Technical problem..

TurismoX - Lost City
TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Support Desk
Hey, I know this problem isn't PW specific but I'm still hoping for some help.

My computer has been running extremely slow for some reason, I have updated AVG, Spyware, Adaware.. none of them find any virus or anything.

I even done a system restore to no avail, still runs extremely slow.

Makes playing PW impossible basically, and when I click on an enemy and go to attack them, my character runs up, stands there for a while, sometimes like 30 seconds, then attacks them.

This makes PVP/PK absolutely impossible since I lose because my dude just stands there doing nothing most the time even though I'm trying to attack.
Post edited by TurismoX - Lost City on

Comments

• apokalithsp
    apokalithsp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Seriously, nothing?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, well I done a system restore.. everything is supposed to be sweet.

But it ain't, I can run around and stuff (I was actually running around in Archosaur earlier smoothly), but when it comes to fighting, the whole lag thing kicks in and doesn't do my move for ages and all the damage just kinda builds up out of nowhere.

My computer also has high physical memory usage, which I don't know how to bring down.

I don't think the dxdiag or anything will help out with that :/
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well if your entire computer be running slow. it most likely be infected with a virus or some other type of malicious software.
    the other possibility although rarer be hardware failure except that hardware failure usually be accompanied by obvious signs of hardware failure and generally doesn't slow down normal operations. (most of the time hardware failure stops normal operations in it's tracks which makes it obvious. Although a few types of hardware failure could slow it down....namely a processor dying or part of the RAM/hard drive becomes damaged.)

also um to be honest....system restore does virtually nothing and all human virus scanners be inefficient and nearly all of them generally require human input in order to find viruses.
    (>.<)'

so me would suggest mayhaps running a complete reformat on your system.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GodsCaster - Heavens Tear
    GodsCaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i have this same problem but only with perfect world, my computer is running fine, net is running fine. the delayed action thing.. even when mounting.dismounting.equiping etc, everything else freezes i can move but if i attack.. i see the damage dealt/recieved in groups about 30 seconds later... when im a corpse .. its started as soon as 2x came.

let me know if you find a solution.. its starting to tick me off.. as i had so much planned for 2x
  • Jekk - Sanctuary
    Jekk - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If i miss this event im quitting...im having similar issues with my game disconnecting since patch
    edited February 2010
    me too, i didnt do TT from when i saw the facebook event had started, and the day it starts, perfect world decides to muck up, why wont a GM Speak Up. b:surrender
  • RooneyRight - Dreamweaver
    RooneyRight - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Maybe its your hard drive?
    Computers only last about ten years on average.
    Sometimes it can be something small like removing some smaller programs or putting in a new fan in your tower.
    (Too lazy to read other posts, sorry if I'm repeating)
    I'm Bond. Rooney Bond.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    me too, i didnt do TT from when i saw the facebook event had started, and the day it starts, perfect world decides to muck up, why wont a GM Speak Up. b:surrender

One did. Look up in the thread a bit. GM's are quiet because they are not sure what is causing this either, they want you to provide them information from a DXDiag and HiJackthis report so they can see what the common factors are in the people with issues.

If they can figure out whats going on, they can help fix it. But they need YOUR help to do this btw.

My problem was the game apparently does not like running on a system where there is no sound card, or where the sound card has been disabled. When I re-enabled my sound card, it fixed my problem.

~S
  • RooneyRight - Dreamweaver
    RooneyRight - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    OH!
    And another thing could be your graphics card. Which you can go buy a new one and switch it out or take it to a geek squad.
    Your graphics card will make it so if you put the graphics too high, it'll crash or if the graphics are too much even on the lowest setting, it'll crash.
    But basic things like using the internet are fast.
    I'm Bond. Rooney Bond.
    edited February 2010
    My graphics card has been fine until this update ._. this isnt an old rusty computer.. =/

And do i have to buy one? you cant update it online.. im not an adult b:surrender
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    My graphics card should be sweet, seriously I've been playing the game perfectly fine for a while now (on lowest settings, of course), the delayed action thing only decided to kick in like a week or so ago.

Seems someone else has the same problem, wonder what's going on..

..'Cuz yeah, I can move around fine, it's when I go to attack or mount or go airborn or something that it takes ages to do it, then it all just kinda happens, which makes it basically impossible to play the game, since I'm really playing blindly.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My graphics card should be sweet, seriously I've been playing the game perfectly fine for a while now (on lowest settings, of course), the delayed action thing only decided to kick in like a week or so ago.

Seems someone else has the same problem, wonder what's going on..

..'Cuz yeah, I can move around fine, it's when I go to attack or mount or go airborn or something that it takes ages to do it, then it all just kinda happens, which makes it basically impossible to play the game, since I'm really playing blindly.

I have noted a slight delay (probably lag). But yours seems severe enough.

I'm on a 9600 GT, not the high end ones, running 1280 x 1024, graphics settings all turned down, with exception of textures.

Distance set to lowest.

Only NPCs are showed, player and mobs are all disabled.

Are you running similar settings?
    edited February 2010
    These are my settings for the game.

http://img85.imageshack.us/g/94988673.jpg/

b:cry
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    My settings are as low as they can go haha..

I thought the delayed action lag thing might have disappeared earlier, since I was able to kill a single enemy without it happening, but it came back immediately afterwards.

Basically makes it unplayable, I mean, I can't use any caster classes because they get screwed over moreso than melee classes by it.
    edited February 2010
    Yup, thats true, but im logged in right now and my lag has magically gone o.O... how about you?
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Nah, still there.. it did disappear for a few minutes earlier, I was able to collect items when I clicked which was cool..

But it came back in quick quickly. :(

I seriously thought it was gone for like 5 minutes.
    edited February 2010
    Thats what i had last night, but like ive said lol its gone now O.O
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    That's awesome for you.

Does **** all for me though :'(
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, but i just thought if i can play now all the other people being blocked out could too, maybe when your playing i wont be able to then b:shocked
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    ._.

Either way, we don't appear to be the only people this has happened to, so somethin' has to be goin' on.
    edited February 2010
    woot! delay lag is back and the GMs havent responded
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Anyone got any ideas?
    edited February 2010
    yesterday at 4pm till 11pm i was able to play clearly, i let windows update the 4 optional things then lag went all of a sudden, but that was before i had restarted the computer..not sure if thats what made the delays shorter, they are back now.. but shorter than before.. grinding is still risky.

Any GM solutions....?
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Mine's still doing the same thing. >_<
    I've tried pretty much everything.
    edited February 2010
    You can see we obviously dont have a clue whats going on so it would be nice to get a response from a GM seeing as ive been having these same " network latency " problems ever since 2x i cant keep calm any longer...

SOLUTIONS OR EXPLAINATIONS PLEASE.

Oh.. and i sent a ticket during 2x... didnt even get a response on that either =/

EDIT: The ticket response has been sent to my forums inbox since email didnt work
This discussion has been closed.