Icon Submision

Options
Zenzell - Dreamweaver
Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
So I tried resubmitting an icon for a faction and got a reply that they were no longer taking resubmisions because they were 'improving the submision process'. Anyone got any info on this?
The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
Post edited by Zenzell - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Maybe they are improving the submission process, therefore you cannot submit an icon for your faction at this time and need to wait until further notice?

That sure took brain power to work out! Curse PWE and their rocket science!

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanthra - Harshlands
    Zanthra - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This is Insane. b:surrender
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Maybe they are improving the submission process, therefore you cannot submit an icon for your faction at this time and need to wait until further notice?

That sure took brain power to work out! Curse PWE and their rocket science!

/thread

Hahaha, love your sarcasm. b:chuckle
    Belligero
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Well no dip I already knew that, a little hasty to start a fight are we?

I guess I'll have to simplify the question: does anyone know WHAT improvements are going to be made to the faction icon submission system? Because you know, somebody might know something, or a GM might be nice and throw a hint or two out there.

Sheesh.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well no dip I already knew that, a little hasty to start a fight are we?

I guess I'll have to simplify the question: does anyone know WHAT improvements are going to be made to the faction icon submission system? Because you know, somebody might know something, or a GM might be nice and throw a hint or two out there.

Sheesh.

Does it even matter? And I wasn't hasty to start a fight at all but I will happily point out the blatant stupidity in your first post. The sarcasm was just there to jazz that post up a bit. Bluntness is no fun on it's own.

Perhaps they're improving the fact that, as of yet, I haven't seen an icon that is transparent in the areas it is supposed to be. Of course I could be mistaken but the few icons that almost seem transparent are usually actually on a background with a colour similar to that of the surrounding area.

However, I have to ask once again, why it actually matters about how they're improving it. Is it so serious you have to know?

Patience is a virtue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    err...
    you post a thread asking for information about a process which none of the player base obviously could has information about.....

why not just submit another ticket asking for information and/or PM a GM....
    ._.'
    b:surrender
    me just saying
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hopefully they're accepting PNG files since that's the ONLY way I know to make something transparent. Alpha layers didn't work for me on a different project (which happened to be a PSP exploit one, long story)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hopefully they're accepting PNG files since that's the ONLY way I know to make something transparent. Alpha layers didn't work for me on a different project (which happened to be a PSP exploit one, long story)

.GIF

↑ this is also a type of file which allows for transparency. However, the difference between a .GIF and .PNG file is the .PNG one will keep any smooth lines and blurred areas exactly that, smooth and blurry. .GIFs tend to ruin the quality and pixelate the image quite a bit, causing any blurriness or smooth lines to become quite sharp and rather ugly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airawyn - Lost City
    Airawyn - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

I am pretty sure that tga's will also support alpha channels. Has been a while since I have worked with photoshop. Need to reinstall it, have not done so, since the last time I wiped my system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Veno
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    .GIF

↑ this is also a type of file which allows for transparency. However, the difference between a .GIF and .PNG file is the .PNG one will keep any smooth lines and blurred areas exactly that, smooth and blurry. .GIFs tend to ruin the quality and pixelate the image quite a bit, causing any blurriness or smooth lines to become quite sharp and rather ugly.
    ah.. I never used GIF for transparency, the totally slipped my mind.. and thanks for another idea for exploiting as well
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I created a .bmp with transparency and it looks great, unfortunately, can't resubmit right now. I replied and asked about it and was just told that they are totally reworking the process and new will be posted. They didn't bother to reply where it would be posted.

We need more Devs taking an interest in letting us know about what's going on. GM's aren't in the know on that stuff most of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As is clearly stated here and here, the ONLY format accepted is .bmp, therefore, your talks of .png and .gif formats are irrelevant for this particular topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."