More than 1 account

Cocoken - Lost City
Cocoken - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Is it against the rule that u have more than 1 account?
Post edited by Cocoken - Lost City on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    no⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    make more then 1 account is not bannable but running more then 1 account on 1 one computer is

running more then 1 account on multiple computer on same ip is not bannable
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Cocoken - Lost City
    Cocoken - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Do you mean running 2 accounts at the same time can get banned?
    Or no matter what 2 accounts on 1 computer can be banned?
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    2 accounts ran on 1 computer at same is bannable, 2 accounts on 2 different computers is fine
  • GotBanhammer - Sanctuary
    GotBanhammer - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And posting on a forum when your main account is banned is bannable I believe... b:avoid
    b:shocked Yeowch! That banhammer hits hard! b:chuckle
  • x31n
    x31n Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have multiple :D i havent been banned
  • MrFleaBag - Heavens Tear
    MrFleaBag - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm a Multi-Tasker. I have 2 Characters running on seperate computers. I enjoy this alot, was challenge at first getting use to using 2 mice/keyboards, and having to watch 2 monitors. But I got quite adept at it, really enjoy it now. I have a couple questions regarding multi-PC playing.

1) Is there a Max on how many Computers I setup to play?

2) I already know your only allowed 1 account/game installed per computer, but If i were to setup a 3rd PC as a shop or something, would it be against the rules if I used one of the computers to Remote Desktop the 3rd computer and control it using a 2nd monitor (Playstation Portable screen) connected to my main PC?
    I ask this because i have a 3rd PC right now that I have setup as my Media Center PC, but in the down time when my daughter isn't using it to watch her shows, I'd like to remote into it and play a 3rd account. I also curiouse about this before i spend money on a better video card to be able to play the game on it, and before i waste more time looking for a Remote Desktop program that will allow me to run the game (Remote desktops can be very limiting on abilities).

Thx

HPIM3894-1.jpg
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm a Multi-Tasker. I have 2 Characters running on seperate computers. I enjoy this alot, was challenge at first getting use to using 2 mice/keyboards, and having to watch 2 monitors. But I got quite adept at it, really enjoy it now. I have a couple questions regarding multi-PC playing.

1) Is there a Max on how many Computers I setup to play?

2) I already know your only allowed 1 account/game installed per computer, but If i were to setup a 3rd PC as a shop or something, would it be against the rules if I used one of the computers to Remote Desktop the 3rd computer and control it using a 2nd monitor (Playstation Portable screen) connected to my main PC?
    I ask this because i have a 3rd PC right now that I have setup as my Media Center PC, but in the down time when my daughter isn't using it to watch her shows, I'd like to remote into it and play a 3rd account. I also curiouse about this before i spend money on a better video card to be able to play the game on it, and before i waste more time looking for a Remote Desktop program that will allow me to run the game (Remote desktops can be very limiting on abilities).

Thx

HPIM3894-1.jpg

Wow, awesome setup. I'd love to do this in the future.
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ^yeah, that is pretty nice! and, yes, legal.

Two actively leveling accounts are okay, given that you play both by actually being at your computers like in the above example. One or two inactive catshop/bank accounts are okay too, as long as they don't have gibberish registration info or names.

Going crazy with registration and creating dozens of fake accounts will often result in being blocked from PWI entirely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Sihndra wrote: »
    ^yeah, that is pretty nice! and, yes, legal.

Two actively leveling accounts are okay, given that you play both by actually being at your computers like in the above example. One or two inactive catshop/bank accounts are okay too, as long as they don't have gibberish registration info or names.

Going crazy with registration and creating dozens of fake accounts will often result in being blocked from PWI entirely.

Thx, I like the setup. build the PC'z myself. I will eventually have a much better setup than this. (And the PSP i'm using as a 2nd monitor isn't in this pic.)

Kool, good to know about having more that 2 going, as long as someone doesn't go too nutz. And of course i respect Developers enough not to be stupid with my name and stuff. 8>)
    Mainly need an extra account on the 3rd PC for a cat shop, as running a lvl81 Tank and Lv81 Cleric is very expencive on pots and repairs, and with being a highly called upon person for our faction, becaue of the characters i have and my mutlitasking ability, i never get to set up shops to sell stuff. And AH has it'z limitations and is convienent for some things, but not everything.

About the 2nd part of my question, just so i'm clear. Am I allowed to use a remote PC program to controle the 3rd PC? Which would be running as a window on my main PC, so both would have same mouse/keyboard, just not controlling both at same time (Shop would be minimized afk sort of deal)
  • Pinkiny - Raging Tide
    Pinkiny - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sihndra wrote: »
    Two actively leveling accounts are okay, given that you play both by actually being at your computers like in the above example. One or two inactive catshop/bank accounts are okay too, as long as they don't have gibberish registration info or names[/COLOR]
    So having 1 Account i play with on my main Computer.
    And 2 other Accounts (each on its own Computer) with a Catstore each (one is mine, on that for a friend) is ok ?

Registration info on them of course is how it should be with correct data b:pleased
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thx, I like the setup. build the PC'z myself. I will eventually have a much better setup than this. (And the PSP i'm using as a 2nd monitor isn't in this pic.)

Kool, good to know about having more that 2 going, as long as someone doesn't go too nutz. And of course i respect Developers enough not to be stupid with my name and stuff. 8>)
    Mainly need an extra account on the 3rd PC for a cat shop, as running a lvl81 Tank and Lv81 Cleric is very expencive on pots and repairs, and with being a highly called upon person for our faction, becaue of the characters i have and my mutlitasking ability, i never get to set up shops to sell stuff. And AH has it'z limitations and is convienent for some things, but not everything.

About the 2nd part of my question, just so i'm clear. Am I allowed to use a remote PC program to controle the 3rd PC? Which would be running as a window on my main PC, so both would have same mouse/keyboard, just not controlling both at same time (Shop would be minimized afk sort of deal)

if the client is running on a 3rd separate computer and you are just running a program to control that client remotely you are fine. if you are having 2 clients running on the same machine and just windowing 1 of them that is against the rules. in the end all that matters is that you have a separate tower running each client. you can use a kva switch or remote computing all you want as long as you follow that one rule.

also i like your setup. mine isnt as organized as yours is. i have 2 computers in 1 room and 2 in another room so it gets annoying when i want to log more than 2 at a time.
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, i figured it would be okey, just wanna make sure of the gray areas. Don't wanna spend a year or so play'n, just to get ban'd. 8>)

Foxgrit if i find a decent remote access program, I'll let ya know. Will be looking for one that allows maximume usage, with least resource usage. Windows 7 has it built in, but thinking there are limitations, as i already tried and the game launcher will run and update, but game wont launch, thinking either the PC needs a better Video card put in it, or something with the Remote Desktop not allowing it. May have to try Remote Desktop later instead.
  • Pinkiny - Raging Tide
    Pinkiny - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Every VNC should get the Job done, i recccomend UltraVNC.

The Game should be run in Window Mode when using this.
    Also you NEED to disable the Display Hook Driver of UltraVNC because that will give you problem with the game.
  • Gundameister - Sanctuary
    Gundameister - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i have a question? if any use a Virtual machine ofr run secod or third client? its legal or no? really its heavy whit virtual machines, i use virtual machines for programing test, (work), and i dont know if any can use virtual machines inside one main computer and use one client for each virtual machine? honstly i never will use this cuz its very heavy for my pc T_T but its a good question?
  • ElDante - Harshlands
    ElDante - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm usually playing from a PC and a laptop at once. AOE grinding with mage+bm is awesome ^^
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i have a question? if any use a Virtual machine ofr run secod or third client? its legal or no? really its heavy whit virtual machines, i use virtual machines for programing test, (work), and i dont know if any can use virtual machines inside one main computer and use one client for each virtual machine? honstly i never will use this cuz its very heavy for my pc T_T but its a good question?

Bannable, according to previous GM replies. Doesn't matter what method you use to run 2 clients on 1 machine, it's verboten.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1 device (be that a PC/Mac/Netbook/Iphone/Linuxbox etc.) with 1 PWI client = oke
    1 device (be that a PC/Mac/Netbook/Iphone/Linuxbox etc.) with 2 PWI clients NOT oke
    1 device (be that a PC/Mac/Netbook/Iphone/Linuxbox etc.) with 1 PWI client running in VirtualBox/VMware player/Parallels = oke
    1 device (be that a PC/Mac/Netbook/Iphone/Linuxbox etc.) with 2 PWI clients in Virtualbox/VMware player/Parallels NOT oke
    1 device (be that a PC/Mac/Netbook/Iphone/Linuxbox etc.) with 1 PWI client running directly on host OS-software (be that some Windows flavor/linux) and 1 client in Virtualbox/VMware Player/Paralells NOT oke

Additional notes:
    Linux is not supported nor running a client in a virtual enviroment.
    Max amount of accounts a person is allowed to "own/register" = 3.
    Running the client in a sandbox = oke (sandboxie software). Keep in mind that sand-boxing the client can result in errors as the game has a separate executable acting as a sandbox/anti-key-logger already.

1 device running 1 PWI client and 2 Jade Dynasty (JD) clients = oke but only 1 JD client may be used for leveling a character. The non-leveling client can be a Level 1 shop only.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just curoius, whats the real difference in running 2 clients on 1 machine, from using 2 machines behind a router? Either way its still 2 acounts running from 1 ip address.
    edited February 2010
    Ask Tech support/GM. Just know that I had lengthy emails and chats with eatwithspoons gathering the info I wrote in this thread.

Policy is not something we can change. Policy is made and we have to live by it.

My argument of virtual PC being equal to real PC's for all intend and purposes did not cut it according to Policy.

I left it alone after I was told that it was not allowed, end of story.

Remember every time you login and press confirm you accept the policy and you are to follow policy.

BTW if you really want to know you would do well reading up on NAT/PAT, TCP/IP-protocols/stacks and Ethernet workings to name a few. And of course reading the RFC's concerning said topics could boot your knowledge.
    edited February 2010
    Every VNC should get the Job done, i recccomend UltraVNC.

The Game should be run in Window Mode when using this.
    Also you NEED to disable the Display Hook Driver of UltraVNC because that will give you problem with the game.

Kool, VNC is doing the job. Running my shop on my PSP screen.

Downloaded both UltraVNC and RealVNC, still working on some tweak, to clear up choppyness, but good enough to setup shop anyways. (Strange though, game runs nice and smooth on the TV (using TV as monitor for mediapc) but in either of the VNC enviroments it is choppy. I understand that is may not be totaly smooth and stuff, but if i were to use Win7 built in remote program, The remote Pc would run super smooth when controlled remotely, but not on VNC. I would use Win7 one, but i can't load game though it. (yes vnc is choppy when viewed remtly even without the game running there). Oh well minor tweaks i will have to figure out.

Thx for vnc suggestion, forgot about it, was thinking pc anywhere or something.
  • PassThaBlunt - Heavens Tear
    PassThaBlunt - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:puzzled why can to clients be opened on same pc w/o multiclient if its sooo bannable...LAME!
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    two accounts on 1 PWI client on 1 PC, it's ok or not ?!b:surrender
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    mmm not a necro but oh well

no running two accounts on one PC is a no no
    just having two accounts isn't
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • glaesum
    edited February 2010
    hm sorry i need other answer

today i create 2nd account for playin.

can i use my chars from my old account and my new chars on new account on one PC at different times.

or i'm allowed to play only with one account on one PC.

i didnt find it in rules(
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So long as you don't use the accounts at the same time on the same computer you can create and use as many accounts on 1 computer as you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Glaesum,

Plz look on page 2 of this thread as I made a post about what's what and also the amount of accounts allowed per person.

(In short tho: 1 person -> 3 account max.)

If you are a guardian you could get access to more accounts as you as the guardian are responsible for the childs account. However again in a situation like this the child can have but 3 account max if I understood tech. support correctly.

Now for the love of all holy in PWI.. GM's make a sticky with all these outlines.

IT KEEPs GETTING BACK.
    (Sorry for the rant my fellow posters)
  • glaesum
    edited February 2010
    ok thanx.

i looked your post.
    but i didnt know that it was official information
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
    edited February 2010
    Official official...

No, not really completely "official" as I am not a GM / Admin / Employer / Associate of PWI just things I managed to get over time chatting with GM "eatwithspoons" and tech. support via email.

This is why I really wish the people at PWI get of their bottom part of their body and make a crystal clear post as a sticky.