new build need apinoin

Hells_demon - Heavens Tear
Hells_demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Venomancer
ok guys i know this will sound weird at first but its been on my mind if might turn out good or not. I was thinking of instead of focusing on magic focus on HA tanker type build like just enough dex axes or hammers and then all str or con or something like that. reason for this build is people say to get magic to heal pet but in pk most people ignore pet and go for caster so make urself a tank and let pet do the dmg. its just a thought wondered wat people think about it plus the fack u can debuff people so with u tanking pet can get full work in . plz give honest opinions. and PLZ DONT REAM ON IT ITS JUST A TEST THOUGHT OF MINE

ps: this is pure pvp im not thinking about pve or boss hunting solo.also not sure if the right side of skill tree skills can be used with axes or hammers.also wanted to know how long does the reverse mp and hp last.
Post edited by Hells_demon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You can't debuff if you're using anything other than a magic weapon. All fox skills require a magic weapon to use. There is a way to use other weapons in fox form, but all you can do is regular hits. Not really worth it imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    A short and slightly oversimplified response:

Part of the reason Blademasters and Barbarians can do damage with melee weapons isn't because of STR; it's because those classes can train Mastery skills for their weapons, which greatly boost their damage.

The mastery skills for Venomancers are Wood Mastery, which boosts magical damage, and Melee Mastery, which boosts your physical damage while in fox form. Being in fox form though, necessitates being either unarmed (not desirable) or using a magic weapon (of which Magic Swords are generally the best for melee purposes).

Add into this the fact that Fox Form also boosts your Physical Defence by a considerable amount, and the idea of using axes or hammers while tanking is further weakened.

The fact of the matter is, Venomancers are designed to use Magic Weapons. If you'd like to tank better in PVP, Heavy and Light armour buildsCOLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR, combined with a magical weapon and fox form, allow the flexibility and power of magic use, as well as the physical tanking and melee damage of fox form.

It's simply alot more effective than trying to masquerade as a Blademaster or Barbarian with a pet.

EDIT: And as Dyskrasia pointed out, and I forgot to mention, virtually all skills require a magic weapon or to be unarmed (like fox form).

EDIT2: Assuming by "reverse MP and HP" (...?) you meant Soul Transfusion, it doesn't have a duration. It instantaneously switches their relative percentages. It has a 60 second cooldown between uses, and each use will consume up to 100 Chi if available.

* Yes, arcane can have decent (or even good) physical defence as well, but as previously stated, this is a simplified answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hells_demon - Heavens Tear
    Hells_demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ty u everyone for ur opinions now i no its not duable