Pet Skills: Poison vs Bleed

Options
Blutend - Harshlands
Blutend - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Venomancer
I would thank your oppinion about such skills:

What do you think is better as general purpose, for PvE or PvP, having into account that the Monster/Player who is going to be affected by the skill, has no special resistances agains them?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Blutend - Harshlands on

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I say bleed, later on you'll get a skill that poisons + it's an AOE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    On the other hand, poison stacks - so I'm not sure it makes much of a difference. (Bleed stacks too, but I'm not sure where a veno would get a second bleed from)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    toxic mist, the veno pet wood damage skill does not have a DoT component, even though it uses the same animation as mobs who cast Dot poison. Bleed FTW in PVP and against any mob that isnt earth affinity (earth is weak against wood)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    On the other hand, poison stacks - so I'm not sure it makes much of a difference. (Bleed stacks too, but I'm not sure where a veno would get a second bleed from)
    Two Phoenixes?

Not sure if you could stow and summon one fast enough and get bleed off before the first bleed wears off though..b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Two Phoenixes?

Not sure if you could stow and summon one fast enough and get bleed off before the first bleed wears off though..b:puzzled

it's a good theory, but unfortunately, even if you stow your pet and resummon it... the skill still cools down at the same pace.

Personally, though, I prefer the bleed. I know you were saying to assume the opponent doesn't have any resistance to it, but it's impractical to do that. The fact is that they DO have resistances to wood. I've never seen my bleed damage get hampered by any type of resistance, but I have definately seen wood skills drop in dps from it. Also... taking resistance into the equation again... a veno already has a lot of wood based dmg. Having a bleed skill adds to your variety of dps so that you aren't stuck fighting a wood mob and having every one of your skills do low dmg.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it's a good theory, but unfortunately, even if you stow your pet and resummon it... the skill still cools down at the same pace.

Personally, though, I prefer the bleed. I know you were saying to assume the opponent doesn't have any resistance to it, but it's impractical to do that. The fact is that they DO have resistances to wood. I've never seen my bleed damage get hampered by any type of resistance, but I have definately seen wood skills drop in dps from it. Also... taking resistance into the equation again... a veno already has a lot of wood based dmg. Having a bleed skill adds to your variety of dps so that you aren't stuck fighting a wood mob and having every one of your skills do low dmg.

of course bleed isnt affect by magical resistance.. its a physical attack skill.

Iv been wondering one thing..... what would it be like to have a Nix using a lvl 5 elemental skill (like toxic mist) on a low magical resistance class in pvp?
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Hollow Fist? b:question

[EDIT]
    nvm I forgot its bleed effect is **** dmg
    Retired b:bye
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Myriad Rainbow bleed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

That's why I said two Phoenixes. As in, stowing the first Nix after it gets bleed off, and then summoning another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Whoa whoa whoa - you mean there are people who don't know the trick?

The skill displays in cooldown, but it's not. You can still trigger it.

So yes, you're right, and yes, I've done it (with a wolf, not the nix) so thanks for reminding me :)

And yes - whilst toxic mist doesn't poison - I think there *is* a plain old poison pet skill?
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

So yes, you're right, and yes, I've done it (with a wolf, not the nix) so thanks for reminding me :)

And yes - whilst toxic mist doesn't poison - I think there *is* a plain old poison pet skill?

even i knew that
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

seriously? I've never tried that with a DoT skill so I guess I never had any way of knowing that the skill can still be used while in cooldown (after resummoning). It didn't seem to work with the pounce skill, but I could have just had some bad luck with the stuns. I mean... you could pretty much stun lock someone with a nix. Pounce, unsummon, resummon, lucky scarab, pounce, unsummon, etc....

At higher lvls, it might not make it past a person's charm, but at least you'd be safe from harm.
  • TooHotforBob - Lost City
    TooHotforBob - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    use bleed since its bugged still, a skill that ignores the targets' physical defense, how can you lose? 9x nix attacking a 9x arcane will do 1900 damage each bleed tick. Who needs poison!b:victory
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    use bleed since its bugged still, a skill that ignores the targets' physical defense, how can you lose? 9x nix attacking a 9x arcane will do 1900 damage each bleed tick. Who needs poison!b:victory

each tick???? like five bashes after each other?
  • TooHotforBob - Lost City
    TooHotforBob - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rinuruc wrote: »
    each tick???? like five bashes after each other?

correct, bleed ignores all defenses. Its not supposed to but it does :)

it gos through a clerics plume shell, dew of star protections raise your physical defense to almost max and bleed still hits that high. nothing can counter it except 2 genie skills / a triple spark, but those can easily be purged.

combine that 1900 damage with a veno's damage AND the nix itself... ur target is usually dead in a matter of seconds.
    Broken game is broken.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options