Base Vit (absolutely needed?)

ererrerererttrtrtrt
ererrerererttrtrtrt Posts: 13 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cleric
ok so my question is, after tryin a hybrid build a few months back im goin to roll a new cleric, i went with the hybrid and was gonna cap at 50, BUT, my gamestyle is mostly kiting so i rarely ever got hit and when i did it was never enough to put me in any real danger. which is leading me to want to re roll a 1 str 9 mag build since i felt like the vit was a waste for my play style. what im wondering is, with this build does it mean ill be unable to help in dungeons after 5x+???
Post edited by ererrerererttrtrtrt on

Comments

• arkaria
    arkaria Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    A Cleric always has to be ready to tank. The question isn't really how much Vit you have, but how much HP you have.

I'm not really sure exactly what you're asking. If you mean you were going to restat to have just 5 vit, I'm going to tell you right now that's a horrible idea unless all your armor is +12 with G8+ HP stones. I'm not sure what lvl you are now. If you're below lvl 60, I can't even begin to imagine how you'll be able to solo any quests without dying. At 60+ you'll be useless in 90% of the games dungeons such as TT as most bosses in there(As well as in other dungeons) AOE.
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    <- 93 Cleric with 5 vit. Not a problem if you're only planning on PvE.

Bad idea if you plan on doing a lot of TW/PvP.

Lol @ needing +12 armor to be effective in TT with 5 vit. Questing is actually much easier without vit since you kill most mobs quicker (more noticeable at lower levels than higher IMO).
  • ererrerererttrtrtrt
    ererrerererttrtrtrt Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    drmarley wrote: »
    <- 93 Cleric with 5 vit. Not a problem if you're only planning on PvE.

Bad idea if you plan on doing a lot of TW/PvP.

Lol @ needing +12 armor to be effective in TT with 5 vit. Questing is actually much easier without vit since you kill most mobs quicker (more noticeable at lower levels than higher IMO).

thats what i was thinking ty
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    there was some topics bout it and conclusion was (i hope lol):

it s worth to have some vit on mid lvls, so u dont have to refine so much and u will be still able to survive some AoEs on BB easly
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    try to have at least 3000 hp by lvl 70 or 75. it really doesn't matter how you get it. my cleric was lvl 70ish before i added any vit, and even then, it's only to boost my hp so i can survive in RB. otherwise, i could live without it.

~EDIT~ my cleric is all mag, except for a point every now and then to str if i need it for gear, and of course the vit i recently started adding. i do fine in tt and other instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    try to have at least 3000 hp by lvl 70 or 75. it really doesn't matter how you get it. my cleric was lvl 70ish before i added any vit, and even then, it's only to boost my hp so i can survive in RB. otherwise, i could live without it.

~EDIT~ my cleric is all mag, except for a point every now and then to str if i need it for gear, and of course the vit i recently started adding. i do fine in tt and other instances.

till your 80's you never need 3k HP before that =p
    b:dirty
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You don't need vit but at later lvls it is really nice to have. I was full mag build up to lvl 85 where I restated and and am putting in vit now. (I think I'll cap at 100). Going full mag build can work but imo it's not worth it since you later will have to try to make up your short comings of low hp by sacrificing better armor for armor with +hp/vit adds. you'll also then need to start sharding earlier then most and shard better then most later on. and you do all of this for a slight increase in mag att. fact is when I used a re-stat scroll to move 50 points out of mag into vit. I still killed the mobs in same amount of hits and the lower dmg is not all that noticeable. And I love my vit now, I'm able to play pw without a charm easily, and when I do have a charm it ticks far less.

Oh and wanted to say don't forget that pdef is your friend.
  • Ryneris - Lost City
    Ryneris - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have 52 base vit. Is that too much? x__x lol I want to have enough mag so I can heal/atk well and some vit so I don't scramble to survive if I get aggro accidentally. My str is exactly where it should be