I'm not seeing the 2x drops.....

SuperFireFly - Harshlands
SuperFireFly - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Yes I clearly see the 2x experience and the spirit. In fact when the mobs drop, they are dropping more. However, yesterday I was killing foxwing supremes and they were dropping multiple items on 90% of the kills. This morning they are only dropping about once every 5th kill.......

So, what happened? I did not level up..... They are 2 levels higher than me..... Seems like the patch has lowered the % drop rate, but increased the amount of drop when the % is hit.

Anyone else seeing this as a problem or am I just the unlucky one?
Post edited by SuperFireFly - Harshlands on

Comments

• Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm guessing it's a ninja balance patch to combat massive inflation before it even hits.

Or you were just unlucky.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes I clearly see the 2x experience and the spirit. In fact when the mobs drop, they are dropping more. However, yesterday I was killing foxwing supremes and they were dropping multiple items on 90% of the kills. This morning they are only dropping about once every 5th kill.......

So, what happened? I did not level up..... They are 2 levels higher than me..... Seems like the patch has lowered the % drop rate, but increased the amount of drop when the % is hit.

Anyone else seeing this as a problem or am I just the unlucky one?

To check it you must kill something about ... 100-1000 mobs.

This is because of random.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuperFireFly - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    It did not seem random yesterday, in fact it was very consistent. Yet this morning it was consistently not dropping....

At least it seems consistent. b:sad
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I, personally have not yet played this morning, but my faction's TT boss-guy told me that in their first TT run this morning, drops were crazy good, and he was SO pleased (which is good, because we're getting so behind on TT gear for our members...).
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    one hour of grinding with a partner at lvl 96 spiders yielded over 800k worth of drops, normally it's 400k

don't kill like 10 mobs and judge from that; don't even judge on 100. i have no idea how many my partner and i kill in an hour but we sure saw a difference when we went to bank.
  • SuperFireFly - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Sweet. That is encouraging. I will continue as planned and see how it turns out. Thank you all for your feedback.

I may have bee impulsive, hopefully I am really wrong.
  • Aia - Raging Tide
    Aia - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Also an added tidbit, there are days of the week when certain elements drop better than others, perhaps this might have played into your test.
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My bf got his herc yesterday, already hit TT this morning and had pretty good drops. Of course when he bragged to faction there was an immediate "hey I need that mat" which wasn't quite the reaction he wanted. But still we both plan to take advantage of it. My little veno isn't high enough to get into TT alone so I'm using the 2x exp to fix that!

b:dirty
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Edited NVM
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the 2x drops is for sure in full effect.. took the time to run TT 1-1 and 2-1 before work this morning and it was just this side of spectacular b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]