Decisions

Options
Ax - Harshlands
Ax - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Wizard
Dear Wizards for the forums, I have come to a point of indecision as to the skill set of my current genie. At the time being, my genie possesses the skills: Spark, Holypath, Second Wind, and Extreme Poison. The decision I have to make now pertains to whether to work towards obtaining Cloud Eruption or Abs. Domain.Which should I go for? Thank you
Post edited by Ax - Harshlands on

Comments

• Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Both are good. It depends on your playing style :D
    Do some trial and error and see which one you get more use out of.
    I used to use Absolute Domain but since I received my 79 Elemental Shell, I've been using that as a 2nd rate substitute for it. I went with Cloud Eruption recently for the chi gain.
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think I'm the resident Cloud Eruption ***** here, so you know which way my vote goes.

I find it easier to just use pots for survival, personally. Of course, my genie will soon have enough stamina to throw out cloud eruption AND extreme poison, so I may be biased. A lot of the time CE will render your genie useless for a minute or so if it's used in combat. The upside?

Demon spark ultis for free. :D Plus I gain chi almost as fast a sage wizard now. From full chi I can drop all three ultis in like 15 seconds.

Read all this as if I were a horrible noob though, because I honestly have no idea about absolute domain and it's costs.
  • Aarie - Lost City
    Aarie - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    domain.

it pwns
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have Frenzy, Extreme Poison, Holy Path and Bloodcot on my genie which are all very useful and Im planning to get A.Domain to fit my playing style better.

OFF TOPIC: I would advice wizzards to have at least Extreme Poison, Holy Path and Frenzy specially those who play on PvP servers. Extreme Poison is easy enough to get and its use is excellent in both PvP and PvE. Frenzy in PvP and TW has an amazing use. In world PvP use it to bypass the enemies charm with the following combos depending on the opponent HP and class : as soon as their HP is at 50-60% Undine Strike+ForceOfWill+Frenzy+Xpoison+Sandstorm ; or Undine Strike+ForceOfWill+Frenzy+Xpoison+Double Channeling Pots+BladeTempest/BlueIceDragon. On TWs Frenzy can be used on Catas or BMs with the ultis which works out perfect. Holy Path is one more tool to get distance in PvP. b:thanks
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have Frenzy, Extreme Poison, Holy Path and Bloodcot on my genie which are all very useful and Im planning to get A.Domain to fit my playing style better.

OFF TOPIC: I would advice wizzards to have at least Extreme Poison, Holy Path and Frenzy specially those who play on PvP servers. Extreme Poison is easy enough to get and its use is excellent in both PvP and PvE. Frenzy in PvP and TW has an amazing use. In world PvP use it to bypass the enemies charm with the following combos depending on the opponent HP and class : as soon as their HP is at 50-60% Undine Strike+ForceOfWill+Frenzy+Xpoison+Sandstorm ; or Undine Strike+ForceOfWill+Frenzy+Xpoison+Double Channeling Pots+BladeTempest/BlueIceDragon. On TWs Frenzy can be used on Catas or BMs with the ultis which works out perfect. Holy Path is one more tool to get distance in PvP. b:thanks

coulnd agree more, these are the main genie skills imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dear Wizards for the forums, I have come to a point of indecision as to the skill set of my current genie. At the time being, my genie possesses the skills: Spark, Holypath, Second Wind, and Extreme Poison. The decision I have to make now pertains to whether to work towards obtaining Cloud Eruption or Abs. Domain.Which should I go for? Thank you

It really depends on your play style & what you are are doing at the time.

The purposes of Absolute Domain & Cloud Eruption are quite different.

Cloud Eruption gives chi so it allows you to cast spark dependant spells more often. As such it could be described as an offensive skill.

Absolute Domain grants immunity to damage & immobilization, so it could be described as being defensive.

Each has relatively high energy costs so then it also depends on your genie. Using either one could trun your genie into a one trick pony unless it has very high energy.
  • Ax - Harshlands
    Ax - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok thank you for the responses. I have chosen cloud eruption, so that i can include ultimates in my sutra combo.