Crit Heals...?

Options
acutter
acutter Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cleric
I stongly doubt this is the case, but can dexterity help a cleric's heals? I have never heard of anything like this, and searching for info on it resulted in nothing from what I have seen. I am just curious because a friend of mine is building his dexterity a bit to do more damage, so I wanted to know if it has a dual benefit to clerics since their heals use magic attack as part of the total heal formula.

Again, I figure not or I expect I would hear/see something regarding critical heals.
Post edited by acutter on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Crit heals = no

Dex = will not help with heals

Dex = crit % at 20 Dex for 1% crit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nope, heals do not crit.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I haven't seen evidence for crit or not crit heals.

I suspect that crits heals do occur. Spirits gift seems to affect heals too and I know spark does. So I don't see why crit heals wouldn't occur.

I won't believe it until I seem some solid evidence though.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If it did, high crit rate + wellspring = WB from 0 to full HP in an instant.

Since I haven't seen that happen, no.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I haven't seen evidence for crit or not crit heals.

I suspect that crits heals do occur. Spirits gift seems to affect heals too and I know spark does. So I don't see why crit heals wouldn't occur.

I won't believe it until I seem some solid evidence though.

spark + spirits gift both raises our base magic attack, which our heals are calculated by.

With roughly 9% crit atm, i woulve noticed if they critb:surrender
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dex does really nothing for cleric just mag.I wouldn't waste any points in it unless going LA.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    spark + spirits gift both raises our base magic attack, which our heals are calculated by.

With roughly 9% crit atm, i woulve noticed if they critb:surrender

And how would you have noticed if they critted? I find that absolute heal rates are hard to see with Ironheart.

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    And how would you have noticed if they critted? I find that absolute heal rates are hard to see with Ironheart.

-cough- wellspring surge -cough- I probably use that more often in squads than ironheart (besides when we get to the boss, then I ironheart)

the only proof there would be of crit heals not exhisting is if it existed, theres little/no way to prove it doesnt exist except that no one can proove that they have ever crit a heal.

^brainsplosion
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Theres no crit heals which is 1 off the reasons why I call LA a fail build for pve
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    -cough- wellspring surge -cough- I probably use that more often in squads than ironheart (besides when we get to the boss, then I ironheart)

the only proof there would be of crit heals not exhisting is if it existed, theres little/no way to prove it doesnt exist except that no one can proove that they have ever crit a heal.

^brainsplosion

get lvl 1 cleric to heal a 10k HP barb over and over, record HP recovered. once barb HP is full up, restart and keep going till you get a few thousand heals. If no unusual HP increases, then no crit. Of course you can't "prove" if crit doesn't exist. however you can develop a certain certainty that it doesn't.

I use wellspring too. Usually full HP recovery on most classes, except barb. Barb I use IH. So again I can't tell. If you spam wellspring on barbs constantly and you still get no results, well then maybe no crit. btw I do recall once or twice that wellspring occasionally healing more than it ususaly does(75%?) but then I don't have a datatable of proof for it and there could have been other factors I wasn't aware of so again... I can't tell( and it was a long time ago too).

edit: I realized that ironheart might act like a buff thingy. i can't remember of DoT have crit if they don't then well ironheart definately won't crit. In that case yes, crit is pointless. Since IH is such a major heal.

• Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Heals are based on your lowest magic attack. Sparking does increase the power of the heal since the lowest magic attack increases. Yes, Ironheart Blessing is a buff- it can be purged off a barb in TW as well as stopped completely with Soul Degeneration. Crits effect attacks.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • arkaria
    arkaria Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Heals are based on your lowest magic attack. Sparking does increase the power of the heal since the lowest magic attack increases. Yes, Ironheart Blessing is a buff- it can be purged off a barb in TW as well as stopped completely with Soul Degeneration. Crits effect attacks.

What she said is 100% correct ^