A little contest....

Aclucius - Lost City
Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
Unfortunately, I have decided to leave Lost City and switch to another, fresher server on this game. However, this means I will be leaving my fashion items and my Panther (I'll miss him). So, seeing as I don't want them to go to waste, I'll make them available, along with my gold coins on this server to whoever wins the contest. It is simple, get the answer right and you win them. Best of luck to all.

Here are the rules and important info.

1. You may only guess one time. If you get it wrong, you cannot guess again.
2. Unfortunately, there are some who would cheat rule 1 by creating a second account on these forums (shame on you!) Therefore, you must have an avatar which is at least level 25. I feel bad for leaving everyone else out below that level, but hopefully some of you will level up in time to enter.
3. You will only win one of the prizes. If all of the prizes haven't been given out at the end of the time limit, I will hold another contest at a later time for the remaining prizes.
4. You will not be notified right away if you win. You will only be notified at the end of the contest. This is because some of you may tell your friends the answer so they get stuff too.
5. This contest shall run from the time this post goes up until 12 A.M. -5 GMT, February 19, 2010, or until there have been five winners. If there are no winners by then, another contest will be started at a later date. No entries after the date will be accepted. I am taking this long because I want everyone, including new players, to have a chance to win.

Disclaimer: these rules/information are subject to change at any time should someone perform an unfair act. I will only change them when such as occurred, should it happen. Should you act in an unfair way not mentioned in these rules, you will be disqualified.

Prizes:

1st Place: Windsprint Panther Level 11.
2nd Place: Striders Vestment (Dark Green) and Hightop Loafers (Dark Gray), along with Infliction Genie level 25 with 20/20 Luck Points (possible queen)
3rd Place: Vicar's Pants (choice of Pastel Green or Purple, you will be allowed to see upon transaction) and 200k in gold.
4th Place: The Vicar's Pants not chosen by the 3rd place winner, along with 50k in gold.
5th Place: Celestones: 46 Fragments, 6 Heavens, 3 Human, 2 Hell, and a 10k bonus in gold.

Note: Winner's may chose a lesser prize if they want instead of the one they win. If this occurs, all others will move up one in their prize. However, you may only win one prize and may not switch prizes between (e.g. can't switch 50k for 6 Heaven Celestones)

And finally, here is the contest. Please send your answers in the form of in game mail to the character following in BLUE text (obviously, this character is on Lost City server). After that, send me a PM on these forums stating your characters name. This way, I can give the prize to a character of low level if the winner wishes. Remember, you must send me the name of your character you sent the mail with (your avatar on the forum account entered with must be above level 25, as per rule 2). Other arrangements will be made for the transfer of prizes.

Name my favorite T.V. series. I will only provide you with one hint, so be sure to do some research. Remember, you only have ONE chance to win. Best of luck to all who enter. The hint is:

In the third season, the actor who starred in the movie this series was based on appeared as a guest star.

If there are any questions (besides more hints or the answer) please post them here.

Horatius

I will check the mail as often as I can.

Note to the GMs: I still have a X'mas World Card: Daylight, card NO. 15. If this is worth anything at all, please let me know so I may give it out to someone as part of one of the prizes.

Updates!

Update 04 February 2010: Thank you for the entries which have come so far. I have noticed that some of you are guessing series which are not based on movies, the most common of which is the T.V. show Friends. I will try to clarify more specifically on this with an example. Please note that the example is NOT the answer.

Example: A series called K-PAX based on the movie of the same name. In this example, it would require Kevin Spacey to play a guest star role in the third season.

While I did expect people to send in answers this early and be wrong, I do hope that all who wish to win will do some research. Remember, there is no such thing as cheating via internet. It is your friend.

As such, I will also provide another hint which may help. The series is also based on a novel.

Note that prizes will also be given out based on the order of correct answers submitted. First person to get the right answer will win 1st prize, second will win 2nd prize, and so on.

Update 05 February 2010
: Rule addition.

You may not post in this forum saying what the answer is. Not only may you get others to say the wrong answer, but you also don't even know the answer yet. Doing this will disqualify the forum user, regardless of whether the answer is right (which is unlikely) or wrong.

Be sure to check for updates on this post. I will update this as necessary based on anything I notice from the contest entries.
Post edited by Aclucius - Lost City on

Comments

• CuteLilDemon - Lost City
    CuteLilDemon - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Where do u live? so i can guess...
    USA?
    i want the 2nd price QQ
    n wat u mean by blue test wth is that
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    uh, if you dont mind posting something here to let people know who won, etc, that would be great.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Where do u live? so i can guess...
    USA?
    i want the 2nd price QQ
    n wat u mean by blue test wth is that

I live in the U.S.A. However, don't let that make you think I will only like it from the U.S. It might be a show from Japan, China, England, Pakistan, or anywhere. Subtitles are my friends for many shows I watch, which include Bleach.

Blue TEXT. Meaning the name Horatius which is colored blue is the character to whom you want to send your answer to.
    uh, if you dont mind posting something here to let people know who won, etc, that would be great.

I will post a single post at the end of the contest saying who won, along with revealing the answer to everyone. However, because some people may tell their friends they got it right, I will have to wait until after the contest is over to inform anyone.
  • Trouble - Raging Tide
    Trouble - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    How will you decide the second, third prize and all that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost city character: Anirudh - Barbarian - 88
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    How will you decide the second, third prize and all that?

Prizes will be based on the order in which people respond with the correct answer.

So, the first person to get the right answer wins the 1st prize, second person wins 2nd prize, etc. This only changes if someone wants a lesser prize. If 1st prize winner wants the 3rd prize, he/she will get it and everyone else will move up the prize ladder by one. However, if this is the case and the third prize winner still wants their prize, the 1st prize winner would get priority. The prize ranks are only made in the way they are to set a standard. However, as my disclaimer states, I am subject to change anything in this contest, including prize orders. I will only change prize orders if the case is something similar to this example. Chances are, you will not see any changes at all to the original, just updates to help clear any matters up.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    did u used to be in unlimited?
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    did u used to be in unlimited?

Yes, I have the pleasure of saying I was once a part of UnLimited. However, due to work and school, I had to go on a hiatus from Perfect World, and after I came back the guild had been disbanded. I was then offered by Densetsu the option of joining the resulting clan, GuardianZ, which I declined as I grew weary of guild politics resulting from Territory Wars. I then started on several new characters to try and find a new class, and the rest is just history.

However, if you were wondering, yes I do remember your name from UnLimited, Devoted.
  • CuteLilDemon - Lost City
    CuteLilDemon - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ohhh a blue name charc
    ok gotcha..need time to think tho
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Answer is Doctor Who. [/spoiler]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    ohhh a blue name charc
    ok gotcha..need time to think tho

Take your time. I'd much rather very few people send in answers and get them right than a lot of people send in the wrong ones. I hate having to deny people a prize.
    Answer is Doctor Who. [/spoiler]

Oh noes! Naoz I canz give out pr1ze5!

I won't admit or deny Doctor Who as the show though. However, you did just remind me of another thing to add to the rules for specifics on disqualifications.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Take your time. I'd much rather very few people send in answers and get them right than a lot of people send in the wrong ones. I hate having to deny people a prize.

Oh noes! Naoz I canz give out pr1ze5!

I won't admit or deny Doctor Who as the show though. However, you did just remind me of another thing to add to the rules for specifics on disqualifications.

b:laugh

...you're welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Unfortunately, no one guessed this correctly. As such, the contest is closed, and I request that any Mod who sees this either lock this thread or move it to the Lower Depths, either is fine.

The answer to the contest was the Canadian T.V series Beastmaster. In the third and final season, actor Marc Singer, star of the film of the same name came on as a guest star. The series was based on both the movie and the book of the same name. If any of you get a chance, I recommend watching it. While the acting in the first season starts off very shaky, the lead actors in it come into their characters well.

I'll come up with a new contest in the near future. The rules will be the same, so I will just be copy/pasting them. Thanks to all who participated and good luck to everyone who chooses to participate in the next contest.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    qq i just saw this and that was one of the possibilities i thought of as i was reading. oh well guess i need to troll the forums more.
  • BambooHugger - Lost City
    BambooHugger - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Too Long
    Did Not Read
    BambooHugger-7x Arcane Barbarian- ImSoFail-Tarded
  • Eritheia - Lost City
    Eritheia - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Now I have time to level. b:thanks
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    No need to worry about leveling this time. See this thread.