Colored characters?

Zyhl - Raging Tide
Zyhl - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
So I thought this was illegal? For people to change they're character colors, outside the game color charts? I'd like someone to clarify this, doesn't that mean altering game files?

Thanks,
Z
Post edited by Zyhl - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Ramonalee - Dreamweaver
    Ramonalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If they had to go into the PWI folder to change files in any way then yes, it's against TOS.
  • LingBanamu - Lost City
    LingBanamu - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So I thought this was illegal? For people to change they're character colors, outside the game color charts? I'd like someone to clarify this, doesn't that mean altering game files?

Thanks,
    Z

You don't have to edit files to do this. I remember there was a thread about this within the past couple of moths that came to the conclusion it isn't banable. I'll look up the thread and edit the link into this post, if I can find it.

-Ling

EDIT: here are the instructions for changing colors of text and here saying it isn't banable to change them. Enjoy.
    I've moved to LC, perhaps permanently. Goodbye Sanctuary, I know that nobody there knows me. :D
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I also have a question adding on to this:

Are the Tideborns able to customize the color of their lips and can they have eyeshadow? Because as I recall from creating mines, the only options for color were: Skin, Hair, and Eyes.

But recently, I've seen blue tideborn with red lips and something like green eyeshadow. Wondering if it's just my files not allowing me to do this, or is this actually illegal and not legit.

Edit: OH. You meant THAT character. Thought you meant the toons. Still, someone answer my question, haha.
    Belligero
  • LingBanamu - Lost City
    edited February 2010

Are the Tideborns able to customize the color of their lips and can they have eyeshadow? Because as I recall from creating mines, the only options for color were: Skin, Hair, and Eyes.

But recently, I've seen blue tideborn with red lips and something like green eyeshadow. Wondering if it's just my files not allowing me to do this, or is this actually illegal and not legit.

Edit: OH. You meant THAT character. Thought you meant the toons. Still, someone answer my question, haha.
    I just checked on the character creation screen, there isn't the option for lips or eyeshadow yet. If i remember correctly, it was stated that you cannot put tideborn only hair on the normal races and vice-versa. I think the same would apply here.
    I've moved to LC, perhaps permanently. Goodbye Sanctuary, I know that nobody there knows me. :D
  • Zyhl - Raging Tide
    Zyhl - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Many thanks for the fast reply's. I see that other thread was a bit older.

Thanks again for clarifying.
  • LingBanamu - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Hmmmm, I think I may have read the OP wrong. LOL. I'll see if I can find the thread about putting the Tideborn hair onto the original classes. I know you have to move the presets around to achieve this, and I do remember it being said that it isn't allowed if it allows something that can't be used in normal methods of character creation to become available. Changing body colors to a color other than what can be used in the character creation screen requires editing the .ini files for the presets, and that is banable.

I was in a hurry when I wrote my first post. Changing text color is much more common than somebody with abnormal skin tones. So, I took the op to meaning that. Sorry for any confusion, lol.

-Ling
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    all are forgiven the test is completed the world has been set free ... now hold ur word against this young boy
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Azus - Heavens Tear
    Azus - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    to those witches not letting go of me wanting me in the pwi cause i am that 1 kaka u will wonder between this world and the next for all iternty b:bye

..... What? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"While it is good to have an end to journey toward, it is the journey that matters the most in the end"
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I know there's a trick, not involving editing any kind of file editing, just through clicking, to make it possible to use the normal color range (the rainbow one) for skin instead of that odd one that they try to give you. I always wondered if it was bannable...

I figured I'd err on the side of caution and not mess around with it. But it would be nice to know. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • LingBanamu - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    to those witches not letting go of me wanting me in the pwi cause i am that 1 kaka u will wonder between this world and the next for all iternty b:bye

I don't get it? Could somebody translate this please? b:surrender
    I know there's a trick, not involving editing any kind of file editing, just through clicking, to make it possible to use the normal color range (the rainbow one) for skin instead of that odd one that they try to give you. I always wondered if it was bannable...

I figured I'd err on the side of caution and not mess around with it. But it would be nice to know. b:victory

I've never heard of this. As far as I know, the only way to get the full color spectrum is to edit the ini files, but, as we all know, this is frowned upon by PWI. If somebody knows for certain otherwise, I am interested in knowing.

-Ling
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I've never heard of this. As far as I know, the only way to get the full color spectrum is to edit the ini files, but, as we all know, this is frowned upon by PWI. If somebody knows for certain otherwise, I am interested in knowing.

-Ling

It's not from editing the files, I'm 100% certain. I've seen the spectrum on the skin color list and played with it, but in the end never actually created the character. I feel like in the end, this is one of those "spirit of the rules" issues where even though it's not editing, it's still not allowed. Maybe exploiting a glitch, I'm not sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • LingBanamu - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    It's not from editing the files, I'm 100% certain. I've seen the spectrum on the skin color list and played with it, but in the end never actually created the character. I feel like in the end, this is one of those "spirit of the rules" issues where even though it's not editing, it's still not allowed. Maybe exploiting a glitch, I'm not sure.

Eh, yeah. Either way, it's not worth getting reported over. b:thanks

-Ling
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the tideborn presets have makeup on them. Just click the preset you want and change hair and stuffs.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Khristy - Heavens Tear
    Khristy - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    "Colored characters?"

Um...yea, of course they are allowed in the game...it's not 1950!

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2010

You can't alter the makeup on a Tideborn, which I do find annoying, but some Tideborn presets come with makeup. I was wondering about that myself until I made my psychic and happened to click on a preset that had red lips and eyeshadow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This thread's title is just wrong... b:chuckle
  • Tinkerbelll - Raging Tide
    Tinkerbelll - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    no it is not illeagil. someone else told me that if you click on all the ones but skin then click on skin the soft ware will freez momentaraly and you will get the full coler map for skin coler.
    SOFTWARE MIPUTATION IS ILLEAGL
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    no it is not illeagil. someone else told me that if you click on all the ones but skin then click on skin the soft ware will freez momentaraly and you will get the full coler map for skin coler.
    SOFTWARE MIPUTATION IS ILLEAGL

Software....miputation...?

And it's not quite like that, but similar. I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's against the rules though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]