suggestion. TW viewable to all

Salidor - Dreamweaver
Salidor - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
I just started PWI not too long ago so i dont know if PWI already has this.

but i think it would be nice if there was a option for everyone on the server was able to watch a TW battle.

having the non combatants say turn into a ghost watching the battle below as it takes place, so they can move though out the feild. but the 2 fighting sides cant see the spectators.

This will give alot of the newer ones a good Idea how alot of the PvP is all about, and the Older ones a way to learn new moves and working better as a team.

I've moved here after playing D/A/o/C for almost 10 years lol, and one thing that did help me was watching the PvP/RvR battle movies :+)

b:bye
Salidor
Post edited by Salidor - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i think it doesnt have it cause game engine simply dont support, i can be wrong
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • VenomSara - Heavens Tear
    VenomSara - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    that would sound nice for ppl that never saw TW
    but for the ppl fighting would be like
    10.000 ppl watching think create some lagg into the fight

but like a TW TV channel would be more interesting i think b:chuckle
    Noobs dont PK on cube entrance
    or i may hurt you in self defence
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    EXCELLENT IDEA...

It should be a TW arena with an area off to the side where spectators can stand around cheering ppl on.

The whole TW thing atm is just so fail imo. I have no desire to participate unless we get to turn it into a sport where fans can participate by cheering their favorite factions on. I think I'd join a faction that TW's if that was the case.

this suggestion is FTW
  • Azus - Heavens Tear
    Azus - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    That would be really good, but as VenomSara said it would create lag... extreme lag.

Imagine all those people in the same place.... It would be like trying to do TW in west archosaur, but so much worse b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"While it is good to have an end to journey toward, it is the journey that matters the most in the end"
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well....why not has like something that records the TW
    and people can view it later.
    :D
    then no lag.
    ^.^
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well....why not has like something that records the TW
    and people can view it later.
    :D
    then no lag.
    ^.^

I would be fine with this, but how would they decide where the camera would be? In the defender's base, in the attacker's base, in the middle of B, or somewhere else?

I guess they could record at strategic points in the TW...but they'd still miss a large amount.

The moving around is a good idea if it wouldn't cause so much lag. I lag a ton in TW as it is, thanks. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    In quite a few fps games, when you die you get a deathcam of some sort. You're viewing things in kind of an omniscient view and you can move around and stuff without your character actually being present.

Wonder if that's possible here ?_?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    Reico_M - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LAAAAAAG

At the very most, get someone in the fight to record it and post it on youtube.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    major lag...
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Atleast not live view.

Fac A sets 1 person to live view the base of fac B. Et voila, a spy who can move around freely telling it's own faction what's happening WITHOUT costing a person who can fight

That, and ofcourse lagg of a LOT of invisible persons inside the map
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Hecklar - Sanctuary
    Hecklar - Sanctuary Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hehe, Tw is already Laggy enough xD.. West archosaur lag while in Tw, that sounds about right. If you want to see Tw :3 Level up a character, join a Tw faction.. And DO tw.. I didn't see Tw for the first time until i was inside it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I support true forms :3
  • Xeiren - Heavens Tear
    Xeiren - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No, this just leads to lag and spying on other guild's, possibly even an enemy's, strategies, roster, etc. TW doesn't need more than 160 people inside the instance.
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I like the idea. One way to implement this with as minimal lag inside the instance as possible would be to have an NPC that, for a price (can't expect the show to be for free & we all know PWE is money hungry), allow you to become a "ghost" on the battlefield. The ghost would be invisible, unable to attack/use skills & can freely roam around the area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I would be fine with this, but how would they decide where the camera would be? In the defender's base, in the attacker's base, in the middle of B, or somewhere else?

I guess they could record at strategic points in the TW...but they'd still miss a large amount.

The moving around is a good idea if it wouldn't cause so much lag. I lag a ton in TW as it is, thanks. b:surrender

(>.<)'
    Aadi be thinking too much like a human.
    >.<'
    it doesn't has to be a 1st person camera.
    just record the entire battlefield down to the trees and grass.
    then let people walk around the map themselves.
    or mayhaps even a 3rd person sky view from above/side/etc.
    b:thanks
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Venue - Lost City
    Venue - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wont be too much lag if only 50 spectators are allowed to enter and it had a 100k coins fee.
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sounds like guildwars. Exists there with a few minutes delay so people cant see tactics and tell their guildies.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    In Team Fortress Classic World Championship tournee you could see the whole match live from start to end with even a commentator. There was a live feed to a server, which distributed it as video feed forward to spectators.

Spying via this can be dealt with putting lag with the actual action and what people can see. The camera could be a GM flying around in a invisible ghost mode and thus act as a director.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i would luv to be able to view a TW live so i can learn about pvp before i lvl my characters on lost city would help me a ton but it will never happen like others have said will cause lagb:sad
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Xeiren - Heavens Tear
    Xeiren - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I like the idea. One way to implement this with as minimal lag inside the instance as possible would be to have an NPC that, for a price (can't expect the show to be for free & we all know PWE is money hungry), allow you to become a "ghost" on the battlefield. The ghost would be invisible, unable to attack/use skills & can freely roam around the area.
    wont be too much lag if only 50 spectators are allowed to enter and it had a 100k coins fee.

50 is too many and 100k is too little.

Make it 50m entrance fee and 30% goes to losing faction, 60% to winning faction, and 10% as a coin sink. b:chuckle

Despite that joke, I'm still against this idea.