How the hell do u kill a barb

RedHawkShade - Lost City
RedHawkShade - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Assassin
Any ideas? i tried anti stun + dps with crits. tried chill of deep skill spam. tried stun locking. I was able to take out a chunk of life but they have alot of hp. any ideas on what to do with them or maybe a genie that can help?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by RedHawkShade - Lost City on

Comments

• Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    um try thunderstorm
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You don't. In Soviet PWI, Barbs kill YOU!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Death_Tide - Heavens Tear
    Death_Tide - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wait till you get your Triple Spark and 79/100 skills lol
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    keep attacking the barb until me get there......then 1-3 shot you.
    b:chuckle
    jk jk
    what the others has said....you going to need demon spark, higher levels, better gear/weapon in order to take down decent barbs.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if you cant win with a double spark, occult ice,inner harmony, tangling mire, power dash, swing away.....

try CoD> shadow teleport(199 chi left), tackling slash(249 chi), throatcut(149 chi), RDS (299 chi), headhunt (99 chi), inner harmony (299 chi), double spark, slipstream strike, rib strike, puncture wound, occult ice (genie skill), slipstream strike, twin strike (only because your skills are on cooldown and it's better than normal swinging with chill up), deep sting, tackling slash, throatcut.

....if that didnt work, refine your daggers more or find a barb with less HP
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lure him into the nearest world-boss.
    Otherwise, kiss your fishsticks goodbye. b:chuckle
    edited February 2010
    ....if that didnt work, refine your daggers more or find a barb with less HP

me like this idea.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    um try thunderstorm

thunderstorm sucks with assassin because with crit at high lv maybe u hit 2k maximum on barb who got 10k+ hp.

a afk barb easy u use 3rd spark who is not afk will kill u.
  • Alzerius - Sanctuary
    Alzerius - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    a afk barb easy u use 3rd spark who is not afk will kill u.

umm........what?
    Back to the topic, At lv36 I've fought a few barbs. Key thing is, make sure Focused Mind is up and you've got the debuff Rib Strike always on them. sure, a lv3x barb is nothing compared to the 8x ones, but i'm just donating the info. i know >.>
    ALSO, spark often because you'll be hitting and gaining alot of chi and he'll miss 7/10 times (did for me). sleep, and stack on bleed, only high lv attacks and good buffs like Bloodpaint, since barb's are hard :I
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Barbarian is really power full, high hp, great damage at end game. b:surrender
    Barbarian with 2 misty forest ring (+100% accuracy) and bloodbath will have much more less problem with missed attack.
    Violent Triumph (anti debuff), Bestial Onslaught, Untamed Wrath (anti stealth), Armageddon (k.o ?), b:shutup but there still a chance with assassin deaden nerves b:bye.
    Just wait until sage demon and 79+ skill available for tideborn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dont know many classes that stands a fair chance against endgame barbs, the most OP class in the game imo.

Very well-geared venos and wizards has the best chance if they get some lucky crits or 100% armor break procs. Pretty sure assassin will be like the rest of us, cant do enough dmg to out-dd the barbs charm and than dies to a 20k Armageddon or a 10k zerk crit onslaught lol. The class with most HP in the game also does insane pvp -dmg for some reason b:shocked

Thunder storm is lol btw on someone with 15-20k hp in human. I guess you can try to do it like fist BMs. Pop a pot that adds wood dmg or w/e than chain stun + triple spark + dps the barb. But unless assassin gets some lvl 11 skills that adds elemental dmg i think barbs will be kinda hmm impossible at higher lvls.
  • Axels - Harshlands
    Axels - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Barbarian is really power full, high hp, great damage at end game. b:surrender
    Barbarian with 2 misty forest ring (+100% accuracy) and bloodbath will have much more less problem with missed attack.
    Violent Triumph (anti debuff), Bestial Onslaught, Untamed Wrath (anti stealth), Armageddon (k.o ?), b:shutup but there still a chance with assassin deaden nerves b:bye.
    Just wait until sage demon and 79+ skill available for tideborn.

Barbs even with Mistys dont have great acc depending on their build and mistys arent till 77so at 60's unless they use bloodbath they should have a hard time hitting you id think but yeah (so ive been told b:chuckle)
    edited February 2010
    Barbs even with Mistys dont have great acc depending on their build and mistys arent till 77so at 60's unless they use bloodbath they should have a hard time hitting you id think but yeah (so ive been told b:chuckle)

err.....so you just plan on killing lowbie barbs?
    b:sweat
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Beastial Onslaught : reduce target evasion by 50% for 8 second.

Barbarian at lv 77, 41 dex (wrost dex possible) + 2 misty ring + bloodbath = 1968 accuracy.
    At lv 77 assassin usually has around 2094 evasion with no gear other than dagger for that lv. b:cute

(at these lv barb can lower your evasion by 50% so around 1000 evasion left)

At lv 60 assassin (273 dex) has around 1638 evasion, with no gear other than dagger at that lv)
    At lv 60 barbarian (34 dex, as low i can put it b:pleased) with lv 7 blood bath they only has 734 accuracy.

(at these lv barb can lower assassin evasion by 29% so around 1160 evasion left)

So . . . be proud to be able to fight them bellow lv 77. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited February 2010
    Wait for OHT daggers to come out. Craft OHT daggers with berserk/sacrifice/whatever it's called nowadays. Find a barb with lunar fists. Let his weapon effect activate. Attack him (assuming you're still alive) and hope you get x6 damage.
  • Axels - Harshlands
    Axels - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    err.....so you just plan on killing lowbie barbs?
    b:sweat

not like he's at the point of fighting misty Barbs if he a 6X Sin so enjoy while you can b:pleased
  • Abrams - Raging Tide
    Abrams - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    How the hell do u kill a barb

Easy. You don't. b:chuckle

Or, gank him. Having a veno purge + amp always helps.
    edited February 2010
    me like to go with the "get a bm to use HF then sutra combo" approach,
    magic sure does hurt them.
    xD
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    When demon barbs go more offense focused, assassins will be really screwed.

Barbs can get some major crit increases from their demon skills, or just go for the easy Sunder which gives auto-crit for a while, plus heals them.

So assassin comes out of invis, barb uses Violent Triumph. Either they use crit boost skill, for 35% extra crit, or use Sunder quickly. As long as it goes off before assassin forces invis, they hit you with Brambles. Crit, plus possibility of sac strike, means assassins following the 'high DPS' guide where they have no elemental defense will be auto 1 shots to barbs. Unless they get the 25% evade from skill, if they use that instead of status immune evasion. Demon barbs are no fun to play with, and those who play them likely have much better combos in use as well.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Squad 5 other sins, stealth, surround, strike b:chuckle.
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:laugh I think i'll try answer the question with another question...

Why the hell would a class that can 1-3 shot every AA/LA, want to take barbs out too? HAHAHAHAHahHAHAHHahah
    that's the WIZARDS job, get back in the water fish!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wizard only able to kill barb aslong as the barb doesnt have some high refines or their lvl 100 debuff skill. wizard are always qqing when their buffs are removed and run like chickens
  • iceman000
    iceman000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Why we still talking bout this? Just jump the barb full party lol. Nothing wrong with jumping some1 with like 15k hp b:surrender
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    All Barbs that have tried to PK me/retaliate when I try to PK them fail..

They miss like every attack, and even if I can't kill them, they can't kill me so it's a dead end.
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    Somebody - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sins aren't supposed to take out barbs.
    but if the barb has no charm (WTF no charm??) he's kill-able. i killed my share of 70+ barbs (including some with misty rings)
    it takes some practice but we can, just start headhunt(-2 spark) -> rising dragon(+1.5 spark) -> tackling slash(+50chi) -> double spark(-2 spark) -> rib strike -> slipstream -> inner harmony(+1.5spark@lvl 1) -> throatcut -> tackling again (he should be nearly dead now xD) -> puncture wound -> slipstream -> rib strike

rib strike lvl 10 = 1k+ dmg and 2k+ crits :) ( <--- double sparked though)
    headhutn lvl 5 = lil bit less then rib strike but then unsparked xD

it worked for me :)
    edited February 2010
    Invite the barbarian to tank world boss then the whole squad run away left him behind after he get the agroo, or maybe try it out in instances.

Or invite him to free meal where he can eat fried fish or sushi, attack him after he eating too much.

Or say :" Please kill xxxx barb he was in xxxx, i will pay 50 mill for anyone that kill him ! Post the screen shot of you killing that barb in forum on my thread. First post get the prize."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lol a charmless barb doesn't take any effort for a sin, even if you're charmless yourself. Just use anti stun and auto attack. With the right skills they won't kill you so easily... they hurt if they're not vit build but then they die faster.. so it doesn't matter.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • SoX - Dreamweaver
    SoX - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well what i do is, Stealth, Go behind use puncture then deepsting, when the effects have worn off smash fash outta' him till you get about quarter of his health down, shadow escape and Repeat from deepsting :D

But use Wolf emblem and what ever other skills first ofc for buffs XD

Or .. you can puncture, deep sting and then get a distance and knife throw then when he gets close Shadow escape away XD and then do the other shizzle :)
    Somewhere on this globe, every ten seconds, there is a woman giving birth to a child. She must be found and stopped.b:laugh

I Am your Worst Nightmare .. While your sleeping shadows will enter your mind ... Wiping it of thought ... Before i Sneak And Tear up your soul b:sin b:laugh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] - Done on Paint XD
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well what i do is, Stealth, Go behind use puncture then deepsting, when the effects have worn off smash fash outta' him till you get about quarter of his health down, shadow escape and Repeat from deepsting :D

But use Wolf emblem and what ever other skills first ofc for buffs XD

Or .. you can puncture, deep sting and then get a distance and knife throw then when he gets close Shadow escape away XD and then do the other shizzle :)

b:chuckle you make it sound so easy. my skills are all on cooldown by the time i tick the barbs' charm b:surrender

10k hp with a charm is brutal -_- although i do much better in duels against them b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Why would you use Shadow Escape against him?

That just gives him time to recover.
This discussion has been closed.