Psychic's Skills: Lvl 100 Suggestions

Sukinee - Heavens Tear
Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Psychic
Hey there I have been thinking about some of the skills that can be used for a psychic at lvl100 (celestial sage/demon), and here's what I have come up with, because I have seen some of the 79 skill suggestions and they look pretty cool :D.....

I went along with the lines of "psychics are masters of souls....for the opponent and themselves"

1) Soul Copy: after much training of the use of the mind and soul on others, the ancient psychics have mastered the art of copying a player's soul. This skill allows the caster to copy one skill from a party member for 24 hrs (for example copying Ironheart from a cleric for instances). The skill that you copy with be from the players own lvl of that skill (if they only have lvl 5 of Ironheart you have to take it). The restriction will be however, that you have to use the weapon that accompanies the skill in the first place, you can't use your soulsphere (again, with Ironheart you have to use a wand, mag. sword, glaive or pataka)

2) Self-sacrifice: in order to know your opponent, you must know yourself and be willing to sacrifice your soul for the sake of the party if necessary. If one is in an instance and the whole party has died, the caster now has the ability to sacrifice itself (kill itself), and transfer their soul to a player, the cleric, so he/she can rez itself and rez the party, of course including yourself), you do not lose exp from this skill even if the cleric's rez lvl is low.

Anyway those were my thoughts, I was hoping to get some feedback from other players. I love my 60s psychic and hope to have a lot of fun with her later on. b:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
Post edited by Sukinee - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• edvis
    edvis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ^^ thats amazing i would love if we have those skills i completely agree with you
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol xD

You're sick man. Imagine what class would Psychic become if you could copy, I don't know, Cleric of Barb buffs... You could basically be a two-class man. That's just a sick thought, even with one skill. And the same-weapon idea doesn't make it any better.

The self-sacrifice is even worse xD. I'm hoping this is a troll :(.

Anyway, I think Demon/Sage skills need to focus on Souls and effects. Don't go imagining some huge fancy spells that will rez a whole party.

Something like that : Demon/Sage Soul of Vengeance causing exponential damage as the hits go by. The more you get hit, the more % of your Soulforce is reflected. It gets reseted when you or your opponent dies or can only be increased like 10 times and works in a small window, like if you don't get hit by the same person within 2 minutes the effect gets reseted again.

Just an idea, you could basically apply the same principal to all not-one-time-usable Souls, especially Silence.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Since they are experts at avoiding or absorbing damage even if once most of times one of the 100 skills should something like that immunity to both phy and mag damage for like 10secs OR a damage skills like an 15 meters aoe that does base mag damage plus +your total mana as damage modifier plus your soulforce.Atleast will have a bomb skill too equivalent to bids or the storm thing clerics have.
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    Reico_M - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Soulstrike: Deals a massive amount of damage to a single target based off your soulforce.

Could deal all types of damage at once, phys, metal, water, fire, earth, wood.

Soulbound: You and a friendly target are bound to one another for a period of time based on your soulforce. During this time, your HP and MP regeneration rates triple, and channeling speeds are increased, however when either of you take damage, you both do. If one of you dies, you both die.
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol nobody will sqaud you,squishies die fast you know.
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Dude, I literally thought those up in 2 seconds after seeing this thread. I know it's stupid as hell, I just thought it would be fun. At the very most you would "soulbind" another squishy in the party and take advantage of the extra mana regen and faster casting.

Also, no way in hell we will ever see a copy skill. Cleric's IH? Wizards Earth Barrier? tyvm game over, we are already arguably OP'd.
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    something like this : ultimate orb : charge ur soulsphere with bla bla to .. blabla .. increases atk lvl by x (smth like 70 i suppose) for the next 40 or 50 seconds. each succesfull attack reduces ur atk lvl by10 or 15.

sage/demon : would like to see something like this on the dots - each successfull aquaimpact/earth nuke adds an extra duration of x sec (around 8?) to the current dot duration , each hit (eg, water - with aqua , earth vice versa) increases damge over time by 1-2%. can stack up to 5(10) times.

and something like this on the souls - can be activated twice (but maybe really op--^^)

another nice option for lvl 100 skil would be something like this- cd like 3-5 min : resets ur cooldowns , chance of restoring 1-2 sparks

although i would like to see some physical attack added to one of the aoes - but thats just me dreaming i suppose^^
  • MperoR_ - Sanctuary
    MperoR_ - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You all .. b:shocked b:shocked

What ?? you want to become even more OP?? b:shocked b:surrender
  • Danja - Raging Tide
    Danja - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you look at all of the other casters(Venos, Clerics, Wiz) Psycics are the only class that doesnt have a skill that alters the caster's movment speed or possition(distance shrink, summer sprint, elf 79 skill) or have a mana regeneration skill(wellspring, increase metabolism, hp mana buff). i was really hoping that some of the skills for psy might do somthing other than damage like say if demon of black vodoo inc movment speed while white vodoo for sage drops that AtLvl drop to somthing more usable.

psycics arnt over powered in the least. iv just noticed that in pve i attack a little faster than wiz and can run out of mana twice as fast at the sacrifice of 8 defence levels.
    THE DANN
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    The -Atk Lvl has to come with the +Def Lvl to balance it out.

I imagine the demon/sage skills we will be getting in the future will have some sort of mana regen associated with at least one or two skills.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think they should focus on improving the skills Psychics currently have (as in making them less OP -.-) before giving them Demon/Sage skills, though why they didn't wait until they had Demon/Sage skills before releasing the two classes is beyond me.

I actually like the idea of a skill that lets you transfer your life to a dead party member, that would really save the Cleric's xp if they're the only one there or if both manage to die. It would give Psychic's a place in a squad and keep squads from falling apart due to a Cleric's rage quitting (I've seen it happen, hell I got killed a few times in FC and said **** it after the 4th death and the squad fell apart.)

Sure we can bring PvP into this and say Psychics can just kill themselves to bring back a teammate, but that would be at the cost of the Psychic, meaning they lose a very valuable member. I'm not gonna go on more about PvP with it, it's not even a skill and probably never will be so no point in talking about it more than I already have.

I don't have any suggestions for skills because I don't play the new classes, but that skill does seem beneficial to everyone, not just the Psychics. Not to mention it can't make them anymore OP because it doesn't cause damage.