Race Specific Meditation

Reico_M - Dreamweaver
Reico_M - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
The Tideborn's new meditation animation seems to just trump everyone else'.

I think it would be cool to give the Winged Elves and the Untamed something fancy of their own.

The Elves could hover in the air as the Tideborn do, but instead of being embraced by a torrent of water and having fish swarm them, they could be embraced with a pair of wings. Feathers could drop off to add to the effect.

The Untamed I think don't need anything super fancy, like the Tideborn. Sitting down and meditating just seems right for them. Perhaps just creating a different animation to separate them from the Humans would be enough. A light that seemingly emits from within them, instead of surrounding them, perhaps?
Post edited by Reico_M - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, I like that idea. But while meditating, the character template should remain the same... not like Tideborn's mermaid form which doesnt fit to the true character...
  • Yudai - Sanctuary
    Yudai - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    :O agreed, i think this would be awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks NowItsAwn.
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    the character template should remain the same... not like Tideborn's mermaid form which doesnt fit to the true character...

Now you just gotta ask yourself: Which form is it's 'true' form? Tideform or Humanoid? What came first, the Chicken or the Egg? =p
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Now you just gotta ask yourself: Which form is it's 'true' form? Tideform or Humanoid? What came first, the Chicken or the Egg? =p

this be tideborn's trueform 1,000,000,000,000 years ago.
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I think it would be cool to give the Winged Elves and the Untamed something fancy of their own.

The Elves could hover in the air as the Tideborn do, but instead of being embraced by a torrent of water and having fish swarm them, they could be embraced with a pair of wings. Feathers could drop off to add to the effect.

The Untamed I think don't need anything super fancy, like the Tideborn. Sitting down and meditating just seems right for them. Perhaps just creating a different animation to separate them from the Humans would be enough. A light that seemingly emits from within them, instead of surrounding them, perhaps?

Cool idea, I totally like it.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yay for this idea! Bring it on, I would really love to see other meditating animations, and as well, some cool changes on the human meditation, or at least, bring the old meditation back, please, it was so cool to have sparks surrounding you instead of a bubble.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Yay for this idea! Bring it on, I would really love to see other meditating animations, and as well, some cool changes on the human meditation, or at least, bring the old meditation back, please, it was so cool to have sparks surrounding you instead of a bubble.

b:angry
    not a bubble....
    hamster ball
    b:avoid
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    untamed already have an alt meditation. The tigers sit and the foxes curl into a ball. :3
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010

stealing ideas <.<
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6416791&postcount=11
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6416851&postcount=13
  • Calitae - Sanctuary
    Calitae - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agreewith the archer/cleric idea with expanded wings. It would make us look godly..as if we already weren't b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig by the wonderful Forsakenx ;D
  • Eshlay - Lost City
    Eshlay - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I actually like this idea. I mean, why should Tideborn be the only class that gets special stuff? >.< As said, maybe the elves can hover like Tideborn, but maybe their bubble is made of feathers. And for Humans... I dunno. XD For Untamed, maybe it can be slightly different depending on the animal it is. Like bunnies get cute bunnies or something. XD
    Eshlay- Lv. 92 Venomancer (Quit/Retired)

Playing for: 2 years.

Completely uninstalled. Still lurking the forums from time to time. Might come back if some things are done right for once.
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Didn't steal anything from you man, we clearly are just thinking the same things.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This idea crossed my mind as well. It would be a really nice feature for each race. Winged Elves could have something like wings made of light enveloping them while meditating, Humans could have sparks of light or perhaps something elemental related, and Untamed could have something with an earthy tone or nature based.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    For untamed i'd suggest a hellish theme to complement elfs.
    Especially when i think about the bat veno and that they are the curse class in the game.
    Or if i have to use the nature theme that they are half beasts i'd conjure a tree they could sit on with falling leaves.
    For human i think floating in the air in Buddha pose would be neat.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Didn't steal anything from you man, we clearly are just thinking the same things.

<- just trollin' i think a lot of people had the idea tbh lol
  • _Asuka_ - Raging Tide
    _Asuka_ - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is a really good suggestion. Each race should have their own meditation animation.
  • Sheyde - Sanctuary
    Sheyde - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    this idea rocks but untamed should get something cool too, i wish some developers look at this thread.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    this idea rocks but untamed should get something cool too, i wish some developers look at this thread.

What about they sit and grass grows where they're sitting, and leaves flutter around them? That fits the 'earthy' theme I'd think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    UNTAMED - Fire/Earth Oriented

WINGED ELVES - Wind/Feather Oriented

BLADEMASTER - Chi Oriented
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    UNTAMED - Fire/Earth Oriented

WINGED ELVES - Wind/Feather Oriented

BLADEMASTER - Chi Oriented

Poor wizards b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Poor wizards b:cry

Wizzy could do levitation.
    Or maybe that'd be more something for the winged elves?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Wizzy could do levitation.
    Or maybe that'd be more something for the winged elves?

I was thinking:

Elves: I really liked the wings surrounding them and feathers floating idea. Floating, but in a standing position.

Untamed: Sitting on the ground with leaves floating around them and grass growing at their feet.

Humans: Floating in a sitting position. Maybe glowing orange to represent chi and energy? Possibly with small dragons flying around the edge of the ball, to offset the plainness of it b:chuckle Also since both classes have dragon-related skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Untamed: Sitting on the ground with leaves floating around them and grass growing at their feet.

Yes, my dear, we would all love to see our favourite tiger fertilizing the ground while meditating, as long as we don't have to smell it
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have nothing against this, I just see this as a huge script, remaking everyones meditation and thinking of new ones. But I say its a good ideab:victory
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
    edited January 2010
    Humans: Floating in a sitting position. Maybe glowing orange to represent chi and energy? Possibly with small dragons flying around the edge of the ball, to offset the plainness of it b:chuckle Also since both classes have dragon-related skills.

hmm
    power up...like this?
    b:shocked
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinrest - Sanctuary
    Kinrest - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    untamed already have an alt meditation. The tigers sit and the foxes curl into a ball. :3

b:laugh Lucky us! And our alt meditations are so cool, eh? Ahahah...no.

I love this idea! I hate our odd little bubble...so pathetic. Instead for the untamed though, so we could be little special too...BUTTERFLIES surround us! xD Or.... I like the fluttering leaves idea though. I don't want the untamed to be left out! b:sad
  • NaturesSoul - Sanctuary
    NaturesSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    this would be a great addition to the game b:victory
    DO NOT FEED - DaNGER DO NOT TRY TO PET WILL BITEb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    faction:Charisma
    ALTs: lvl 32 veno,lvl 21 archer,lvl 13 cleric,
    lvl 12 BM,lvl 7 wiz,lvl 20 sin,lvl 18 psychic
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Seriously I'd rather PWI spend time, energy & resources on more pressing issues & ideas. Meditation is a passive action that doesn't impact anything in the game. All you're talking about here is making meditation more fun to look at the first few times you see it & then you'll be bored again.

Not a good idea at all... sorry.
  • NaturesSoul - Sanctuary
    NaturesSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well the game is for entertainment & if these types of meditations were added you could make some great screenshots & have a little fun wit them but it kind of should be at the bottom of the add to the game list first thing tht needs to be fixed is those dang glitchesb:angry
    DO NOT FEED - DaNGER DO NOT TRY TO PET WILL BITEb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    faction:Charisma
    ALTs: lvl 32 veno,lvl 21 archer,lvl 13 cleric,
    lvl 12 BM,lvl 7 wiz,lvl 20 sin,lvl 18 psychic