Nothing appears?

GodsCaster - Heavens Tear
GodsCaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Support Desk
Hi, not sure if its my pc or the client .. but my internet is working fine, search engines and streaming sites are all fine, when i log into perfect world, it will take about 1-12 seconds to log in, it then changes to the " Logging into the game, please wait " box.. which takes another 2-5 seconds to take me to character selection b:surrender, after selecting a character, i log into the game without any elapsed time, but once in the game, id press anything and it would take about 5 seconds to actually perform the action, ive died twice on my psy as a result of this. Its been slightly slow these last couple days, but today its delayed alot longer to perform simple actions ( dismounting, mounting, casting one spell ). Ok, so im in archosaur right? Catshops in minimap range are all visible.. along with people moving around, say i walk out of minimap range, none of the other catshops are visible, on the screen or minimap . An explanation would be nice o_o.. why does it have to muck up on 2x.. why!?!? b:cry

Here is the link to the mystery of dissapearing cat shops in archosaur ._.

http://img704.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=archolag2.jpg
Post edited by GodsCaster - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer.

Find out what the model number for your PC is. Check the documentation that came with your PC, or look on the back or bottom of your PC for the model Number.

Please tell us the manufacturer's name of your system too! (Like HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.)

Next, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista/7), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device, Drivers, and DirectX Features boxes:
    DxDiagRequest.JPG

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • GodsCaster - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    As requested b:chuckle my computer is a Dell inspiron 530 if that makes any sense to you? o.o

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/47/cpuinfo.jpg

I've done multiple virus scans with Norton Anti Virus so it cant be that, and yes im using Vista.

Best of luck! b:victory
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You video driver is dated back to 2007.

You can try getting the latest video driver from here if you don't want to use Dell's: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

Make sure that you get the right one for your version of windows before downloading and installing.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited February 2010
    Oh right, and the driver affects the perfomance of perfect world or other games then?

Im downloading a version now, hope it works, i wasnt sure about the first options but i did select the right version for windows - 32 bit, so fingers crossed.
    edited February 2010
    Nothings changed apart from its changed my screen size..everything is still delayed.. sigh.. whats wrong with it now?

here is a picture of my dxdiag thing.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2715/dxdiah.jpg

b:surrender
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    that's the same card I'm using with a different cache. (a higher one even..)

can you post your system rating as shown by windows as well? (Windows Experience Index) check your scores as well, post LOWEST ignoring the Aero rating

Try this, no promises:

1: go to SYSTEM and click advanced system settings.
    2: Under performance, click settings
    3: under ADVANCED in those settings click Change
    4: uncheck automatically adjust paging file for all drives (might say something different in vista, I'm using 7)
    5: custom size, 4096 MIN AND MAX
    6: click set, ok, apply, ok, ok
    7: you will be asked to reboot, do so.

You should notice a change in how your system reacts on PWI.

Personal advice that most say not to do but helps: disable windows firewall. Your router protects you just fine.

you might also want to update DirectX (I'll post link later)

if this DOESN'T help, reply here and send me a pm. I will investigate other causes.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
    edited February 2010
    im an alien in all this tech stuff.. so im using vista.. tell me where to go step by step.. i dont where/how to open this system thing =/ so is this what you mean by scores?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1800/scoresg.jpg

.. and i have no idea what your talking about with all this Aero rating and check my scores? b:surrender

Everything was working fine before 2x was added.. firewall hasnt changed so i doubt it will help, i really think its something to do with perfect world adding the event.

You dont have vista so.. i dont know how you can direct me but here are some screenies from the perfomance page

http://img171.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=perfomance1.jpg

here are the advanced settings

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/7350/advancedoptions.jpg

..and after following your advice, my computer now looks like its windows 98 =/

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8461/whathaveyoudone.jpg

after restarting, nothing has changed.

Heres my system info, all of it surpasses the requirements to play the game, so why is it taking so long to do simple actions..

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4914/systeminfos.jpg
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    sent viedo link via pm
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the video, i did exactly that, logged into the game and didnt see any change, would the firewall stop me from flying/dismounting? o.o i can log in and move and in that time everyone else is frozen, including monsters.. just takes 10secs-1minute to perform simple actions..b:cry i dont know if this would affect it but when i run perfect world it still says update, but i press later, if that would affect it i dont know, ill press update and see.

EDIT: Ive updated it.. still no change. Can some GM speak up this is getting frustrating now. Firewall has been off for a looooong time. The main problem is that i when i press an action, it doesnt carry it out for a ridiculously long time. ( 20secs - 2 mins ) other people have seen what im doing when i leave macros on, but i only see myself standing still along with all the other monsters and players. Ill be moving game if this problem is just going to be ignored especially during 2x its uncalled for
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Where in the world are you? (I will do what I can to help you, but I'm not official tech support. I'm a player just like you are)
    edited February 2010
    Well i wish GM's would show this much consideration ._.

Im in the UK, just spent the night downloading new drivers for this and that, only to find nothing has worked.
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I get this delayed action thing too for some reason.

No idea what it is, computer has no virus' or anything. :/
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    I get this delayed action thing too for some reason.

No idea what it is, computer has no virus' or anything. :/
    check your backround processes
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I have man, there's nothin'..

My computer seems to have high physical memory usage at all times for no reason though.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    First, recall back if you have installed some new hardware or some new program.

secondly, ctr+shift+esc brings up 'windows task manager'. Check if their are some processes consuming large amount of memory especially with funny names..

Also: you may wish to check your control panel > device manager to see if there's any exclaimation marks over it. This may indicate some devices needs drivers.

If nothings seems out of ordinary, you may try to perform the following:

1. Press window logo key on keyboard and type msconfig > press enter.
    2. head to startup tab to see what will be loaded during booting into Windows.
    3. You may choose to disable things that may help.
    4. Press apply button
    5. system prompts for reboot.

After reboot, try to see if the problem still occurs.

It would also help immensely if you run windows update to see if there are new drivers for your sound > gfx card.

If all things fail, check the website for your mainboard if it has some new BIOS update.

When it has reaches the stage that everything has failed, you can either install windows again, vista is notorious for games, for win 7.

Or you can install Linux mint and run wine to play your game. But it may still have issues to be iron out on wine.
    edited February 2010
    ive logged on at 11am in england , and the game is working just fine now. i havent changed anything recently. last night i had the delayed lag etc but it seems to ahve gone .. for now. ill post back if this problem persists
  • Laroca - Heavens Tear
    Laroca - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Welcome to my problem that PWI have no idea how to solve...
    This is called LAG I tested this problem with freinds and this is what I found.
    My Client shows nothing as if all is frozen (meaning no downlaod from PWI servers) BUT when I pressed heals and swap between playes and still press the healing they did get the heals (means upload is fine)
    I had this problem for 1.3 month before the tideborn patch and I was unable to play at all.
    I posted here and got lame replays from both players and GM's (sorry guys but your replays were pretty much useless...) and I even sent a ticket to support and after a week (!) got a massage to send them traces.
    After ANOTHER week I got an answer saying my ping is too high to play (200-300) which is kinda of a joke cus I played a korean game with ping 600 and had no problems LOL.
    So I called my ISP and they checked things out and said they can't find any problem at all and I should NOT get download lags or have any upload lags.

Which leads to only 1 thing there is a problem with PWI...

After this annoying 1.3 month the tideborn patch was out AND I HAD NO LAGS UNTILL THIS WEEK!!! can any 1 from PWI or players care to explanie how this happend?

btw i'm from Israel
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    It's only been this last week for me too man..

Wonder what's up..
    edited February 2010
    I see... mine has kicked in this last week too hun, but im in the UK right now im playing fine, and clear without any lag but i have no idea why, when i went to bed the lag was incredibly long, 15 seconds to get on mount? =/ but now.. everything is clear o.O
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Same thing for me, same with attacking enemies, going airborn, collecting items..

Massive lag each time now.

It's still there, it only kicked in like a week or so ago, it's not like I hit level 54 through the hardcore lag..
    edited February 2010
    Well, this lag has come back now, so will iget like a daily 20minute allowance to spend on perfect world now without lag?
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    It sucks, right?

I got no idea what it is because my ping on speedtest.net is only 52m/s.. which is good..

I don't even know what to type into google to try figure it out.
    edited February 2010
    Ive done everything GMs/players have asked me to and its lead me nowhere.. ive updated all this **** and now apart from it taking up more space on my computer, nothings been solved. ive sent a ticket.. awaiting a response.
  • Jekk - Sanctuary
    Jekk - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ive done everything GMs/players have asked me to and its lead me nowhere.. ive updated all this **** and now apart from it taking up more space on my computer, nothings been solved. ive sent a ticket.. awaiting a response.

New game...that's what I'm looking into.
    edited February 2010
    b:chuckle lol, well im at least waiting for a response first.
  • Laroca - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    b:chuckle lol, well im at least waiting for a response first.
    b:laugh
    You will get a replay like this:

Please check our FAQ about networking, or check with your ISP, or get new router\modem.

The good old not helping replays I always got =)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    b:laugh
    You will get a replay like this:

Please check our FAQ about networking, or check with your ISP, or get new router\modem.

The good old not helping replays I always got =)
    they're canned replies. have you noticed that staff posts the exact same thing 90% of the time?

I was trained in helping with tech issues, but I refuse to do canned responses, they just don't work a good portion of the time
    edited February 2010
    for some reason at 4pm till around 11pmish all of my " network latency or game lag " had gone.. its kind of back now but not as long as it was when i posted, grinding is still risky.
  • Laroca - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    for some reason at 4pm till around 11pmish all of my " network latency or game lag " had gone.. its kind of back now but not as long as it was when i posted, grinding is still risky.

Yup RIGHT NOW I got the lags back all morning I was going fine now it got a lil laggy now frozen on CS trying to combine stones b:laugh

imho it's not my isp it's not my router and it's not the airplanes/cars/trains/radioactive drums/Iranian pirate radio that disturb my wi-fi and it's not the "daily net rush" around my country so it leads to only 1 thing it's PWI servers or PWI firewall or PWI isp....
  • azhdeen
    azhdeen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just want to throw my two cents in here. Unles you all are connnecting to the SAME international server that in turn connects you all to PWI (and that server might be screwed up and need replacing), there's nothing wrong on their end. It's all you. Think about it, if it was something screwed up on their end, EVERYONE would be having this problem. And that's just not the case. Have you guys tried uninstalling that game and reinstalling? If other web sites and anything else work fine a power surge obviously didn't blow something physical. But on Final Fantasy 11 I DID recently have a power surge **** up ONE FILE for the game. Oddest thing i ever seen. I couldn't get into a ..... end game instance cause it was bringing up a chat log from a cut scene instead of the menu to enter the instance.

And to the GM that actually replied for 1 time on here, a graphics driver from '07 that was working fine before wouldn't suddenly STOP working..... >.< Unless THAT driver got screwed up. But the fact it was outta date has nothing to do with this, obviously it worked before.

And to the person that said to kill the firewall.... the router protects you jsut fine... lol I'll be sure and let the hackers know you have no firewall b:chuckle lol
    j/k (bout telling them that is)
This discussion has been closed.