Tide Born Wings Lame?

Danja - Raging Tide
Danja - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Psychic
So the humans get this 3 dimentional structure that they stand on that comes in all kinds of sizes and shapes and spinny doos. the were people get all sorts of prity intence animals with flaping wings and features. the elves get all sorts of feathered wings that curve when they flap and look semi realistic.

and the TB get 2dimentional glowing grafics that dont bend when they flap following an open close cycle. not to mention that the lvl 30 quest ones have a little bit of an glitch on the top edge of the grafic because some times ill get this strange multi colored glowing line on what i can assume is the top edge of the 2d glo wing graphic.

i personaly dub the TB wings the least complex flying mount to be programed but i guess that ok considering that they are a very new race. i just hope that the idea of designing some that arn't flat graphics doesnt escape PWI software writers minds as the TB become more developed.
THE DANN
Post edited by Danja - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm not going to complain, yet. While I do think that the open/close of our wings will never change, that's what our class gets, in the start, humans/untamed/elves had very very limited options. It took some time but yes, they have some nice flying mounts. Soon, I think we'll get something very nice. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • Danja - Raging Tide
    Danja - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    im not saying that glowing spirit wings is a bad idea and that really cool ones wont come from it, im just saying that they all flap like butterfly wings from the elves and i look forward to any one set of wings that bends or is a 3 dementional wing
    THE DANN
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    im not saying that glowing spirit wings is a bad idea and that really cool ones wont come from it, im just saying that they all flap like butterfly wings from the elves and i look forward to any one set of wings that bends or is a 3 dementional wing

I always thought they kinda look more like moth wings b:shockedb:shutup But I would love to see more of motion to them, I said that in the start too. I really would love to see them move better. But I don't think we will get that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • Psiadon - Sanctuary
    Psiadon - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I like them as they are, but would like even more if they had a bit of wave to them. Since most TB wings look like copies of real fish fins, say like Lion fish, I would like to see them move more like a fin would underwater.
    Perfect Horn = imperfect implementation.
  • HitsTwice - Raging Tide
    HitsTwice - Raging Tide Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think the tideborn wings are awesome, so what if they dont bend when they flap, they make up for it with the cool spirit like look. Also remember that the characters in the game cant all be the same(or have the same kind of wings), I mean how boring would that be lol. b:victory
    Native Pride
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    2d wing b:sad that enough to make me wonder in 3d game, while other race has 3d aerocraft and tideborn aerocraft copy elves butterfly wing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • CoreyC - Harshlands
    CoreyC - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Could someone post a pic of the starter TB wings? I have been searching and I can't find one.
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes I think the wings are lame. And the winged Elves already have wings. Did they just run out of ideas? b:question The Tideborn should have a bubble as their flying mounts. They could ride standing of sitting on a bubble. You could have many different looks for the bubbles. Some could look kind of like a cleric's blue bubble skill or like the bubble when you meditate. Some could look like a fire bubble or like lightning, like when a wizard tries to use dragon's breath but the mob moves out of range and the AoE doesn't open all the way leaving you with just this lightning bubble looking thing around you. b:embarrass Some bubbles could be filled with water and have a group of small fish, a big fish, a shark, or a squid or something swimming inside of it. The fish will swim in the bubble in the direction you are flying. And if you are not moving forward they will just swim in circles until you start moving.

If they can't think of an idea I always have too many, let me know what you think of my idea. b:victory
  • Avye - Lost City
    Avye - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I hate my wings. b:sad I'm not even tempted by the cash shop wings though, because they're just pieces of paper with a pretty design on it. b:surrender But with my level 30 wings I look like a bug....
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Moruadh - Heavens Tear
    Moruadh - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    imo honestly I mean atleast for the Psi's they should of made like an aura kinda thing, where it formed around the characte, and they floated around via their mental ability. I don't know it sounded cool when I first thought about it.

Let the Assassins get the wings b:thanks
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    2 dimensional flat graffiti wings matches assassins perfectly
    b:chuckle
    they be harder to see then the other classes aeros lol.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akiocha
    akiocha Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I look like a butterfly -.-" The starter wings are too "Pretty" for me, and, as a male, it makes me feel slightly pathetic .-. I'm almost willing to sell my Dark Nights from my archer just to get rid of these... -.-"
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    necro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    To the person wanting to see the TB wings, check ecatomb.

The newer wings coming out are looking better and better- I'm just hoping that they make some new ones that can just be bought in the boutique- so they are more accessible to everyone. They don't need to be as fast, just... newer, decent, good graphic wings.

But yeah.... not a fan of my golden cardboard wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Westfest - Sanctuary
    Westfest - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For now the only TB wings that look nice and smooth like wings should be is The Blizzard but thats all. x(

Mehh The forum still don't show my Psi avatar x(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If i were a sweet what would i be?
    A hard boiled sweet, that would be me.
    Why a hard boiled sweet?
    My haven't you heard?
    They are the meanest sweets in all of the world!
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The Blizzard wing design look too standard. Silk Perfume's alien look is better in my book. Then again, one of the reason I enjoy my psychic(outside of the playstyle of course) is the whole outworlder look they got.
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Belligerence is sex
  • TheHanDevil - Sanctuary
    TheHanDevil - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    But why, oh why aren't these prettier options in the boutique? Or at least more common b:cry seems like the wide variety of wings we have are all limited-rares.
    My playing: b:pleased b:laugh b:cry b:angry b:surrender Rinse and repeat.