Pets not gaining exp now

Options
Alarisa - Heavens Tear
Alarisa - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
I love my 2X exp but my pets are gaining no experience at all. I just soloed over 75 bloodthirsty sharks/queens with a lv 35 tortoise. His experience didn't move a single number much less a level. Sic'd my foxwing on some air mobs and nothing there either, not a point. I can't bring these up in the Cube's mice room. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have a solution?
Post edited by Alarisa - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The mobs and the pet have to be similarly leveled. I can't remember the level of those sharks, but I'm guessing they're too high.

My pet leveled yesterday, so I know your problem isn't happeneing to everyone...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "The mobs and the pet have to be similarly leveled."

Im pretty sure this statement is false. I leveled my nix/herc's at mobs's level which was way lower and higher level mobs.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Alarisa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The foxwing was going after things with only 2 lv higher or lower than it is. I guess I'll try it on something that's the same level.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I've tried leveling a low level pet on high level mobs (at the time, I didn't realize how pets level, based on loyalty; I thought higher mob = more experience), and I didn't get any experience for my pet. Same thing for when I run through low fb's with my high-level pet - no experience.

About the foxwing...I dunno. How is it's loyalty?
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sorry for the double post (if no one has posted by now, but I did a tiny bit of digging)

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=263211

From post #5
    As far as I know pets get a max of 15xp per kill when loyalty is high enough and grinding on mobs of equal level. As far as the Veno just mass killing stuff of lower levels and the pet getting xp for that...no clue.

And at the end of the page, Vazil gives more detail.

=)
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inemeari - Raging Tide
    Inemeari - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hi there, hopefully I can bring some clarification to this topic!

When your pet's level and the mob's level are equal, your pet will gain 15 experience per kill. This is at 150% exp gained per kill, which is when the pet's loyalty level is "Loyal".

Your pet will gain less experience if the mob is lower level than your pet. Your pet will also gain less experience per kill if its loyalty level is lower than "Loyal". I believe it's if the mob is 6 levels or lower than your pet's level, that your pet gains no experience for the kill.

If the mob's level is higher than your pet's level, experience gain is the same as if the mob's level is the same level as the pet.

The "mice room" in the Cube of Fate is the easiest way to level land pets, as the mobs are level 150. Just bring a bow with a bunch of arrows, and farm the mobs there. They die with one hit.

The easiest way to level air pets is by killing the "Staunch Worm" mobs just outside the Tideborn main city "Raging Tide City". I am not sure about this, as I have yet to personally test it. I have heard that it works though. It would make sense, due to the mobs being level 150 like the "mice" in the Cube of Fate method.

I have not heard of any similar method for leveling water pets. However, due to the very limited amount of water-based content, this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Hopefully this information has been useful!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Many thanks to ForsakenX for my signature picture! <3
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hi there, hopefully I can bring some clarification to this topic!

When your pet's level and the mob's level are equal, your pet will gain 15 experience per kill. This is at 150% exp gained per kill, which is when the pet's loyalty level is "Loyal".

Your pet will gain less experience if the mob is lower level than your pet. Your pet will also gain less experience per kill if its loyalty level is lower than "Loyal". I believe it's if the mob is 6 levels or lower than your pet's level, that your pet gains no experience for the kill.

If the mob's level is higher than your pet's level, experience gain is the same as if the mob's level is the same level as the pet.

The "mice room" in the Cube of Fate is the easiest way to level land pets, as the mobs are level 150. Just bring a bow with a bunch of arrows, and farm the mobs there. They die with one hit.

The easiest way to level air pets is by killing the "Staunch Worm" mobs just outside the Tideborn main city "Raging Tide City". I am not sure about this, as I have yet to personally test it. I have heard that it works though. It would make sense, due to the mobs being level 150 like the "mice" in the Cube of Fate method.

I have not heard of any similar method for leveling water pets. However, due to the very limited amount of water-based content, this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Hopefully this information has been useful!

Up to 10 levels below they gain redices Exp. assuming greater then or equal level is 15 XP (Loyal pet),
    -1 = 13, -2 = 12, -3 = 10, -4 = 9, -5 = 7, -6 = 6, -7 = 4, -8 = 3, -9 = 1, -10 = 0

Staunch Worms are level 100, not [?] level or 150. They have 300 HP with HUGE physical defense and elemental immunity, So a Veno can not use magic to kill them at all. It takes a level 66 Nix to be able to 1 shot them with the bird, bees would need to be much higher. It works well for higher levelled pets, but not for lower level range of levelling air pets.
  • Inemeari - Raging Tide
    Inemeari - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Up to 10 levels below they gain redices Exp. assuming greater then or equal level is 15 XP (Loyal pet),
    -1 = 13, -2 = 12, -3 = 10, -4 = 9, -5 = 7, -6 = 6, -7 = 4, -8 = 3, -9 = 1, -10 = 0

Staunch Worms are level 100, not [?] level or 150. They have 300 HP with HUGE physical defense and elemental immunity, So a Veno can not use magic to kill them at all. It takes a level 66 Nix to be able to 1 shot them with the bird, bees would need to be much higher. It works well for higher levelled pets, but not for lower level range of levelling air pets.

Ah thank you for the clarification! I was not totally sure about how low the mob's level could be while still being able to gain experience on your pet.

My mistake, only ever had to kill the worms twice, and only payed attention to their level the first time. Thanks again for clarifying this! Either way though, level 100 is still enough for any average player to level their air pets.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Many thanks to ForsakenX for my signature picture! <3
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Mice Bashing room in Cube is amazing (level 40 min)....but OMG Boring b:surrender

I have to admit though, the "Tab" targeting has made it SO much easier!! Tab for pet then tab for you.....b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Starfire_sky - Heavens Tear
    Starfire_sky - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lvl 30 is the lowest lvl i would try with the worms they are still 3 sometimes 4 atks with my 47 sawfly but really boring
    I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it . However, this does not mean that I will not question that which you may say or do, for your words, or your reasons may be of interest to me, if only because I am curious. - Exidor

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend. -Albert Camus

Only when the last tree is cut; Only when the last river is polluted; Only when the last fish is caught; Only then they will realize... You cannot eat money-Cree Indian Proverb
  • LagunaStar - Heavens Tear
    LagunaStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hm, thats odd. i've leveled pets since this started, and just saw my daughter's golem level...
    I love my 2X exp but my pets are gaining no experience at all. I just soloed over 75 bloodthirsty sharks/queens with a lv 35 tortoise. His experience didn't move a single number much less a level. Sic'd my foxwing on some air mobs and nothing there either, not a point. I can't bring these up in the Cube's mice room. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have a solution?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star of the Sea
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't mean to point out the obvious... But just in case... Is the pet's exp bar full and equal lvl to you? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • Alarisa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thanks for all the excellent answers. Now I know why I keep referring people to the forums when they ask me something. I feed water and keep the loyalty topped off but I'm switching to some higher "feed." I finally got the foxwing to move 200 points by killing mobs my equal and 15 over him. Now I just have to train him to quit standing on the drops! b:thanks
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well, you do have to keep the meter full...feed water unless it gets killed. then give it a bottle of seseme oil to top off the meter. always keep some on hand.

Thanks for all the excellent answers. Now I know why I keep referring people to the forums when they ask me something. I feed water and keep the loyalty topped off but I'm switching to some higher "feed." I finally got the foxwing to move 200 points by killing mobs my equal and 15 over him. Now I just have to train him to quit standing on the drops! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart