How should I build my genie?

Options
Grospoliner - Heavens Tear
Grospoliner - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Blademaster
Right now I have a Zeal genie lvl 34 and split my stat points between Str and Dex. Skills are Earthflame, Holy Path, Gale, and Celestial Sword (or some **** like that).

I'm a multi-path 3str/2dex BM and I'm not sure about how to go about the genie...I'm more than willing to spend 3 mirages to get a new one or use the pink genie they first gave me if that's better. Any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by Grospoliner - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't know exactly what affinities you need off the top of my head, but I can say a few essential skills.

Tree of Protection. BM's and Barbs love this skill.

Second Wind. I've seen a lot of BM's using this, though the heal seems a little week (In my opinion at least)

Absolute Domain. Your genie has to be a bit higher level to get this, but it's definitely worth it.

www.ecatomb.net/genieskill

Figure out what affinities you need for those there.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Never tried gale, but Celestial Sword absolutely sucks.

Get True Emptiness... it's an Arcane/LA's worst nightmare. A pure STR genie can one shot most robes and LA users in the air. It also is spammable and can provide a 2500 hp magic shield every 20 seconds, no matter how low your genie's energy bar is.

Occult Ice - extra stun. Very nice.

Absolute Domain is a high level genie skill... at lvl 34 you might not even be able to get it. 4 second squad immunnity. Can keep you alive till your charm cooldown refreshes.

Balance... magic shield. More effective than True Emptiness's shield, but costs a lot in both stamina and affinities.

Tangling Mire AoE pdef debuff, great for grinding. Also has a slow effect. STR based.

Extreme Poison... dex based damage amp.

Lighting Chaser? I think this is the skill with an aoe stun, more people have been using it lately, but I have no experience with it.

Second Wind - STR based instant healing. A nice alternative to Tree of Protection, but unless you have a pure STR genie, the amount of healing isn't that impressive.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • GrimStorm - Dreamweaver
    GrimStorm - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My current genie is a 55 zeal... earthflame is a must dont delete it... or you cant get it back... my other skills which help me a lot are 2nd wind, tree of protection and true emptiness =) Im gonna get holy path next.

PS: so far my genie is pretty kick ****... 41/50 lucky points =) i love that thing... better then my old lvl 43 6/40 hahaha what a joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GrimStorm - Dreamweaver
    GrimStorm - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PS: I have 50 points in str, 46 in vit, 10 dex, 15 mag on my genie... after 40 it takes 2 points to increase 1 point... anyway, with those number 2nd wind almost heals me up all the way... maybe a little more than 3/4. Has save my **** so many times... tree of protection is pretty sweet too... but honestly i like the instant heal better than the 20 sec regen, but that one heals me all the way. True Emptiness, just kicks ****! Maybe it was my eyes playing tricks on me but i swear it hit a critical of 3200 when i was dueling someone LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BadFinger - Harshlands
    BadFinger - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PS:True Emptiness, just kicks ****! Maybe it was my eyes playing tricks on me but i swear it hit a critical of 3200 when i was dueling someone LOL

LOL on my bm I have a pure str genie and have crit for 19K+ on many occasions. Granted that was with the airial att boost, but man it's so awesome to oneshot ppl for that much.b:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL on my bm I have a pure str genie and have crit for 19K+ on many occasions. Granted that was with the airial att boost, but man it's so awesome to oneshot ppl for that much.b:chuckle

Fully amped I would imagine. :P
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sacroth - Sanctuary
    Sacroth - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=129062
    Taking from Lynduras guide.It seems to be good. b:victory