Nirvana - Chienkun Stones - Clarification of Reforge PLEASE

Options

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I refuse to assume when dealing with +'d/socketed/fully sharded equips....talking millions + here.....

...that's because you guys are 100. I'm not even affected...at all.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Basically --> Are people going to be keeping their refine, socket, gems for the ENTIRE PROCESS?

I'm fairly certain the GMs may not be fully capable of answering this question.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Cuglo - Heavens Tear
    Cuglo - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What needs to be clarified is this -->

100 Stones = 1st reforge/recast for G13 ---> All refine, socket, etc stay?

still asking for Chienkun stones.. guess they removed it just for "reforge".. so the step where you have to pay 2 crystals/7 crystals for armor/weapon to reroll your stats/?sockets?

GG..
  • _evil_angel - Heavens Tear
    _evil_angel - Heavens Tear Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    still asking for Chienkun stones.. guess they removed it just for "reforge".. so the step where you have to pay 2 crystals/7 crystals for armor/weapon to reroll your stats/?sockets?

GG..

Yes this is what they mean it only works for the reforge, not the armour tab or the quench tab, as they say here: Removed the requirement of Chienkun stones for Nirvana gear reforge. Now only the requisite amount of Uncanny/Rapture Crystals is needed.

To Re-Forge properly, make sure you mark the empty boxes with "Y" for the Confirm option to light up.

So be repaired to lose everything when u change your TT99 gear to nirvana
    I havent done the weapon yet so dont know about that. Glad my refines were only +5. And btw the forth socket is 18600 sockets to get it. lol so enjoy.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Guildie just confirmed it; refines and shards stay.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    <---- Wants GM response and explanation for ALL steps of the process...b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited February 2010
    Options
    <---- Wants GM response and explanation for ALL steps of the process...b:victory

Farm TT99 Gear.
    Refine/Shard as needed.
    Farm Nirvana Crystals.
    Get **** and lose Nirvana Crystals.
    Farm more Nirvana Crystals while changing your account info and lamenting your mistake.
    Go to Nirvana Forge or whatever.
    Get Nirvana Gear w/Refines and Shards still intact.
    ????
    PROFIT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Farm TT99 Gear.
    Refine/Shard as needed.
    Farm Nirvana Crystals.
    Get **** and lose Nirvana Crystals.
    Farm more Nirvana Crystals while changing your account info and lamenting your mistake.
    Go to Nirvana Forge or whatever.
    Get Nirvana Gear w/Refines and Shards still intact.
    ????
    PROFIT!

See below.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited February 2010
    Options
    See below.....

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Guildie just confirmed it; refines and shards stay.

b:victory

I'd expect a bit more proof as we are dealing with very very expensive items here.

Perhaps some screen shots if possible in the future for anyone planning to recast (or a GM explanation)?

If it costs 18600 sockets for the 4th slot in the armor... I don't even want to think about how many it'll take for a g15 weapon. Best to pre-socket, then recast I guess.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    For..... SCIENCE! and the sake of everyone here. I will attempt this with my bow.

And I will record the process. If it fails I will rain all hell down upon the submit ticket with as many tickets as it takes to get some answers and something done.

Gods speed little bow gods speed.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why wont a GM post again to confirm what RedRose said?
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What needs to be clarified is this -->

100 Stones = 1st reforge/recast for G13 ---> All refine, socket, etc stay?

150 Stones = 2nd forging/recast for G15 ---> All refine, socket, etc stay?

Basically --> Are people going to be keeping their refine, socket, gems for the ENTIRE PROCESS?

^ What ppl want to know....

The "refine, socket, etc" attributes only transfer when you use the "Reforge" option (at the top of the window). They will disappear if using any other option.

FrankieRaye
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So you reply after someone (me) already test it?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wizzeled
    you....you hasn't done the Reforge option?
    b:shocked
    Teh Horror~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    b:infuriated
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Just how hard is it for Devs to test something like Nirvana reforging/recasting w/e? Surely the necessary itmes can be created magically via the GM button.
    I like pie
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I submitted a ticket, it's an outrage that I have to lose thousands of dollars to test something for other people, I wont be charging every again if this is not fixed, NOW there is a proper GM response, at the time I tested it and the hours we all asked and waited there was not one so I tested it on behalf of the other PWI players.
  • litheyuki
    litheyuki Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I submitted a ticket, it's an outrage that I have to lose thousands of dollars to test something for other people, I wont be charging every again if this is not fixed, NOW there is a proper GM response, at the time I tested it and the hours we all asked and waited there was not one so I tested it on behalf of the other PWI players.

Please read post #5 of this very thread made days ago before you probably even had the crystals to make the weapon.

You read wrong/didn't pay enough attention, I am sorry for your lost, but it wasn't a glitch/problem at all b:shutup
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I kinda figured you would loose all refines when you upgraded from lunar/hh99 to Nirvana. They refuse to bring out Chienkun Stone here and im pretty sure this server would never have some special feature where more chrystals added would let you keep refines, or w/e was said before to calm us down lol. They want us to +10+12 our endgame weapons over and over apparently.

But at least we all know now, you get fking scammed of all shards, all sockets and all refines when you upgrade. And LOL at you get to keep refines when you reforge.

Reforging is not what costs 250 Chrystal (thats about 250-350 ml btw), its not what makes you loose the +12 or +10 on the weapon you plussed thinking you would get to keep it once u upgraded it to Nirvana. Cant believe how extremely greedy this company is. They should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Ehee - Lost City
    Ehee - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^no free lunch from pw

when the original intention of nirvana is for people to UPGRADE their gear to g15 while keeping refines/shard at expenses of like 70% of the cost to transfer refine normally

Good job PWIb:angry

Quoting the original introduction post for Nirvana

Introduction

The Rising Tide Expansion brings with it a new dungeon called the Palace of Nirvana. Through this dungeon, players will gain access to a new tier of gear/equipment. As players battle the many bosses that inhabit the Palace of Nirvana they will attain various materials that can be used to “recast” your existing weapons, armor, and materials.

Recasting is an ancient Tideborn method for upgrading equipment. It allows individuals to upgrade their existing gear into new gear, while still maintaining their original attributes, refinement level, and sockets. Essentially through the use of this system, players can take their existing high level equipment, and transform it into Palace of Nirvana gear, and without losing any of the hard work they’ve already invested into their gear. This process of course requires certain materials. Recasting your equipment without these materials will still upgrade your equipment to Palace of Nirvana gear, just without any of your existing attributes/refinement level/sockets.
    me gush you.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^ for the above description of the introduction of the upcoming patch...what to say ? incoherence

BTW
    this is the last thread still open about nirvana testing...b:shocked

and from what ive been reading, wizz got scammed by some lack of description for the new feature (and his marthyr will)

imo
    just by saying that refines will be kept without use of stone for reforge u dont cover any other stage of the process

since we're speaking of some serious issue...

when the whole community asks for clearing, it get frustrating to have to test this on our skin cuz no GM make it clear...

was it really that hard to write a thing like this:

1)Lunar/TT to G15 Nirvana --> loose all refine, stone and socket

2)G15 Nirvana to final attributes G15 Nirvana --> keep all refine, stone and socket

(is this right? im still a bit confused about this...reforge is attribute picking right ?)

i mean that statement was just a TRICKY ONE...

DEVS:"hey, new feature...no worries for upgrading the NIRVANA, the refinement will be kept"

PLAYER:"Niiiiiiice, free stuff b:victory
    but, HEY w8 a moment, i dont have any NIRVANA to upgrade, just TT/LUNAR...b:cold

b:bye
    u really thought they would have implemented a new feature (NIRVANA) without the way of explioting from our greed / make profit ?

u want the new weapon at any rate (even if you have to loose the previous which was +12) and you will refine it anyway...

the player will get the little profit, after just erasing what he've worked on for a long time, BY STARTING FROM SCRATCH AGAIN...pwe economy

at last
    Chienkun Stones refinement transfer could have been a nice feature since it would have let player transfer the refinement between same gear type, but since that would have mean a great fall in the ORB MARKET they never thought of implement em...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^no free lunch from pw

when the original intention of nirvana is for people to UPGRADE their gear to g15 while keeping refines/shard at expenses of like 70% of the cost to transfer refine normally

Good job PWIb:angry

Quoting the original introduction post for Nirvana

Introduction

The Rising Tide Expansion brings with it a new dungeon called the Palace of Nirvana. Through this dungeon, players will gain access to a new tier of gear/equipment. As players battle the many bosses that inhabit the Palace of Nirvana they will attain various materials that can be used to “recast” your existing weapons, armor, and materials.

Recasting is an ancient Tideborn method for upgrading equipment. It allows individuals to upgrade their existing gear into new gear, while still maintaining their original attributes, refinement level, and sockets. Essentially through the use of this system, players can take their existing high level equipment, and transform it into Palace of Nirvana gear, and without losing any of the hard work they’ve already invested into their gear. This process of course requires certain materials. Recasting your equipment without these materials will still upgrade your equipment to Palace of Nirvana gear, just without any of your existing attributes/refinement level/sockets.

this exactly. the entire hype about nirvana was that you kept your item's refine, gems, sockets, add ons. the only thing nirvana was supposed to do was change the look of the item, the name of the item, and the refinement bonus from grade 12 to grade 13/15.
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm quite interested in finding out if the contradictory statements issues in patch updates / by GM's means that there is a legal case for Wizzeled to get a refund - I'm pretty sure that there would be actually:P

Oh, and I don't for a second think there was anything in the slightest bit altruistic about Wizzeled's "testing" of the recast system. Like everyone he'd been duped into believing that refine/sockets would transfer over and simply wanted to be able to have a new toy that he could brag aboutb:laugh

The way the GM's have dealt with this is a big nail in the coffin of PWI in my opinion. I'd really like some clarification of why the GM's could not post a clear statement about this as was requested (and I don't mean from the playerbase - I can make smart **** comments as well as you if not better, and I want to see what the GM's can come up with:P)
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

I think a lot of players wont be charging again.

Personally, if you don't get a response or compensation I'd make the story a little more public. Bad advertising is exactly what pwi deserves right now until they can actually respect their player base. **** someone out of several thousand $ is really pushing it. The entire expansion was rushed. No real details or proper explanation on nirvana, no sage or demon for tides, ton of bugs and issues. Yet they put massive emphasis on cash shop sales and items. Result is lv95 sins with no sage/demon and players losing thousands in nirvana from lack of instructions. And these are the paying customers, the ones who keep their business alive.

Sorry for your loss anyway. =/
    The way the GM's have dealt with this is a big nail in the coffin of PWI in my opinion.

Same thought myself. For example, not replacing the bow would not only mean wiz (heavy cash shopper) would never charge again, but it would also turn a huge number of players off too and be very negative advertising, resulting in a pretty heavy profit loss in the long run.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think a lot of players wont be charging again.

Personally, if you don't get a response or compensation I'd make the story a little more public. Bad advertising is exactly what pwi deserves right now until they can actually respect their player base. **** someone out of several thousand $ is really pushing it. The entire expansion was rushed. No real details or proper explanation on nirvana, no sage or demon for tides, ton of bugs and issues. Yet they put massive emphasis on cash shop sales and items. Result is lv95 sins with no sage/demon and players losing thousands in nirvana from lack of instructions. And these are the paying customers, the ones who keep their business alive.

Sorry for your loss anyway. =/

the problem with that is people are *******s and just plain cruel. he can make it public if he wants but no one will care. they will lol at him saying its his fault and flaming him on his lost telling him how much he QQs and to suck it up.

it sux for his lost but the bottom line is a great majortity of people do not care for his lost because his lost is not there lost. thats just how cruel some peeps can be.

its unfortunate but if he cant get a refund or get his bow is not restored theres rly nothing he can do except quit or spend another $2000 getting another +12 bow.

but im sure the GMs will restore his weapon.
  • Ehee - Lost City
    Ehee - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

it sux for his lost but the bottom line is a great majortity of people do not care for his lost because his lost is not there lost. thats just how cruel some peeps can be.

alot of people care(including cashshoopers). Will you want to pay for +10 and 4 grade 11 shard AGAIN after spending like 100m(200m for weap) of mats to upgrade?
    me gush you.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the problem with that is people are *******s and just plain cruel. he can make it public if he wants but no one will care. they will lol at him saying its his fault and flaming him on his lost telling him how much he QQs and to suck it up.

its unfortunate but if he cant get a refund or get his bow is not restored theres rly nothing he can do except quit or spend another $2000 getting another +12 bow.

but im sure the GMs will restore his weapon.

I mean public as in offer the story to game or mmo websites and such. They'd snap up a story like that. "Player loses $2000 to misleading description from game company"?

But yeh, quite possible the GM's will just restore it. After all restoring pixels technically costs them 0$. Respect to wiz for being mature about it anyway.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Making it public would harm PWI, which my friends and others I love and care about play, doing that could hurt them. So no I wont do anything to harm PWI because I am sure they will gladly fix everything.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Making it public would harm PWI, which my friends and others I love and care about play, doing that could hurt them. So no I wont do anything to harm PWI because I am sure they will gladly fix everything.

And if they don't? :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    And if they don't? :/
    Your guess is as good as mine. But please don't be a troll.
This discussion has been closed.