Clerics Vs. Assassins

Sir_Martin - Lost City
Sir_Martin - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cleric
So since the Release of the Tideborn Expansion up till now what i have seen and experience of the new classes in PvP is that the most difficult thing that Cleric have against Assassins is there Stealth Mode. From what i have seen is that the Assassins have the upper advantage in a fight since they will come up out of no where and sleep hit you and then stun you and keep hitting you with crits then your down *Cleric Not Having a Charm*. I would like to know if any other have the same problems with the Assassin Class. I would also like to know what you do if do get in a fight with an Assassin. Do you usually win againt them if they sneak up on you? Do you think that the Assasins Stealth should get nurfed it being to OP.

Shadow Walk Level 1 Learned: lvl 13
Mana 20
Channel 0.7 seconds
Cast 2.8 seconds
Cooldown 6.0 seconds
Weapon Daggers

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Adept
Enter stealth mode.
Enemies with an Awareness Level lower than your Stealth Level can not see you.
Costs 24 mana per second.
Only usable when out of combat.

Shadow Escape Level 1 Learned: lvl 29
Mana 100
Channel 0.7 seconds
Cast 2.8 seconds
Cooldown 90.0 seconds
Weapon Daggers

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Harmony
Force yourself into stealth. Dispel all negative status.
Enemies with an Awareness Level lower than your Stealth Level can not see you.
Costs 24 Mana per second.

A successful cast will increase one Spark.
[SIGPIC]8x Epic Cleric =P[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sir_Martin - Lost City on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    only way u stand a chance imo is to pay extremely close attention.

Without Absolute Domain on my genie i dont think id stand a chance against them.

But what I do is pop a domain then a dew of star protection-sleep-plumeshell- then proceed to go nuts attacking. If i fail to kill them before they stealth i stack ironhearts and/or haul *** kiting til Domain is ready again
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    What do you think of the Assassins Stealth BS
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    What do you think of the Assassins Stealth BS

havent been attacked by many to really have a fair opinion, but from what ive seen its BS for arcane class's. ive personally seen a 7x assasin take out a 100 cleric in a matter of seconds.

But, sad thing is, chances are it wont get tweeked, for the same reason bleed will never get fixed. Sins are new, everyone is spending money building theirs up with refines/oracles etc, so more income for devs. Why would they fix it.
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    havent been attacked by many to really have a fair opinion, but from what ive seen its BS for arcane class's. ive personally seen a 7x assasin take out a 100 cleric in a matter of seconds.

Ya, had SolidSnake on me for a while when was 8x >> Killed him the first few time but he then later got me >> *Cough Lord Kazahana Cough*
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Ya, had SolidSnake on me for a while when was 8x >> Killed him the first few time but he then later got me >> *Cough Lord Kazahana Cough*

i dont think they are the same person, I heard its one of his friends.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Pretty much what Bob said....however I have not run into any except for ppl wanting to test on me in duels...they are not fun for Arcane users but very beatable...it is more the stealth you must get past b:surrender (Keep in mind though that AOE's still hit them while in stealth)

I must say though...Assassins in general can pretty much kill all classes. they have a harder time against HA users, but I have seen them kill those more then a few levels higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Thats crazy! b:shocked

Havent really fought too many either but I normally do ok because I switch to HA. Stealth is a real nuisance tho! =[[
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thats crazy! b:shocked

Havent really fought too many either but I normally do ok because I switch to HA. Stealth is a real nuisance tho! =[[

hmm...
    yesh of course.
    *goes off to restat HA and use +3 sharded Calamity axes*
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Clerics Vs. Assassins... this happens to me like daily. Especially on Raging Tide server, which are filled with Tideborn's Classes ~

I hate that Stealth, it's kinda cheat or OP to sneak around, checking other's gears and preparing very well before he start to attack/ stun. While we the victims know nothing about that sudden attack, unprepared, especially when we're fighting mobs/ grinding.

From my experience, Sin could kill any classes if they're too late to react, after being stuned. But Sin will find it hard, when they're fighting back, especially when they're charmed or stun them back.

It's very annoying before, I got attacked mamy times when I was grinding mobs then suddenly got stuned and killed. But now I'm charmed, keep checking the squad list and mini map for any possible incoming (this is also annoying), and also fighting back. That way, I can survive more... but, the bad thing is, they can stealth again in the middle of the battle to run/ go to SZ -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Solution: A barb friend by your side 24/7. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I still dont see how you are able to AoE against the Assassins, unless there happens to be a mob next to right at that time.
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I still dont see how you are able to AoE against the Assassins, unless there happens to be a mob next to right at that time.

Find a really good friend that will let you use Siren's Kiss on them? b:chuckle
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gleerock - Heavens Tear
    Gleerock - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well realy there are no reason t be afraid of them, "oh yes might some people say", but I'll still argue with them, because these are my reasons:

*They can't stealth forever if you run like a "coward" and try to waste their mp, it drains their mp and their mp/reg isn't that high

*If attacked by surprise, what you do are, sleep your enemy, buff 'n' debuff, stun, then nuke(idk what your prefer skill is, plumeshot,cyclone,etc)

*Mostly(99%) of the sins in the high lvls are pure dex, noobs aren't, pure dex is the strongest build for the sin. Gives damn lots of crits, evt, and dmg. But they will be squishy as hell to, and since cleric are range you pown them by slow-attack-sleep-attack combo, etc. before they reach you!

*And if you say that you're arcane armour, I'll just say; if the condition above agrees with your situation and the enemy is dex build, their just like you, look below

*Pure Mag = Pure Dex (As you have low phy.def, they have low mag.def)

*You say shadow escape, but 99% of sins start they pvp attack with stealth~combo and by the time they have low hp, they have already used lots of mp by trying to kill you and you keep buff and debuff, that in the end they can't

*If you see an incautious Assasin chatting, or newly pvp player(can be seen in early duels), you can scare the hell outa him/her with this combo: (opt)heavens wrath->tempest->greater cyclone->elven boon->cyclone->sirens kiss
    That should teach sins of whose the place of whom in the food chain xD

*Unless pwi releases a new tt,etc weapon for sins that slashes -100 mp from the enemy you'll be fine

Well those are my reasons, but if by any means that you Can prove me wrong, I'll just say "hey, what do I know, I'm just a lvl 50+ cleric and plays in a PvE server *shrugs* ",
    btw as a Warning for all: full arcane spell casters are not to be taken lightly, I powned a full heavy barb in a duel in my lvl 30's with crit or no, first time without crit, second he wanted to have his revenge and I did a crit of 2k+!!
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Well realy there are no reason t be afraid of them, "oh yes might some people say", but I'll still argue with them, because these are my reasons:

*They can't stealth forever if you run like a "coward" and try to waste their mp, it drains their mp and their mp/reg isn't that high

*If attacked by surprise, what you do are, sleep your enemy, buff 'n' debuff, stun, then nuke(idk what your prefer skill is, plumeshot,cyclone,etc)

*Mostly(99%) of the sins in the high lvls are pure dex, noobs aren't, pure dex is the strongest build for the sin. Gives damn lots of crits, evt, and dmg. But they will be squishy as hell to, and since cleric are range you pown them by slow-attack-sleep-attack combo, etc. before they reach you!

*And if you say that you're arcane armour, I'll just say; if the condition above agrees with your situation and the enemy is dex build, their just like you, look below

*You say shadow escape, but 99% of sins start they pvp attack with stealth~combo and by the time they have low hp, they have already used lots of mp by trying to kill you and you keep buff and debuff, that in the end they can't

*Remember if you're full Arcane cleric, it's kill or be killed!!

*Unless pwi releases a new tt,etc weapon for sins that slashes -100 mp from the enemy you'll be fine

Well those are my reasons, but if by any means that you prove me wrong, I'll just say "hey, what do I know, I'm just a lvl 50+ cleric and plays in a PvE server *shrugs* ",
    btw as a Warning for all: full arcane spell casters are not to be taken lightly, I powned a full heavy barb in a duel in my lvl 30's with crit or no, first time without crit, second he wanted to have his revenge and I did a crit of 2k+!!

JS there stealth costs them 24mp every second >> so he would just have a charm for his mp
  • Gleerock - Heavens Tear
    Gleerock - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well as a full Dex Sin they have not much mp, and charms have cooldown so they can't escape at once! And with clerics long range they can kill sins before they leave
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    hmm...
    yesh of course.

Good choice! the HP bonus on those axes is awesome! b:chuckle
    --Retired--

• Ahira - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Well as a full Dex Sin they have not much mp, and charms have cooldown so they can't escape at once! And with clerics long range they can kill sins before they leave

It shouldnt really be an issue with 5K mp pots from tokens being so cheap.
    --Retired--

• Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You all seem to forget one thing about stealth.

Maxed it costs 15mp/sec. If they have a cleric friend buff them with Celestial Guardian seal, they are now only using up 5mp/sec. Which is VERY easy to overcome with decent MP recovery gear. Put simply, they can stay in stealth for as long as they damn well please. b:surrender
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysiopa - Dreamweaver
    Mysiopa - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    But...doesn't stealth only work if they have a higher awareness level than you? b:surrender
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yes, but they have a skill that increases there awareness lvl up to 20 lvl's basically. so same lvl'd and near lvl'd sin can stealth from you. I had been thinking about rerolling on a pvp server... but sin basically made me decide that I was perfectly content on my pve server. The class itself basically looks like a lure for people who want to rpk.
  • HieiCleric - Lost City
    HieiCleric - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lets break this down:

Kinda can't do this cuz they can stun/sleep u b4 u know they're there.

Can't do this because if there already planning on attacking you, they're gonna be stealth and therefore your not gonna see em to get the jump on em.

LA gives a decent amount of mag. resist. Enough to not be so weak to the 2-3 mtl skills a cleric has.
    *You say shadow escape, but 99% of sins start their pvp attack with stealth~combo and by the time they have low hp, they have already used lots of mp by trying to kill you and you keep buff and debuff, that in the end they can't

Doubt they're gonna have low hp by the time they have low mp because it only takes 2-3 shots to kill some w/ 1k or so p.def. Then there's also Sir_Martin's point of them being charmed. (and also fixed)
    *If you see an incautious Assasin chatting, or newly pvp player(can be seen in early duels), you can scare the hell outa him/her with this combo: (opt)heavens wrath->tempest->greater cyclone->elven boon->cyclone->sirens kiss
    That should teach sins of whose the place of whom in the food chain xD

This one there are SO many problems with. Heaven's Wrath is an aoe skill that stops when you stop channeling. If you were dumb enough to use Heaven's Wrath then your down 1 spark to use Tempest. Elven Boon is a lvl 100 skill. By the time you get to Siren's Kiss in your chain, your not gonna have a spark to use for it. And finally, according to your logic, it's a 3x-4x sin and then that just makes you look like a nub.

Clerics are the slowest class in game (along with psychics). And most of the Assassin's are cash shopper's. Therefore: 1. They're gonna wings wings that are equal to or better than your's. 2. If it's on ground, they can outrun you easily.

I think I've made you look like enough of a nub. And btw, your only lvl 54 so gtfo.
    If you attack some random monster, then all of its friends will come over to attack you back. And if a Cleric throws a heal at you, all of those friends will then hate the cleric more than you, and so will rush over to kill the Cleric. Who will hate you forever.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    also....they has too many control and survivability skills.....
    assassins has a 35 Meter instant stun skill.....lasts for 3 seconds.
    2 invisibilities....(me think they should get rid of the force invis one...at least in PvP)
    25% chance to resist any type of attack.....
    25% be way too high.....

those be the biggest problem skills me see so far.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hmm...
    yesh of course.

*gives u +10 Calamity axes*
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Remember what happened when we where in party Hamsta that Dang Sin messed with our Zhen >.< b:surrender poor Accursed the need to nurf that instant invisibility to duel only >>.