arrow keys... work when they want to?

Psytrac - Dreamweaver
Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Support Desk
ok, so I've done the whole verify thing, twice. everything is correct with my client.

The arrow keys keep randomly shutting off, they'll work one minute, and the next that don't. What's the deal?
I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
"When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Are you on Team Bring it?
Post edited by Psytrac - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jekk - Sanctuary
    Jekk - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Do they just stop working in game or all together, even when your game is minimized?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    the system recognises them, but does nothign with them.

(as in if I go to edit my key bindings it says "reserved by system" but it does nothing beyond)
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear
    AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have this issue as well. They work about 85% of the time for me. Other times...nothing. I can't seem to find a pattern to it; it seems random.
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have this issue as well. They work about 85% of the time for me. Other times...nothing. I can't seem to find a pattern to it; it seems random.

Same thing untill i pull up keybindings and close out of it and they magically work after that

!~ Me
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yeah they randomly stop working for me as well. That's where space and z come in I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The arrow keys can not be re-bound. So trying to bind WASD or movement keys to them will not work.

You can try binding movement keys to others keys, or do like I do and use a gamepad b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    The arrow keys can not be re-bound. So trying to bind WASD or movement keys to them will not work.

You can try binding movement keys to others keys, or do like I do and use a gamepad b:victory
    the point was that they're not doing what they are binded for BY the system, not that I can't rebind them
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2010
    Ahh, gotcha.b:surrender

Try running Verify on the game launcher screen, and running the game in a lower resolution.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    verify works for random lengths of time then it stops working, requiring a verify again. and running lower than I am already that 3rd blank and huge window will become a big pain in the ****.

resolution as reported by the INI:
    RenderWid = 1093
    RenderHei = 841
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2010
    Have you tried rebooting your computer?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    yep, and it's only been happening since this last patch, hopefully tonight's will help some. I've had to verify verified files 4 time now.
This discussion has been closed.