sound track needs more variety

Lyritha - Heavens Tear
Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
sometimes play with game music on and my god... while the Tide Born area is fine because each tune is kind of area specific the other stuff is just reused too often.

Anyone who has left game music on and went into Old Heaven's Tear with that short song looped knows the agony and pain.

That being said I play another PWE game named Jade Dynasty that has hit the nail on the head for the music. Suggestion : pull some of those songs to PWI since JD uses PWI music I think that is only fair.
Post edited by Lyritha - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Honestly, I agree.

Don't get me wrong, PWI has some beautiful soundtracks, but there really should be more of them.

The Tideborn areas and Twilight Temple feature some interesting ones, and each major city has its own. That's great. But what about the FB instances and erm, in between spaces of cities?

lol, anyone who's really serious about this could make a map of the different areas and the soundtracks that play, and suggest areas where new soundtracks can apply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • Azus - Heavens Tear
    Azus - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes I have to agree with you on this.
    Most of the time I listen to my own music, but on occasion I do turn on the ingame soundtrack..... It gets turned off again very quickly.

They should put the same sort of effort into the entire PW world that they put into the TB areas. The City of the Raging Tide is the only place I tend to put on the ingame music anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"While it is good to have an end to journey toward, it is the journey that matters the most in the end"
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i think they wanted to keep client as minimum as possible cause they didnt only reused soundtrack but also mobs/tree/herb/boss/....
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    no, music files are pretty small compressed in comparison to everything else... you're talking 5MB per tune... once the update is implemented it is not like it has to be constant new tracks. Just a more consistent sound track with music that actually matches the theme of the area you are in.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    BVRINHR3q2h f3fh2w[ fhwep[obf BRING IN TECHNO!!!!
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • velitrap
    velitrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well, given the time it takes to make the songs vs how quickly playing hours a day depreciates the music...
    It's pretty futile.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    I would think they could do the same thing they did in Jade Dynasty which actually uses some of the PWI tracks. And that is simple share the music from that game given it has more variety.
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'd rather see PWI apply time & resources to real issues & problems & leave the musical entertainment to my Ipod or internet radio stations.

Have any of you tried the little music icon on the task bar in your game client to get radio stations to replace the game music? That's what it is there for. They have a lot of other game soundtracks you can listen to instead. It's pretty cool actually.