how much HP and PhysDef (unbuff plz) needed to run a successful GV 90+ b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Whiteleo - Lost City on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    how much HP and PhysDef (unbuff plz) needed to run a successful GV 90+ b:thanks

depends on the barb/bm... your hp is just a safety net, so if you had some ridiculous party.. guess you could get through with ~1.5k hp and 300 pdef.

Realistically, you'd probably want at MINIMUM 3.5k hp and 2k pdef (unbuffed ofc). Although.. 3.5k hp means you can only take a hint of aggro b4 you are back at 1k. If I were setting up a party.. I wouldn't take a wizard in without 4k hp, but that's just me.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    depends on the barb/bm... your hp is just a safety net, so if you had some ridiculous party.. guess you could get through with ~1.5k hp and 300 pdef.

Realistically, you'd probably want at MINIMUM 3.5k hp and 2k pdef (unbuffed ofc). Although.. 3.5k hp means you can only take a hint of aggro b4 you are back at 1k. If I were setting up a party.. I wouldn't take a wizard in without 4k hp, but that's just me.

ok, i will take the red as answer b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you want to have a chance in Delta, 4K HP and 2.5k pdef is a minimum I would say.
    Now, it depends what kind of cash shoppers the Barb and BMs are and how much skill is backing up that cashshop, but to have a slight chance of finishing it you need to have 4k HP and over 2k pdef.
    Anyway, better HP ( about 5k HP) and 3k pdef - without any buffs - is very very possible after 95, so I say grind for the cash to get that gear then GV until 99/100
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Surviving in gv as a wiz actually takes a bit of strategy. If you constantly use your wizard zhen it will most likely take all aggro from the archers and you'll eventually die. You need to constantly be breaking out of zhen using your two spark ultis and hailstorm to keep the aggro divided so you survive.

ontopic: most people say at least 5k barb buffed hp and 4k pdef self buffed.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    /Sry I thought gamma was the topic... As for delta, Minimum 4k hp is right. I got 4.3k hp and 5.4k pdef with self buff, but I draw a lot of aggro... That means I have to use Ulties sometimes, when teh aggro gets too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have 6800 HP fully buffed and 7700 p. def. BUT I had to drop DB also. If you took aggro of too many mobs you will have to drop DB regardless of HP. So good timing and CHARM is very important.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You should consider just spamming ulti's and other AOE's and just use zhen to finish off a wave starting 3rd wave. Helps alot with a fail squad.

Also, the right genie with expel, domain, earthquake and whatnot, helps too.
    Your hp and pdef is insignificant if you dont have a barb/bm that isn't a complete idiot. But yes, like the others said 4k HP unbuffed is recommended.
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if i took too much aggro in GV i was already in 1k already b:cry, how to drop zhen and use AOE b:surrender
    but yah these are my 8x GVs tho.
    i gotta try again when i got my HH90 full set :)
    btw, my HP is 4k and phy def is 5k full buffed b:pleased with 69 and 77 mold gears
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if i took too much aggro in GV i was already in 1k already b:cry, how to drop zhen and use AOE b:surrendergears

Press escape
    Press tab so a mob infront of you is selected
    Press phoenix skill
    Press hailstorm skill
    Run in circles

If you still have aggro after 10 seconds, scream in squad chat for bm\barb to alphamale

Otherwise, build chi and zhen once more

Repeat until rb mastermind and level 105
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you're incapable of getting 6k HP buffed and 4.5k pdef self buffed with all these events and cheap shards etc going around you're probably too stupid for gv.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • __Hysteria__ - Harshlands
    __Hysteria__ - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol kristoph blunt as usual
    4x Wizard - Marshal of the faction Sacreds
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if i took too much aggro in GV i was already in 1k already b:cry, how to drop zhen and use AOE b:surrender
    but yah these are my 8x GVs tho.
    i gotta try again when i got my HH90 full set :)
    btw, my HP is 4k and phy def is 5k full buffed b:pleased with 69 and 77 mold gears

WHUT THE HECK?
    WHITELEO NOOES~
    b:infuriated
    me thought you already did RB runs with your faction...
    ._.'
    also controlling aggro be pretty easy once you get the hang of it....(but you still need a competent barb/archer/bm to catch the aggro you let go of....)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary
    Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you're incapable of getting 6k HP buffed and 4.5k pdef self buffed with all these events and cheap shards etc going around you're probably too stupid for gv.

Not everybody cash shops for their gear or can afford the cost of shards, some people actually have to work for coins and armor, just makes it all the more awesome when you get the good gear. Even with 'cheap' shards it is still difficult to get them because depending on the sockets of your gear and the gear you're wearing it could help very little.
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Press escape
    i knows how to drop/cancel DB and skills b:laugh
    Press tab so a mob infront of you is selected
    Press phoenix skill
    Press hailstorm skill
    Run in circles
    b:thanks for the clear answer tho
    i will try b:surrender

me thought you already did RB runs with your faction...
    hummm... Not yet b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Not everybody cash shops for their gear or can afford the cost of shards, some people actually have to work for coins and armor, just makes it all the more awesome when you get the good gear. Even with 'cheap' shards it is still difficult to get them because depending on the sockets of your gear and the gear you're wearing it could help very little.
    You don't need to cash shop anything. If I can do it with a horrible cape, belt, rings, helmet, top and boots someone else can too. Hell, I had to use g6 shards, nowadays you can get flawless shards for what I paid for g6's. The only things worth mentioning I cash shopped are weapon refine, which is irrelevant, and +5 on sleeves, pants and necklace. You can easily go with a lower refine if you shard with g7 instead of g6 like I did. Money is so easy to make now if you just farm mats etc and most HH90 mats got cheaper.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • WitchTamer - Sanctuary
    WitchTamer - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you're scared of taking aggro then hotkey your weapon. Click the hotkey to unequip and knock your damage down to around 1k per tick, re-equip when you are feeling more confident.

Un-equiping your weapon will not cancel DB.
    Main = WitchBurner