Are They Actually Reading?

Quilue - Sanctuary
Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Recently eerie things have been happening, and it feels somewhat strange. You must understand that I am not accustomed to this, nor are many of my friends.

Someone once started a thread about mobs in W Arch no longer being aggressive, and in the discussion people felt that it takes away from game play and experience. Today, upon buying a 3star sword for my alt, I walked out of W Arch to slash at a few mobs while my CS timer was ticking down. To my surprise the venomous ghouls, the treeline wolfkins, and even the werewolf spearmen are aggressive again! b:chuckle

There are other examples of this...

Someone once started a thread about dropping items accidentally due to lag, and now they have implemented a warning when an item is slid out of the inventory.

Someone once posted in suggestions about Tideborn wings being too small, and they have increased the size significantly.

With this newfound realization that they might be reading what we say and working on changes based on these (at least changes that don't pertain to cash shop releases), what do you think?

Should we be more careful about what we say from now on? I'd hate for something goofy to be implemented because the forum community was drunk one day and all agreed to something which "seemed like a good idea at the time". (St. Patrick's Day comes to mind)
Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
Qui: b:dirty
Post edited by Quilue - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think it's funny. So many people have been b*tching and moaning that the devs never implement our ideas. Yet when I went through that huge list of suggestions (found the thread randomly - not sure I could find it again...), I saw so many things that have been implemented.

Oh hey, here's the thread. - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=158022
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hmmm, in that case.. Can we make veno's look a tad more trashy, with a bit less clothing ? b:laugh
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Someone once posted in suggestions about Tideborn wings being too small, and they have increased the size significantly.

b:cry not every tideborn want that, i think he or she said that because our free lv 30 quest wing was so small. b:cry

b:cold me myself never wanted it to become bigger . . . our aerocraft already ugly, unnatural, and not match with tideborn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Bouchok - Dreamweaver
    Bouchok - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:cry not every tideborn want that, i think he or she said that because our free lv 30 quest wing was so small. b:cry

b:cold me myself never wanted it to become bigger . . . our aerocraft already ugly, unnatural, and not match with tideborn.

What did you want? Huge Gills?
    edited February 2010
    I want them match tideborn, not copy elves, and not 2d model please. b:angry
    Tideborn Aerocraft . . .
    We shouldn,t have wings ! :(
    Why our aerocraft looks like that . . .
    b:surrender what people think
    a post that may make someone asking to make it bigger

Maybe flying coral, flying war whale, flying crabs . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This goes to show that they are reading the forums, since getting feedback from people is the purpose of it. They're not going to listen to everything we say since sometimes what we ask for may not contribute to future plans the company has for the game. People, there's a way to QQ without the rant part, its called constructive criticism and posting intelligently, and that what the forums are all about.

Yes, we got the big Tideborn wings now, and honestly, I think they're worth the money now. Before, we had these small pixie wings with bright colors, now we have huge auras of light that really put on a light show. It even motivated me to create a new alt. If I like the Psychic and plan to continue using him, I will get one of those aerogear since they look better now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Bouchok - Dreamweaver
    Bouchok - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Maybe flying coral, flying war whale, flying crabs . . .

You sold me at the flying war whale b:dirty
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Someone once started a thread about dropping items accidentally due to lag, and now they have implemented a warning when an item is slid out of the inventory.
    I want that ugly confirmation to be OPTIONAL.. I lothe it to the core..
    it should have been so from the start..

and I'm glad agro is back. the game is challenging again.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
    edited February 2010
    You sold me at the flying war whale b:dirty

I wish they don't have wings like elves but, yeah war whale. b:sin
    Armored crab, white dolphin, clam fortress, ancient sea dragon b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if theyre reading now, i want donuts and coffee upon log in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Ashendal - Dreamweaver
    Ashendal - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    and I'm glad agro is back. the game is challenging again.

Yes, I'm glad that now I'm set upon by tons of mobs...woooo....It was nice while it lasted but people always like getting set upon by a rampaging mob of mobs I guess...wtg guys.

Also while they might look at the threads, they don't READ them. If they had done so they would have seen the wings that people wanted to have enlarged and just enlarged those. Now we all look like giant undersea butterfly's instead of characters with wings.

My Sin's wings went from a decent size to now twice as big as she is...that's not normal and I feel bad for any Archers/Clerics that had to put up with wings like that before. Makes me glad that my main uses a small sized Flying Sword.

If they want to make people happy that's fine, but at least look at what the players are saying will make them happy and do that...don't just generalize.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If they want to make people happy that's fine, but at least look at what the players are saying will make them happy and do that...don't just generalize.

You can't please everyone. Change something and you'll end up getting someone's panties in a knot while others will love it. Sure, they could have done better (so much better) but at least they're listening.

Personally, I don't like the larger wings. One of the reasons I made a Tideborn was because the majority of aerogear for the other races were obnoxiously huge signs that say 'Kill me. Please?' (I've said this to pretty much all my friends so many times that they probably blacklisted me).

As for the mobs aggroing again, I'm all for it. Why make the PvE in the game any easier than it already is? The only real PvE challenge in the game are the bosses (when you're trying to kill a boss with others around the level the boss is given) and most of them are easy once you figure out a plan that works with a couple exceptions. Then it's easy again as long as the cleric doesn't lag and the tank doesn't lose aggro.

Sure, aggro mobs are annoying but at least it makes you more aware of your surroundings instead of just picking a target and killing it at your leisure without having the little beastie next to you try to cave in your skull.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    please make it so that the tideborn can fly with huge gills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Recently eerie things have been happening, and it feels somewhat strange. You must understand that I am not accustomed to this, nor are many of my friends.

Someone once started a thread about mobs in W Arch no longer being aggressive, and in the discussion people felt that it takes away from game play and experience. Today, upon buying a 3star sword for my alt, I walked out of W Arch to slash at a few mobs while my CS timer was ticking down. To my surprise the venomous ghouls, the treeline wolfkins, and even the werewolf spearmen are aggressive again! b:chuckle

There are other examples of this...

With this newfound realization that they might be reading what we say and working on changes based on these (at least changes that don't pertain to cash shop releases), what do you think?

Should we be more careful about what we say from now on? I'd hate for something goofy to be implemented because the forum community was drunk one day and all agreed to something which "seemed like a good idea at the time". (St. Patrick's Day comes to mind)

you will be quite surprised on who else is also listening in to everything on the net and hardlines, and they are not aliens either.

They could tap into anything that you say. b:chuckle
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    of course they are listening they wouldn't say they were listening if they weren't listening thats stupid.

I am however quite happy about aggro again its a pain to have to go to the next mob I so like it when they come to me instead makes my life so much easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Omg yes huge gills. **** ancient sea dragon. Water dragon is a wizard spell. Next thing you know wizards will be complaining about the tideborns stealing things from them. b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They won't change them cause people have already bought the original wings and they'd lose their tideborn cash shoppers by taking away what they saved up to buy just because some people complained about them. b:surrender

As much as I agree that they look like ****. I mean, they LOOK ok, but they don't fit, nor do they have any dynamics. So. ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear
    Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Its bad enough that the mermaid form looks so... ugh.

But yes I agree the wings are just udflattering, small or large - A flying sea-looking mount is probably the way they should have gone, and is what I have suggested in a ticket I had sent a week or two before the serpent was released (which I found ugly and ridicolous looking, especially since it looks like the character is riding on its neck. Poor mount!)... My suggestion was of an electric eel, and I had added inspiration photos that can be seen here here and here. Do keep in mind I suggested something large that can be riden(sp?) in the air.

I believe its the most suiting aero mount for the Tideborn, adds mystery and beauty to this race, and is far less predictable than any other thing.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This goes to show that they are reading the forums, since getting feedback from people is the purpose of it. They're not going to listen to everything we say since sometimes what we ask for may not contribute to future plans the company has for the game. People, there's a way to QQ without the rant part, its called constructive criticism and posting intelligently, and that what the forums are all about.

Yes, we got the big Tideborn wings now, and honestly, I think they're worth the money now. Before, we had these small pixie wings with bright colors, now we have huge auras of light that really put on a light show. It even motivated me to create a new alt. If I like the Psychic and plan to continue using him, I will get one of those aerogear since they look better now.

+1 to both parts.

Posting intelligently works wonders as does not losing your head and making nothing but a "QQ I hate this you all suck you're all stupid how could you even dare code the game way!?" post. The majority of new additions to the game are - when I saw corresponding posts at any rate - additions made based on posts that were well explained. Yes, so some had a few QQs, and some of the threads derailed rather, but the main points in the thread were all clearly explained.
    Explaining why you're unhappy and then detailing how it could be improved without shooting down the devs and any other PWE staff you can think of probably means that if they read that thread, they pay more attention to it. Or, so you'd assume.

And on the note of Tideborn wings, the cash shop wings are a little big... but I am still more tempted than ever to buy Wildfire for the assassin I barely play, just because they're terribly pretty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And on the note of Tideborn wings, the cash shop wings are a little big... but I am still more tempted than ever to buy Wildfire for the assassin I barely play, just because they're terribly pretty.

The wings are not to bad TBH, the wingspan is fine its more the height/depth (however you describe it)is a little to large now and dont seem to sit right on the characters back.
    If they changed that but kept the wingspan as is b:dirty
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ohoh, I forgot to include something in my first post.

Based on something I read from one of the GMs or maybe a mod, I don't think the Devs actually READ the forums. If I remember right, whoever it was that I'm remembering, said that the GMs compose a list of our suggestions (I'm sure it's very similar, if not identical, to the list I linked in my first post), and then send that to the Devs. So...yeah, they can't get everything exactly "right" all the time.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The new wing size is horrible in my opinion... I'll post some screenshots.

This is what they used to be like:
    http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee231/Legault_/oldwingsize.png

And this is how big they are now... compare the body and wing size of the cleric and tideborn in the screenshots and you'll see how ridiculously HUGE they are.
    http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee231/Legault_/newwingsize1-1.png
    http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee231/Legault_/newwingsize2-1.png

EDIT: kind of hard to see since they got resized, paint does a horrible job with filesize and I dont have photoshop on this junk
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Maybe they are just making new wings bigger in general. Have you seen how big brilliant plumes are? or how big the new wings (2 colored ones) in that Tideborn preview looked? There was definitely a trend toward larger wings after Hallucinatory Mist
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i dont think its that their reading and changing because of what we are saying.. i think the mobs were changed like that just for the mass amount of tideborns that were to be made. Now that the rush is over, i'm sure they felt it fine to return back to normal.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    But yes I agree the wings are just udflattering, small or large - A flying sea-looking mount is probably the way they should have gone, and is what I have suggested in a ticket I had sent a week or two before the serpent was released (which I found ugly and ridicolous looking, especially since it looks like the character is riding on its neck. Poor mount!)... My suggestion was of an electric eel, and I had added inspiration photos that can be seen here here and here. Do keep in mind I suggested something large that can be riden(sp?) in the air.

I believe its the most suiting aero mount for the Tideborn, adds mystery and beauty to this race, and is far less predictable than any other thing.
    I suggested a nudibranch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loBdfd6Nm7M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwpexfYnlDE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A76g-tHt4A0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MITq47i0PAE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htxTm3U9zxE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJx5hg9Sg8o

Pretty cool for sea slugs.

Cuttlefish would be cool too if they could dynamically make the texture adjust to match whatever you're flying near.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5tDH-jpDt8
  • Malayshion - Lost City
    Malayshion - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Flying Fish? Nah it'd seem too similar to veno and barb mounts. Just fly on/in bubbles with cool bubble trails, or different designs and fish trailing behind. Or clams in a bubble. The wings are freakishly big though.