my notoriety in pk from pressing the Arma hotkey.

And lastly, unlike WB's of your steadfast belief that 'if you aren't event gear, you ain't ****', nothing makes me smile wider than chopping 3k-5k+ non-crit non-zerk hits through every single roflomg$$$ build that comes my way outside SZ.

But by all means, enjoy your internet victory Tokyo. Looks like I took the bait, here's your prize: b:kissb:kissb:kissb

Lol, it's no internet victory, just keeping it real like my siggy says.

You said you have +7 gx right? unless you have like 400 str or people on your server run around in really mediocre gear you're not hitting people for that unless you're in spark with no crit or zerk... unless you're fighitng people in 8x armor b:chuckle

And 2nd of all!.... The credit card is in MY name, my father just pays for it... so get your facts straight!
    9x WB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I have 297 STR.

The rest I'll leave to your imagination, bb b:victoryb:laugh

• Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2010

erm, from people who have the axe they say that chi shield turns on when they are being hit..not when they hit things. and pan gus axe also has a lower str requirement then tt90, tt99 axes so it can also have this effect.

one word, CHI b:pleased
    when i pulled cata id target the tower and start melee attacking it spamming frighten and roar and making sure bestial rage is always on= chi machine sunder and invoke in alternation based on cool down and i was basically unstoppable, until people exploited annipacks and got disgustingly rich and have +12 weapons b:shocked

but anyway when i first saw gatherstorm there was nothing about it anywhere it as like it didn't exist >.> the person who had it didn't speak English well so all i knew is that it was definitely a frost weapon wasn't sue how to get it so my search commenced XD needles to say i never got it b:cry but it did start popping up more recently. and although its stats are nice teh base attack on it is too low i think =/
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    As far as I can tell shield of chi procs only when YOU hit something else, not get hit by something. And c'mon, gatherstorm has too low base attack? Its damage is almost identical to tt90 dual axes, it has +14-15str for added damage, revenge with +10phys attack and 5% health regen, +2% crit, and faster attack rate/higher refine rate to boot. Consider you can wield one at only 85 as well, and its a powerhouse second only to tt90 gold GX's at less than half the price and has resale value. Epic win for the value minded.
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i love my gatherstorm b:victoryb:pleased
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    its good for when you are 85-98 i suppose but as a barb your not going to get much out of it i tested out my physical attack and it was much higher with tt90 axes on, the only think that helps the gatherstorm is the additional stats. sell your gatherstorm buy an ancient devil soul and save up for GX if you want attack power. otherwise save your money b:chuckle don't get em wrong i think gatherstorm is a great axe, but not sure if i would use it myself unless i could afford to refine it highly. plus i would be too tempted to re-stat str into vit or dex >.just gonna go tt99 gold and upgrade to nirvana :D

and i was told that shield of chi activates when you are hit, so guess its time to do some testing b:shutup

was just told by someone that i trust more then the original person that told me how shield of chi works, and apparently it is when you hit stuff >.>

excuse me while i kick someones butt b:laugh