Has anyone else noticed...

Vivre - Harshlands
Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
Has anyone else noticed an increase in heal aggro lately?

I've had the same gear for a -long- time so I know it's not my heal amount... but lately I've noticed that my heals will grab aggro over attacks. Eg. Only healing a high 7x barb for BH (well, and purifies), without ever targeting a single skill at boss, I have grabbed heal aggro well into the boss hp. Happened again yesterday with a 8x bm tank-- again, just heal aggro, no attack. Both tanks had a constant dps on the boss, and I'm sure the barb was fleshreaming (albeit it was only lvl 6 ._.)

This started happening a little after patch notes said that sins/psy revenge levels were reduced.

Coincidence? Or something ... else? b:scorn
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
Post edited by Vivre - Harshlands on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    personally havnt noticed anything. ....but then again most of the pple i squad with easly take aggro from any barb b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not had any problems, personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Hazzly - Harshlands
    Hazzly - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I had problems with that! I was in bh Trioc with just me, some sin & my lv 86 Bm friend. I healed him after he roared & aoe'd Trioc and his groupies, and somehow got trioc after me b:shocked Needless to say the squad failed cuz of that, but luckily the sin had a high lv cleric alt & came back and we finished it nicely :)
    But yeah, it has totally happened to me, so you aren't alone in experiencing this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i love my best friend. b:cute
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    o.o wow... haven't had a problem like that...
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    oke, this is scary...
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No such issues on this end so far. O.O
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    oke, this is scary...

Yes, it is ~

On today's BH 59, Ofotis turned to attack me while I healing the tank (a BM). I was using arcane armours, so he would 2 hit kill me. But glad I'm charmed, and my tank took aggro back very soon. Else, it might be a party wipe -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've noticed it.. on my cleric I can be healing someone that's already attacked and hurt the mob quite a bit, and get the aggro. Happens on my veno too, her pet will be attacking 2-3 mobs, each with at least 1/4 life gone and I'll get heal aggro from them.. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hmm i havent noticed anything about it no chance a cleric steals my agro unless they go full DD without holding back and spamming ultis(which is only possible if they dont have to heal)
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I haven't noticed problems with stealing aggro with heals either. As long they're hittin' the mobs I haven't been targeted by anyone so far.

What's been buggin' me is the "respawn healing aggro" I get from time to time after I kill a mob, and he respawn at the same time I cast a heal on myself. Fortunately it seems it doesn't happen too often on the new patch.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i havent had this happen yet as a cleric. As a barb i have a harder time keeping agro with bm's and archers my lvl though.
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hmm i havent noticed anything about it no chance a cleric steals my agro unless they go full DD without holding back and spamming ultis(which is only possible if they dont have to heal)

It's not about stealing aggro from a tank, because we attacking/ DD. But it happens when we're just healing the tank ~

And the bad thing is, at that time I used macro heals and was afk to get something to drink. Then, I saw my charm cooled down and I stop healing because of that... if Ofotis land another damage on me, I might died and there'll be a party wipe -_-

QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yea i didnt have that problem yet but something is like weird, my friend she's a cleric 2 and like when we went to do gluttonix someone got a gang mobs behind him so barb went to aggro them and i saw him clearly aggro and my friend started to IH a lot and suddenly some mobs came her way b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The only thing I have noticed is a boss turning for you if a barb hasn't used roar yet. After using roar everything is going as it is supposed to.

Could it perhaps be an issue where we are healing a tank that's a lower level then us? Since I know debuffing the boss right at the start will also grab you aggro.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Brutu - Heavens Tear
    Brutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    As a barb I have not noticed a problem with clerics stealing aggro.
  • masterpimpf
    masterpimpf Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it could really be that they changed the aggro of heals. I notice it in FF runs.
    Im archer and always try to keep the mobs of cleric if he/she aggroes them and i need more hits now then i used to.
    We where at boss whos pawns bishops and toke me 5 hits to get aggro of cleric who used 1 chromatic beam(squad heal), he almost died because of it.
  • /
gellus - Heavens Tear
    / gellus - Heavens Tear Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've not had any problems so far O:
    b:surrender Maybe the monsters just want you.
  • Ryneris - Lost City
    Ryneris - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've had heal aggro problems on my lvl 30+ cleric while doing quests w/ a barb friend. She was around the same lvl as me, but I could get aggro from just healing once o.o even when she attacked first and had been attacking for awhile. But after the next new patch or two the problem was gone, or I haven't noticed...
  • Mecato - Heavens Tear
    Mecato - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well, on my cleric the other day i experienced the same problem,i could say maybe 4-5 times already. The first 2 times i took aggro from the barb even after he was using roar and agroo skills and in one ocassion he got stun and i was IH non stop, boss inmediatly came after me. Also sometimes i took aggro from barb before he atks but that is just timing, but what is strange is getting aggro even after barb got stun or he is using roar.
  • dewiastuti77
    dewiastuti77 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well, its happend with me too when helping BH29. So i become tank without healer.b:victory
  • Alfrothul - Dreamweaver
    Alfrothul - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Actually i did noticed... And was lower levels who did it, like 8 levels behind the tanker once
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    2 month old thread . . .

And I'll say again I've not noticed a difference either on this char or my low level cleric alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Angel_Wolf - Lost City
    Angel_Wolf - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I haven't noticed it on my cleric, but lately my veno gets aggro when i heal my pet, esp. when its getting attacked by multiple mobs. O.o i dun like it. it hurts. >.>
    [SIGPIC]http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae192/TheVoidRose/angelwolf.png[/SIGPIC]
    sig made by Roseary

Alt char:
    Cleric: Dark_Feather 2x
    Psychic: Shiome 2x
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I haven't noticed it on my cleric, but lately my veno gets aggro when i heal my pet, esp. when its getting attacked by multiple mobs. O.o i dun like it. it hurts. >.>

Getting heal-aggro from a pet is easy unless the pet has used an aggro attack i.e. Flesh Ream, Bash etc. on every mob

Edit: Forgot to write that it hasn't happened to me